Windows 10: Multi-monitor taskbar

Discus and support Multi-monitor taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dick Jagger, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Multi-monitor taskbar

Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks.

:)

Dick Jagger, Jul 30, 2015

2. FIX AUTO-HIDE issue already!!!

According to "winver", which version of Windows 10 are you using? I presume we're talking about the taskbar auto-hide? Is this a multi-monitor system?

zachd [MSFT], Jul 30, 2015
  3. After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

I have the exact same problem, running on three monitors.

The taskbar on the primary is fine, the others are transparent. I've also seen the primary monitor taskbar be transparent.

I don't think it's related to settings, it's just a bug, possibly related to DPI scaling on multi-monitor setups.

I installed Creators Update manually because of the scaling improvements, everything is fine except for this, hope it will be fixed soon.

Stian Lund, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Multi-monitor taskbar

joeypent69, Aug 4, 2015
  5. I have a question, I use Windows 7 with UltraMon, which adds a taskbar onto both sides. But UltraMon does not mirror the taskbar. Each taskbar is different, and only shows what's on that monitor. All the images I have seen of Windows 10 shows a mirror image of the taskbar on both monitors. I would like to know if there is an option somewhere that makes the taskbar behave like it does with UltraMon. Here is a screenshot of what I mean.

Squallboogie, Aug 6, 2015
  6. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yes.

7. With UltraMon you can either mirror or separate the two if you only want to see the icons for windows open there appear on the Smart bar as it is called. What 10 offers is the option for a complete or partial mirror effect with the dual monitor settings which allow you to choose between everything being mirrored on the task bar from the primary display or only what is seen on that monitor. You find that in Start>Settings>System and under Multitasking>Virtual Desktops has a pair of settings there for this.

Multi-monitor taskbar [​IMG]

Now you note that the wallpaper on the secondary is the same as used for the W7 secondary not from 10's settings however but once the 10 theme is selected you then use the UltraMon wallpaper settings to adjust and save the profile in order to see a different paper on each display. The paper on the primary is actually a snipping of the new 10 wallpaper for use on a single display such as you would typically see on a VM while being able to set what you see on the secondary independently.

Night Hawk, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Multi-monitor taskbar

Does your second monitor taskbar show the toolbars, clock, date and notifications center as is visible in your first monitor? Thanks.

Dick Jagger, Aug 11, 2015
  9. JerichoNT Win User
    I'm not sure how the built in works, but I have Display Fusion and can customize the taskbar on the other screen. If you don't like Windows version, try Display Fusion or Ultra Mon or something of the likes as an alternative.

JerichoNT, Aug 11, 2015
  10. no, and there is no option for it to do that either.

joeypent69, Aug 11, 2015
  11. Upon trying both UltraMON and DisplayFusion out years back on 7 while having bought both I stuck with UltraMON. With 10 the Smart bar runs into a problem when you see a full clean install go on and not just an upgrade where the smart bar replaces the partial clone of the main bar 10 sees displayed.

On the clean install the smart bar will appear under the 10 version of the same but having all pinned items seen on the left half of the main task bar duplicated. Or the second display is disabled entirely despite having the 3rd party program running! That has been the one and only real annoyance seen with 10 besides getting things set up.

Night Hawk, Aug 11, 2015
  12. JusSko77 Win User
    Used DisplayFusion on 7, when it was running on 10, it gobbled up a ton of resources, Not sure why. But since it's been uninstalled. Everything is running smooth again.
    Well, other than unrelated issues. (Creative Console Launcher doesn't work)

JusSko77, Sep 15, 2015
  13. Multi-monitor taskbar

I got both to try out on 7 once I was finally set up with dual lcds during the beta builds and just when the RCs were first seen. I gave DisplayFusion a go but had known about UltraMON earlier before Vista was even out and found that to be much better overall despite some raving about the other! In 10 with the new settings for multitasking that automatically rules out using the smart bar option however since 10 is now equipped to deal with dual displays to an extent mind you!

