Windows 10: Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random

Discus and support Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Heres my minidumps: Attachment 35760 Specs: i5 4690k @ stock speeds, GTX 980ti @ 1416mhz (Gaming 6G Custom cooler by MSI), 24gb of DDR3 (I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thetonyk123, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random

Heres my minidumps:
    Attachment 35760
    Specs: i5 4690k @ stock speeds, GTX 980ti @ 1416mhz (Gaming 6G Custom cooler by MSI), 24gb of DDR3 (I did a MEMTest on this and it completed fine.
    Peripherals: Steelseries Rival gaming mouse, Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid, Logitech C270 Webcam, Hyper X Cloud 2 headset, Xbox 360 wireless receiver, Dell L100 keyboard
    I'm really not sure what could be causing these crashes. I clean installed Windows 10 on July 29th when it came out. A few days after that it started the random crashing. Ive tried multiple different versions of NVIDIA Drivers including 353.30, 355.60, and beta 355.78. I've also made sure all my chipset and audio drivers are fully up to date, which they are.

:)

thetonyk123, Sep 4, 2015
  2. Shadow.1 Win User

Drivers possibly causing random computer freezes/crashes

Hello,

I have a computer running windows 10 that over the last month has been experiencing seemingly random freezes and sometimes BSOD errors. I believe it is likely related to a driver, and wanted to paste my dump file here from the last crash to see if anyone
    had any ideas.

Dump file:

MEMORY.DMP

Thanks

Shadow.1, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Random BSOD Error During Web Browsing?

Hi Microsoft,

I've had random (one time) experience of a random BSOD with no error involved when I was working on some animation on my computer. I've posted this to share with everyone to see if anyone has had this past experience before and If it is going around or not.
    Back to the story, when it had finished collecting data on the crash, it restarted and immediately started updating (which didn't take long) and went back to the desktop with nothing wrong?!

BSOD Message:

Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random :(

Your Computer has ran into a problem

(No Error Code Which is weird)

Collecting Crash Data (1%)

Reminder, I've only posted this if anyone knows why it crashed or had this in the past Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random :p Everything is okay now and nothing has happened since.

Also, I don't have a screenshot (I'm not even sure if you can do one in BSOD) so don't ask Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random :p

MicrowaveRook, Sep 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random

Hi thetonyk123.

Welcome to the 10forums.
    Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Ok, I have filled out all the forms on the page.

thetonyk123, Sep 4, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  7. Woops, I was reading a guide for this on sevenforums. Here you go.
    Attachment 35952

thetonyk123, Sep 5, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

There have been 2 drivers flagged in the last few dumps

Nvidia Video driver, please check for updates here
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart end module name fffff800`e0e20000 fffff800`e190f000 nvlddmkm (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Aug 22 07:02:38 2015 (55D8026E) CheckSum: 00AA7A0A ImageSize: 00AEF000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Killer LAN, please check for windows 10 compatible updates here
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm e22w10x64start end module name fffff800`e0610000 fffff800`e0631000 e22w10x64 (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e22w10x64.sys Image name: e22w10x64.sys Timestamp: Mon Apr 27 21:36:50 2015 (553E8FD2) CheckSum: 00025B10 ImageSize: 00021000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Killer LAN, please check for windows 10 compatible updates here
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm e22w10x64start end module name fffff800`e0610000 fffff800`e0631000 e22w10x64 (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e22w10x64.sys Image name: e22w10x64.sys Timestamp: Mon Apr 27 21:36:50 2015 (553E8FD2) CheckSum: 00025B10 ImageSize: 00021000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] [/quote] Alright, I have updated those drivers. I hope it solves it.

thetonyk123, Sep 5, 2015
  10. Sadly its been starting up again. I decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 at the end of September and installed all the most up to date drivers. However its still been crashing. I haven't changed out any hardware since when it started happening in August.

thetonyk123, Oct 23, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    The most recent crashes are 0xD1, 0x124, 0x50.
    The 2nd is a difficult one as it usually means hardware damage.
    The other 2 are refering to the graphics, so a clean install of the drivers is necessary, but this time please also perform a stress test on the GPU.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia

Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

12. Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random [​IMG]
    Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high Okay, I used DDU to uninstall my drivers and have reinstalled them. I've been running Furmark now for 30 minutes and so far so good. The temperatures are also fine. I also uninstalled my Realtek audio driver which I installed on October 19th right before the next crash happened on October 21st. (Which is ok because my sound works fine without the drivers)

Also if it helps:
    I know the crash on October 21st at 9:12am happened when booting my PC. It got past the Windows logo, then froze at a black screen and rebooted. The crash on October 23rd happened while listening to music on YouTube and typing in a word document. When it crashes it doesn't show a blue screen, but it freezes and loops the sound that was playing then automatically reboots after about 10 seconds. It mostly seems to crash while not playing a game.

thetonyk123, Oct 23, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

There are a few different situations you could call crashes.
    • A BSOD crash,
    • A system freeze,
    • A reboot or shutdown.

Which of them do you mean?
    In the BSOD section we only help with BSOD crashes, for the other crashes you need to be at another section of the forum.

Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs past

2. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  3. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  4. Multiple different BSOD over a month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple different BSOD over a month: Still running into the same problem from this previous topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-different-bsod-over-two-weeks/e0ae141c-682e-4736-8e2d-20473346b964Since then, I've had even more BSOD with no solution in sight.I've...
  5. Multiple different BSOD over a month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple different BSOD over a month: Still running into the same problem from this previous topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-different-bsod-over-two-weeks/e0ae141c-682e-4736-8e2d-20473346b964Since then, I've had even more BSOD with no solution in sight.I've...
  6. Multiple different BSOD over a month

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months: And they all seem to be from different sources. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very grateful. Is there are way to attach dump files? I can send 2, or 6 if that helps....
  8. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months: And they all seem to be from different sources. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very grateful. Is there are way to attach dump files? I can send 2, or 6 if that helps....
  9. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

10. Multiple BSOD past month

Multiple BSOD past month: Hello, I've made several questions concerning blue screen errors that I have been receiving the past month or 2. The most reoccurring is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have multiple minidump files that I will link here. I received a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error...