Windows 10: Music folders have white borders....

Discus and support Music folders have white borders.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909 upgraded from 7 Pro I was wondering does anybody have an answer or fix for the issue I have with tons of my music folders having a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocknrollpimp, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Music folders have white borders....

Windows 10 Pro 1909 upgraded from 7 Pro
    I was wondering does anybody have an answer or fix for the issue I have with tons of my music folders having a white border after the upgrade
    It is only with the ones that seem to have a "hidden" folder
    Screenshot included
    thanks

Music folders have white borders.... [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

how in the world did all those jpg folders get hidden anyway?
    and how do we "unhide" them i tried folder settings
    no good

:)

rocknrollpimp, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Markbo66 Win User

White Borders To Album Artwork Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this procedure but it has had no effect at all so the problem persists.

Since asking the original question I have downloaded some albums from amazon and added these to the Music folder and the white border has appeared on those albums as well so it would appear it is only artwork added by WMP which is not affected.

Markbo66, Feb 2, 2020
  3. White border

My photo has a narrow white border around 3 sides and then a wide white one
    (about one inch) the fourth side. How do I remove the borders? I don't want the borders to show when I print them.

[Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

SusanNeighbors, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Music folders have white borders....

White Borders To Album Artwork Windows 10

After a lot of research and trial & error, I discovered the problem is that Windows 10 doesn't like folder files that are smaller than 250x250 pixels. If it's smaller than that, you'll see the white borders. The odd thing is if it's 249x250 or some other
    weird combo without equal sides, you won't see white borders, but I digress.

During the update to Windows 10 the music folders use the folder files that are generated from WMP. To see these files, in File Explorer, click on "View", click on "Options", click on "Change folder and search options", click on the "View" tab, select "Show
    hidden files, folders, and drives" AND uncheck the box for "Hide protected operating system files".

Now here's the rub. It's going to take A LOT of work to fix, but if you have OCD like me, it's worth the effort to get rid of those annoying white borders.

Delete all of the WMP (or other tag editor) folder files that are smaller than 250x250 pixels. Save one of them to resize to 250x250 pixels in Paint or some other program.

Once that's completed, you want to clear and reset the thumbnail cache. I used Option 2 here: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

Go back to File Explorer to stop hiding the system files.

Now the most important step is you want to turn off WMP or all of your work will be in vain because WMP will auto generate folder files again creating white borders again.

To do that, open WMP, click on "Organize", under "Manage Libraries", click on "Music". Highlight your "Music" folder and click on "Remove".

The lesson: WMP sucks & Windows 10 folder file options suck.

Ricksticks, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Music folders have white borders....

1. Music folders have white borders.... - Similar Threads - Music folders white

2. White shady border around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White shady border around laptop screen: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop recently. Whenever I turn on my pc from sleep, hibernate, or restart, the screen remains black but the pc is on and working. I know this since the keyboard and power button is lit, and whenever I press the shift key multiple times,...
  3. Borders for open folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    Borders for open folders.: I sometimes have several open folders on the desktop. It can be confusing since there are no borders to indicate where the edge of an overlap is. I there any way to add borders to open folders? Or colour its background? 140614
  4. White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Border on Left of Desktop Screen: A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything that i open on my my desktop. Please see screanshots for clearance. [IMG]...
  5. Help me devs! I have white border on my screen!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me devs! I have white border on my screen!: I have problems as shown in the pictures. Please help me. :D Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-devs-i-have-white-border-on-my-screen/4107d48f-c43a-47c1-a28a-e618b8aa477e
  6. White border on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White border on desktop icons: [img] Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search. How can I get rid of the border? 124992
  7. White border around battery and sound on the bar

White border around battery and sound on the bar: [ATTACH] Once i click on the black box the white border disappears. it's not a huge problem, but it's really annoying. I've tried restarting, it doesn't help....
  8. How do I remove this white border?

How do I remove this white border?: After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, I have noticed that there is now a selection box or white border around some of the ShellExperienceHost applications (the time/date, wi-fi and volume.), is there anyway to get rid of it? I have attached some screenshots...
  9. Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.

Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.: If I choose the Windows theme from Windows Default Themes or Windows Installed Themes, I get a think border on windows, but it's transparent. I got the aerolite and aerolite (white-text) themes from Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. Both of these...
  10. Music and Pictures 'System Folders' have become linked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and Pictures 'System Folders' have become linked: The music and pictures system folders, that appear in 'this PC', have become linked somehow. The two folders that these link to are on a separate hard drive and so after installing windows, I right clicked>Properties>Location>move>location on other drive. This worked...