Windows 10: My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart

Discus and support My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rajesh12, Mar 1, 2017.

1. rajesh12 Win User

My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart

My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like
    1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set to 1)
    2. Set User Access Control settings to lowest level

When i do this settings, my application which is in start up folder, application runs when machine restarts every time.. But this setting inhibit the operation of some MS programs like MS-Edge, Photo-Viewer, Skype Video etc. Resetting to default "1" and restart PC would resolved it. We need to look for better solution to this "security measure" by later Windows version.. Please guide me with better solution

:)

rajesh12, Mar 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 Autostart Application Problem (My Application which is in Start up folder is not running after machine restart)

Let me put up my problem :

1. My team has developed a windows (C# WPF) application. This application requires elevated privileges to execute. (right click on app --> "Run as administrator" even for an administrator user). This application need to run at startup occasionally (depending
    on user preferences).

2. When user selects to run the application on windows startup, the application creates its shortcut in the "startup folder" of the windows.

3. As this application needs administrative privileges to start running, we have made the setting as - We made the "User Access Control" Settings to Lowest level i.e. Never Notify.

Problem : With this UAC settings my application startup automatically whenever configured to start, at boot on windows 7. For windows 10 (I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 Pro recently) these settings do not help. The only way to get it work go
    to start up folder manually and right click on my application shortcut and say "Run as administrator".

So we want to get it work same as windows 7 and 8.1. What are the new settings for windows 10 to get our application (which is in Start Up Folder) starts automatically after restarting the windows machine?

Rajesh Ramtere, Mar 1, 2017
  3. "My Office" item is duplicated in StartUp Menu; which folder does list the built-in apps?

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your issue on duplicate apps in Start menu, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?

To determine the version and OS build number of your Windows, type winver in the search bar of Start menu.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 1, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

Hello rajish12,

Try this out and see if it helps:

If you want to start a particular file or application while booting Windows, please paste the executable file in the location below:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    (NOTE: The “AppData” folder is a hidden folder. To see it, you will have to enable the “Show Hidden Files and Folders” option in the view menu of Windows Explorer)

Note: “C: is the location where Windows is installed” and it may differ if the Windows OS is installed on a different drive.

When I did the above, I did not have to adjust any settings on my Win 10 Pro computer to get the program to start when Windows booted.

telepro21, Mar 1, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Rajesh, *Smile

You do not want to disable UAC be modifying EnableLUA to 0. Doing so will cause issues in Windows 10.

By default, Windows will not run an elevated program at startup for security reasons.

To workaround this, you could use the method in the tutorial below to create an elevated task, create a shortcut to run the elevated task, and place this shortcut in your Startup folder.

Elevated Shortcut without UAC - Create in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart - Similar Threads - application Startup folder

2. Which is folder that is a Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is folder that is a Startup?: I want to add WordWeb.exe to taskbar. System tray icons?Martin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-folder-that-is-a-startup/8a1344ef-4e79-4634-bf60-74ea4b39d104
  3. Which is folder that is a Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is folder that is a Startup?: I want to add WordWeb.exe to taskbar.Martin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-folder-that-is-a-startup/8a1344ef-4e79-4634-bf60-74ea4b39d104
  4. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  5. How to customise which applications open after starting up and in which location the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to customise which applications open after starting up and in which location the...: When i start my work pc, i always have to start Outlook, open a separate email, calendar and task screen (= 3 Outlook windows of the Outlook programme), and 4 Windows explorer windows and one Chrome window. I use two computerscreens, and i always have a certain place on those...
  6. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile: Hi , I have a simple batch file which sync the time for me when I log on to my system, I put the shortcut of that batch file in my user profile startup path with"shell:startup" run box command. I have enable the check box in the properties of the shortcut file to run as...
  8. Startup applications sometimes won't start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup applications sometimes won't start: Hello, I'm having a weird issue with startup applications. There are some apps PreMiD, Discord and PicPick that constantly disappear from my startup apps list. I don't know why but every now and then this happens. Help? Is this something related to corrupted registry files?...
  9. Auto start applications on safe mode startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto start applications on safe mode startup: Can a 3rd party program be set up to auto start when Windows is booted into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-start-applications-on-safe-mode-startup/804fb972-18b5-450c-90f7-152083076d91
  10. My Application which is in Start up folder is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Application which is in Start up folder is not running: My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set...