Windows 10: Multitasking Settings Registry keys

Discus and support Multitasking Settings Registry keys in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all, I am creating a heap of reg files for personal use so that when i format in the future, i can run a script to set windows 10 just how i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by serpentxx, Jul 31, 2015.

1. serpentxx Win User

Multitasking Settings Registry keys

Hey all,

I am creating a heap of reg files for personal use so that when i format in the future, i can run a script to set windows 10 just how i want.

I am having an issue finding any registry key linked to the following option

System - Multitasking - "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it"

It is a pretty annoying feature to be honest, If anyone knows what its dword is in registry id love to know.

Also is it possible to completely disable virtual desktop, its another feature I don't need since I have dual monitors

Cheers

:)

serpentxx, Jul 31, 2015
  2. sudude Win User

Need New S40 Series Phone With Wifi, GPS and 3G

The latest S40 models have included more and more multitasking features (still no multitasking key though).

sudude, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 windows

In case, if you cannot find Multitasking in Settings, here is a clear location of the Multitasking Settings. You need to go to:

Settings>System>Multitasking

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. serpentxx Win User
    Thanks for the reply Brink.

That was definitely the registry key!

I do have other questions, not sure if i should create a new thread, so i will just post them here.

- Can you disable virtual desktops?

- Can I (Through Regedit or cmd) unpin all items from the start menu, and resize it to a specific width/height

- I understand how to remove all metro apps using powershell's package manager, but how can i re-add ones such as the app store, is there a list somewhere with the package names? or has someone hacked up a GUI tool to manage the apps?
    EDIT Turns out you can display all apps with this Powershell command
    Get-AppxPackage | Select Name,PackageFullName

- I know part of disabling telemetry is to use this cmd command
    cacls.exe "%programdata%\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl" /d SYSTEM
    How can i use piping to have it automatically say yes?
    Or should i be using icacls for this?

serpentxx, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not sure about those yet.

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  7. serpentxx Win User
    I will have a look tonight about the unpinning etc.

I will run a program to snapshot the registry and watch for any changes while i fiddle with the start menu, see what comes up.

serpentxx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Multitasking Settings Registry keys - Similar Threads - Multitasking Settings Registry

2. multitasking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multitasking: I have just changed desktops and transferred all programs and data, outlook, plus windows 10 office etc. I used multitasking a lot, including having multiple attachments open at the same time. This facility has disappeared. What do I have to do to recover this useful...
  3. multitasking

in Windows 10 Customization
    multitasking: Quando accedo a multitasking vedo tutto ad eccezione di Microsoft news che pima si apre[ATTACH] per 1 secondo poi si chiude mostrando sull'icona di Micro.. News un rettangolo con su scritto "We're sorry, this cardcouldn't be displayed ". Ripeto solo e soltanto per ciò...
  4. multitasking

multitasking: Hello, When I try multitasking most often with applications such as: File explorer, google chrome and Notepad ++ the computer screen starts to blink .. the computer becomes useless at the moment ... please help me...
  5. Multitasking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multitasking: Is there a way to keep side by side windows active at the same time?[ATTACH] like in this photo, one window is active but other is paused. when i see ads the timer of it is paused and when i click window it starts. i hope you understand my question. how to keep both windows...
  6. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  7. Set two keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set two keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 2 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off thanks in advance for any...
  8. Set three keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set three keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 3 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off c) button " My device...
  9. Multitasking

Multitasking: Device: Lenovo ideacentre AIO 510S All-in-one Touchscreen PC Manufacturer part no: F0C3001RUK This is actually more about the mouse [2.4G wireless ZTM600 mouse, silver] than anything. The scroll bar on this mouse is like a touchpad and its a tiny bit problematic. On my...
  10. Please Set Registry Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please Set Registry Key: I am trying to open a disk sent by my doctor of xray images. However, every time I open the program this error occurs "please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft.NetFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location How do I change the Key?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable multitasking windows 10 registry

2. multitasking settings

3. only 4g registery key for Windows Phone

4. registry key multitasking settings