Windows 10: Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4)

Discus and support Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While playing fallout 4 and sometimes while not I will get random BSOD with various different messages. I have gotten CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Calvin Snyder, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4)

While playing fallout 4 and sometimes while not I will get random BSOD with various different messages. I have gotten CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT a couple of times, IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SERVICE once, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple times, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION multiple times (this is the one I've gotten outside of fallout),FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE once, and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED once. I have uploaded the files like asked in the posting instructions. The DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION is from an old BSOD problem I had.

:)

Calvin Snyder, Nov 15, 2015

2. Fallout 4 BSOD Windows 10

Hi,

Check with others playing Fallout4 to see if this is a known issue.

Set it to factory specs until it is running right.

It may not help however post the minidump so we can analyze it.

(Heat related does not always mean excessive heat as a component can be too sensitive to even the normal levels of heat.) Check the processor, heat sink, and the compound between them.

Check the fans and even add extra to see if that helps.

Video card along with memory can be in play here.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Fallout 4 BSOD Windows 10

Hi,

Be sure to contact the game's Support and Forums about any known issues as the game could be causing the issue.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire).
    If you have problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

Adding files to your OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-started-onedrive-tutorial

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add-photos-files

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

Share OneDrive files and folders

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump
    Use OneDrive to upload collected files

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

====================================================

Suspect hardware - maybe video or memory however that is not a sure bet.

Remove ALL power then reseat the cards memory and cables (on both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug. Clean out the dust bunnies and clear the vents. Ensure the fans are working. Try adding a small fan blowing into the intake
    to reduce the effects of heat. (Heat related does not always mean excessive heat as a component can be too sensitive to even the normal levels of heat.) Check the processor, heat sink, and the compound between them.

2. Check the memory very thoroughly. Keep in mind that memory tests do not detect all errors such as the tiny speed differences between memory modules that appear to be identical. So it may be necessary to swap the modules in and out in different
    combinations and patterns. (See memory test methods below).

3. Check with your video card/device maker's support and forums - update drivers.

4. In needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods below).

5. As needed use ALL the other methods in the troubleshooter below.

=======================================================

Have you added any hardware lately? Main likely culprits are hardware, major drivers, memory, and antivirus/antispyware/security products could be at fault.

BCCode: 101 0x00000101

BCCode: 101 0x00000101 <-- read this link

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

BCCode: 101 0x00000101 <-- read this link

Bug Check 0x101 CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
    ==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier. (Remember to use the Windows 8/8.1 methods posted at the

top of the original reply above.)

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essemtially the same).

Driver Verifier Manager & Device Manager in Windows

Using Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier

How to use Windows Driver Verifier Manager to Troubleshoot & Identify Driver

Issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwIDD9xngM

Driver Verifier

http://www.techsupportforum.com/2110308-post3.html

Using Driver Verifier

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions/using_driver_verifier.php

You can disable Driver Verifier

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4)

Hi Calvin Snyder,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The 0x124 and 0x12B would mean a memory issue, the 0x124 is usually hardware related and the 0x12B memory.
    Yet, there is also a 0x4A which is usually caused by drivers, but I haven't seen any drivers flagged.

I suggest you run a memory diagnostics and driver verifier in case the memory diagnostics comes clean.
    Also, please check your device drivers for updates.

Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4)

1. Multiple different and same BSOD randomly (Fallout 4) - Similar Threads - Multiple different same

2. Multiple different BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple different BSOD: Hello, So I'm encountering a lot of blue screens, often with different reasons. How it cam to this: A few weeks ago my PC turned very slow, malewarbytes discovered some malware, but the pc stayed slow. Later I found out, that the watercooler wasn't working properly.. I...
  3. Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs with multiple different error messages: Hey lovely people, have this problem for quite a while now and can't seem to pinpoint it: My PC works fine for a day or two and then on the second or third day just crashes randomly, sometimes only once, sometimes multiple times after each other until its tuck in a loop of...
  4. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...
  5. BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4

BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4: Hello , i'v been having constants BSOD everytime im watching videos on youtube or when im trying to start a game, I switched from win 7 to win 10 , so i though it was some old driver. I updated every single driver yet nothing I checked if there as a problem with the disk...
  6. BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4

BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4: Hi, I just recently built a new pc to replace my existing one. All programs I have ran seem fine, however when I go to play Fallout 4 it goes to blue screen with 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay or just idling in game. I have reinstalled the video card drivers. I have reinstalled...
  7. BSOD started when playing Fallout 4

BSOD started when playing Fallout 4: Attachment 48342 The first BSOD was while playing fallout 4. After it happened a 2nd time i ran driver verifier /standard /all. This sent the machine into a boot loop. I disabled driver verifier. My PC seems to run fine under normal conditions, but this is worrying. The...
  8. Regular BSoDs while playing Fallout 4.

Regular BSoDs while playing Fallout 4.: Hi there, I'm experiencing random bsods while playing Fallout 4, I tried searching on Fallout 4 forums etc but couldn't find anything relevant to my problems. I tried checking what could be the cause with WhoCrashed but it hasn't really given me any useful information...
  9. 0x00000119 BSOD only in Fallout 4.

0x00000119 BSOD only in Fallout 4.: Hello, i have recently been getting the most inexplicable error when playing Fallout 4. For whatever reason sometimes when i am playing it my game will have a suddenly huge spike in fps, dropping from 60 to 5-10, and the audio will distort terribly. If i alt tab and wait a...
  10. Encountering random game crashes and multiple different BSOD

Encountering random game crashes and multiple different BSOD: I have been encountering random game crashes and different BSOD messages for the past month at a high rate. This mainly happens when playing 'Smite' but happens frequently with other games and sometimes when browsing on Chrome. Attachment 45120 27973