Windows 10: Multiple alias in Mail?

Discus and support Multiple alias in Mail? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set up my posteo.de email account in Mail app as IMAP account. But on posteo.de I have multiple aliases. Is possible to add these aliases to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nxferenc, May 15, 2020.

1. Multiple alias in Mail?

I set up my posteo.de email account in Mail app as IMAP account. But on posteo.de I have multiple aliases. Is possible to add these aliases to Windows 10 Mail as outgoing addresses?

submitted by /u/nxferenc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nxferenc, May 15, 2020

2. Alias does not reflect under the Mail app on Windows 10.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Mail app crashes and you are unable to see the alias on the Mail app.

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?
    • Are you able to see the Alias in outlook.com?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the alias gets reflected on Outlook.com, just to make sure that whether the account issues is related within the Mail app.

If the Alias reflects under Outlook.com, I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to delete the account from the Mail app and add it back the account again.

Delete an email account from Mail and Calendar apps

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 15, 2020
  3. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

Account & billing help - Microsoft Support

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 15, 2020
  4. Mark Bu Win User

Multiple alias in Mail?

Windows 10 mail app shows alias as main account instead of my main email.

Hello ChunMan,

I have questions for you, similar to those I am others in this thread.

• When you upgraded to Windows 10, was this an upgrade from Windows 8?
      • If Yes:
        • Does this account have an email address for a non Microsoft domain (@gmail.com, @Comcast.net, etc...)
        • Was the alias account was present in Windows 8?
          • If yes, was the alias account the default account for Mail on Windows 8?
      • If no, was your Microsoft account primary alias previously the alias account that your not able to remove?
    • When you first logged into Mail on Windows 10, was the alias account automatically listed, or did you have to manually add that account.

Mark Bu, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Multiple alias in Mail?

1. Multiple alias in Mail? - Similar Threads - Multiple alias Mail

2. Setup email alias in win11 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup email alias in win11 mail app: I have an email account that my company gives me. It has two addresses, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I only logged in as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in win11 mail app. Occasionally, I would...
  3. Setup email alias in win11 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup email alias in win11 mail app: I have an email account that my company gives me. It has two addresses, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I only logged in as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in win11 mail app. Occasionally, I would...
  4. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias: Hi Experts,Mi Microsoft account is linked to a hotmail address that I never use. I tried to change it to my gmail account, but all I get is an alias. I can login to my Ms account using the gmail address as a username, but the password is still that of the hotmail account I...
  5. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias: Hi Experts,Mi Microsoft account is linked to a hotmail address that I never use. I tried to change it to my gmail account, but all I get is an alias. I can login to my Ms account using the gmail address as a username, but the password is still that of the hotmail account I...
  6. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Alias Email Not Working in Window 10 Mail

Alias Email Not Working in Window 10 Mail: Hi,I setup alias email successfully in window 10 mail app. Where all email downloaded and new email coming too. After few moments the email account showing error Sign-in then try to fix it but not done. I did all troubleshoot and less secure app etc. but outgoing email not...
  8. Windows Mail Alias

Windows Mail Alias: Hi: How do I set an alias in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 not Outlook or Outlook.com ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-alias/2588e122-9a47-424d-8dac-de311cc267dc
  9. How to create an alias in windows 10 mail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create an alias in windows 10 mail.: How do I create an alias in Windows 10 Mail. I just want to use a different "From" address with my mail. This address forwards to my main email account. It does not have a separate pop account. I was doing this on Mac mail and have just switched to Windows 10. In fact I would...
  10. G Suite Alias in Windows Mail App

G Suite Alias in Windows Mail App: Is there any way to send e-mail from a G Suite alias e-mail address? I have contacted google and they told me to contact Microsoft. It is a business account, and we send ALL e-mail from the alias account. All I can figure out is to set up the primary address, however, that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to show alias in windows 10 mail app