Windows 10: Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP

Discus and support Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have had random recurring BSODs for the past year and a half with a new build. It started with Windows 8.1 and has continued with Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mco, Jun 28, 2016.

1. MCO
    mco Win User

Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP

Hello, I have had random recurring BSODs for the past year and a half with a new build. It started with Windows 8.1 and has continued with Windows 10. The BSOD's always occur on wake from sleep, but not every time. The problem occurs with or without the video card. I have replaced memory and tested it with Memtest86 for 24+ hours with no errors, RMA's the motherboard for a replacement and replaced the power supply. I still get the BSODs. I have done several clean installs and have been unable to fix the problem. I am thinking it might be the CPU, but testing with Intel tools shows no problems.

GA-Z97X-UD5H
    i5-4590
    Crucial Ballistix 1600 16g
    GTX-750
    EVGA 550 G2
    4 WD RE 500g drives
    2 monitors HDMI connected
    I have attached serveral mini-dumps with hope that someone can point me in the right direction to fix this problem.

:)

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Jun 28, 2016
  3. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

I am also experiencing BSOD on wake. I tried a clean boot and it made no difference, still experiencing the BSOD on wake from sleep. The only solution that I found was to not allow sleep mode, however, this is not a fix. I have re-installed Windows 7 and will
    try again in a few more months as this is completely unacceptable.

noslenwerdna, Jun 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. MCO
    mco Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Here are are the attached files. The event logs have been cleared several times. So not all info from them are available.

6. axe0 New Member
    Given your circumstances I would like to go by this on a different way than I usually would, the dump does not show any drivers and with a 0x50 the standard thing would be to run MemTest86+ & driver verifier after MemTest86+ if the test does not show errors.

What I would want you to do is the following,
    1. Remove Kaspersky on a temporary base and use Windows Defender as alternative. I did not find anything that indicates Kaspersky as an issue, but I do want to ensure it won't cause any problems with the troubleshooting.
    Service articles

2. Test your hard drives, all hard drives and partitions need to be scanned for any signs possible, we can do this by running a few different tests.

Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.
    Code: 3: kd> k # Child-SP RetAddr Call Site 00 ffffd000`22c7d258 fffff800`d9be75c1 nt!KeBugCheckEx 01 ffffd000`22c7d260 fffff800`d9ae3621 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1e3c1 02 ffffd000`22c7d350 fffff800`d9bc3abc nt!MmAccessFault+0x5f1 03 ffffd000`22c7d4b0 fffff800`d9f49da9 nt!KiPageFault+0x13c 04 ffffd000`22c7d640 fffff800`b3e1efb1 nt!RtlUpcaseUnicodeString+0x59 05 ffffd000`22c7d680 fffff800`b3e1ed37 fileinfo!FIStreamLogForNL+0x1b1 06 ffffd000`22c7d760 fffff800`b3e1b1f5 fileinfo!FIIterate+0x2a7 07 ffffd000`22c7d810 fffff800`d9e7a852 fileinfo!FIControlDispatch+0xf5 08 ffffd000`22c7d850 fffff800`d9e796e6 nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x1162 09 ffffd000`22c7da20 fffff800`d9bc50a3 nt!NtDeviceIoControlFile+0x56 0a ffffd000`22c7da90 00007ffb`224951c4 nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13 0b 00000071`8dafe038 00000000`00000000 0x00007ffb`224951c4[/quote]

7. MCO
    mco Win User
    Thank you for the suggestions. I neglected to mention in my initial post that I have run tests on all of my HDDs. However, I am not able to run SeaTools DOS. Every attempt ends with a software hang and I am required to reset the system. All of my clean installs have been by wiping all HDD's with clean /all. Then I have tested them with Western Digital Data Lifeguard DOS version with no errors.
    I have attached the latest passes of WD Data Lifeguard tool (windows version) and include the latest chkdsk events. I have not yet run HDTune.
    Since this only occurs on wake from sleep, and it has happened without the video card I am going to test if the HDMI cables/driver(audio) is somehow the cause. I will be replacing the HDMI cables with DVI and see if the problem continues.
    Testing the CPU has been done and it has passed. Prime95 and Intel tools were used for testing.

8. axe0 New Member

What command did you run with chkdsk?

axe0, Jul 1, 2016
  9. MCO
    mco Win User
    Hello axe0,
    I used the windows chkdsk option. No flags are used with that option. Cmd prompt with chkdsk /f also resulted in no issues. C: drive was done off-line with no errors. I have attached the HDTune results for all 4 of the drives.
    I have not yet changed the HDMI to DVI but will do so this weekend.

10. axe0 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is or is not corruption, but per the log it is within Windows executed and I would like to ensure that there is really no problem *Smile
    Code: " Information 6/30/2016 9:45:21 PM Chkdsk 26226 None "Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on C: Examining 2 corruption records ... Record 1 of 2: Corrupt File ""\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\MMCFxCommon <0x1,0x685>"" ... no corruption found. Record 2 of 2: Corrupt File ""\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..nvservice.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_en-us_a377dd7cae7f83e7\sessenv.dll.mui <0x1,0x1006c>"" ... no corruption found. 2 corruption records processed in 0.1 seconds.[/quote] I would ask that you run the chkdsk command with parameter /r on the C: partition
    Code: chkdsk C: /r[/quote] It requires an unmounted partition so you would need to reboot, it may take some time but please do not interrupt if it looks stuck or hanging. It will complete.

11. MCO
    mco Win User
    I have run chkdsk C: /f as you requested and did not find any errors. The BSODs are showing up about 2 days after a reboot. I haven't had one since we started testing the HDDs. I will switch out the HDMI cables next week for testing the HDMI audio. I would appreciate any other suggestions you might have.

12. Ztruker Win User
    I believe axe0 asked you to run chkdsk c: /r, not /f. /r takes a lot longer to run but does a much more thorough job of check the partition.

Ztruker, Jul 3, 2016
  13. MCO
    mco Win User

You are correct. Typo on my part. I ran chkdsk c: /r without any errors.

14. axe0 New Member
  15. MCO
    mco Win User
    Here are the chkdsk c: /r results as you requested.*Smile

Thema:

1. Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP - Similar Threads - Multple BSODs WAKE

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  5. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  6. Random BSOD multple bughecks

Random BSOD multple bughecks: Please help. And all help is appreciated. Long story short, this is a new build with Windows 10 1709. All updated, drivers, software, bios should all be latest. First posted at Microsoft forums and no replies yet...
  7. BSOD on wake up from sleep

BSOD on wake up from sleep: After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where? 87589
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...