You still are not able to customize certain things like having two wallpapers one for each monitor! You don't see the option to save custom profiles you get with 3rd party apps quite often. So there are some drawbacks while you still see the support now being there in a limited fashion. The UltraMON 3.2.0 version I got years back still runs on 10 like it was new! In fact I still have the 3.0.1 version as well since the product key was for that one but worked for the newer version to come later.

As for the Creative Audio Console Launcher I can't even find the option for that download any longer at the support site when looking up the two PCI type Xtreme Gamer and Xtreme Audio models while that works for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express model card as well that only sees the properties box type gui appear with tabs and not the volume control you see with the launcher itself

Presently I am booted in 7 to get the tv tuner card set up for the replacement vcr go between since it can't detect the cable tv signal being an older now long discontinued model with nothing newer to replace it with so far in trying to patch the cable box into pc for live viewing from a straight cable box with a tv now fritzing out on me where may be I should swap the DVR box there to patch into pc instead? *Eek The vcr acts as the adapter by way of the composite output to the composite input on the tv tuner card itself.

Now to reboot back into `0 to see if I am able to view the cable signal clearly.

Night Hawk, Sep 15, 2015
  14. JusSko77 Win User
    I still have the disc for creative launcher, have tried to uninstall it and reinstall. When I try to open it, Pop Up.

But its listed in the device manager and working.

ideas?

JusSko77, Oct 24, 2015
  15. I noticed one sub folder was missing from the Creative install on 10 that was seen on 7 when noting a discrepancy as far as one sub missing. That would be the Sound Blaster X-Fi folder I copied over to the 10 side of the equation that still needs to put to the test. While the update installer may not be compatible you still should be able to replace icons and create your own shortcut to the launcher even if you have to run as admin and try the Compatibility troubleshooter to get it running.

The 8.1 update went on without any problem but simply lacks the GUI portion for things like the mixer and equalizer. With that you open up tabs instead. Once I get the 10 Insider build VM situation all set I'll have a chance to see what can be done when booted in 10 again.

Night Hawk, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Multi-monitor taskbar

1. Multi-monitor taskbar - Similar Threads - Multi monitor taskbar

2. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  3. Activating HDR on multi-monitor setup breaks taskbar previews

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activating HDR on multi-monitor setup breaks taskbar previews: Hi, I have a multi-monitor setup, one of them is HDR compatible, however when its activated the taskbar app previews on mouse hover are black squares, but only for windows that are displayed on non-HDR monitors, the previews for windows displayed on the HDR monitor are fine...
  4. Taskbar icons on Multi-monitor setup never seem to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons on Multi-monitor setup never seem to work: I'm using 1 LG monitor and 1 Epson projector and I want the same taskbar icons on both monitors. The Taskbar Settings: 'Show taskbar on all displays" is set to 'On' 'Show taskbar buttons on' is set to 'All taskbars' 'Combine buttons on other taskbars' is set to 'Always,...
  5. Multi Monitor Taskbar query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi Monitor Taskbar query: Hi all, when you have multiple monitors and the taskbar set to display on all of them, is there any way to configure it so when you click an item on the taskbar (either a pinned or open app) that it opens the window on the corresponding monitor to the taskbar you used, rather...
  6. Multi monitor freeze

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor freeze: Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem. My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second...
  7. how to have more than 1 taskbar with multi monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to have more than 1 taskbar with multi monitors: how to have more than 1 taskbar with multi monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-more-than-1-taskbar-with-multi/99d8d3c9-825a-4015-8eca-8a0c44ff02c1
  8. Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi Monitor - Taskbar - Remove "Start button & Clock": PC just updated to 10 Anniversary. I have three monitors, I want to remove the start button and clock from second/third monitor. (I.E A blank task bar) I do not want to disable the second/third monitor's task bar, I like the applications running that appear on said...
  9. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  10. Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the most annoying thing, even more annoying then BSOD's once every other day, is the fact that my Taskbar doesn't stay where I place it. I have dual monitors and have always placed the taskbar on the right side of the secondary display....