Windows 10: MSN Homepage using Edge

Discus and support MSN Homepage using Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A few days ago my MSN homepage stopped showing all images. About 10% of images will show but the rest are just greyed out boxes. I've tried disabling... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lunsfordc, May 5, 2017.

1. Lunsfordc Win User

MSN Homepage using Edge

A few days ago my MSN homepage stopped showing all images. About 10% of images will show but the rest are just greyed out boxes. I've tried disabling Tracking, turned off my antivirus (Defender), turned off the firewall, disabling Flashplayer........ but nothing seems to do the trick. I should also mention that I get the same results using Firefox. Something's changed but I'm all out of ideas!!

Would appreciate any suggestions from the members.

Thanx,

:)

Lunsfordc, May 5, 2017

2. MS Edge

Edge has MSN as homepage set up by default.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 5, 2017
  3. bjbalzer Win User
    why do I get MSN when I select Internet Explorer?

Apparently, MSN is your homepage.

Open Internet Options (Alt+t+o)> (General tab)> if MSN is in the Home page field, remove it and type in the homepage you want.

Don

Apparently, MSN is your homepage.

Open Internet Options (Alt+t+o)> (General tab)> if MSN is in the Home page field, remove it and type in the homepage you want.

Don

Thank you, DON. I will try that.

bjbalzer, May 5, 2017
  4. MSN Homepage using Edge

Welcome to the forums Lunsfordc!

You say this just started, have you tried a system restore to a point before it started? Have you installed any new software? Have you ran any malware/spyware scan's? If not, that's where I would start.

We have many fine tutorials here at the forums, written by some very talented people, here's one on how to reset Edge :

Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Might be worth a try, if it works then resetting/reinstalling F.F. would probably fix it as well.

indianacarnie, May 5, 2017
  5. Lunsfordc Win User
    Indianacarnie,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I would rather hold the Restore option as a last resort. It may be necessary - I agree.

I can go through the Reset option for Edge, but given that the same issue occurs on other browsers I'm leaning towards something else being the root of the problem, rather than Edge.

To answer your questions - No I haven't installed any new software, and Yes I've run Malwarebytes since having the problem. The only recent (a week prior to the problem occurring) change I made was to uninstall Avast and activate Windows Defender in its place. With Avast out and Defender in the there were no issues, and I would have noticed as my default page on opening Edge is set to MSN.

As a side note, I use the excellent tool Edge Manage to deal with my favorites. Couldn't be easier.

I appreciate your suggestions and will continue looking for an answer. Restore just may have to come into play. Will post an update if I find something.

Thanx again,

Lunsfordc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MSN Homepage using Edge

1. MSN Homepage using Edge - Similar Threads - MSN Homepage using

2. MSN EDGE WONT SAVE IMAGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN EDGE WONT SAVE IMAGE: MSN EDGE CANNOT SAVE IMAGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-edge-wont-save-image/f7f45a6d-2a23-475b-ba65-804efd09e128"
  3. Edge default homepage ‘my feed’

in Browsers and Email
    Edge default homepage ‘my feed’: I am sure people barely look at this but I still have all our family users homepage for edge set as the default MS one. Two or three feature updates back it was actually quite useful. In one page it would have your location weather, relevant news, upcoming sports fixtures (we...
  4. From MSN homepage Bad Ads redirected to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    From MSN homepage Bad Ads redirected to: Every day when I start at MSN News homepage, I was redirected to these bad website addresses. I was redirected to them several times a day. I’m tired of them. My comp was frozen each time it happened. The only way out is Task Manager and End Process. I have Malwarebytes...
  5. MSN Homepage appears at bootup

in Browsers and Email
    MSN Homepage appears at bootup: Hi, For several days now I have had the MSN homepage pop up every time I boot up. It appears to be initiated by a call to open the page http://www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect . MSN is not my home page and I don't want to see it. How can I stop it opening? I haven't had any...
  6. Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

in Browsers and Email
    Default Edge Start Screen or MSN: Preface: I actually think the default Edge Start Screen is a version of MSN. I've been happily using Edge's default start screen yet am giving consideration to MSN's start screen. Opinions please. 91645
  7. How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?: Hi, I want to set custom homepage on Microsoft Edge without using GPO (As it works only on Domain-Joined Machine). i have tried through below registry but it didn't work for me. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local...
  8. change homepage in edge

in Browsers and Email
    change homepage in edge: I changed it last December when I first go 10, now I want to change it again and all it change is the start page. I have gone to settings and change it several times, when I open edge the page I want is there, when I click on home button old page shows up 60274
  9. Help Selecting Homepage to use with Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Help Selecting Homepage to use with Edge Browser: I'm very much the amateur user now that I'm a senior citizen. My browser is and will remain Edge. For some reason I switched to the AT&T homepage and am not overly pleased. My email is Yahoo. Due to neurological disease I have cognitive issues I like things not overly...
  10. Homepage on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Homepage on Edge: I don't know what happened but I can't set my homepage to msn on Edge. I tried the instructions but they don't work. What is the next step ?????? Thanks 94862