Windows 10: My Computer Converses with the Internet without my authority

Discus and support My Computer Converses with the Internet without my authority in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The two Internet and Wi-Fi lights on my modem flicker for 30 seconds during startup, and intermittently during every session even when I am not using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stevekir, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

My Computer Converses with the Internet without my authority

The two Internet and Wi-Fi lights on my modem flicker for 30 seconds during startup, and intermittently during every session even when I am not using the keyboard or mouse. This activity seems much more than my email program (Mailbird) needs (I get only a few messages per day and seldom get an attachment).

So why all this activity please? Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Mar 17, 2017

2. Deleting Conversations But Not Text, N8

Hi, ive had my nokia N8 for a month now and i have been deleting my conversations without knowing that by deleting a conversation also deletes the messages in my inbox.

So how do i delete a conversation without actually deleting the inbox text? i like to save my text and import them to my computer. Help is appreciated

theycallmeeyou, Mar 17, 2017
  3. ALRnca Win User
    Changing Authorized User

My in laws recently gave us their computer. Their man account is the authorized user, I added my hotmail account as a user. My email app is not updating when I attempted to troubleshoot isn't did not allow me to sync. I then also thought to change my account
    to the authorized user. How can I change my account to the authorized user and delete their account from thus computer?

They use the same msn account on their new computer. If I do a factory restart will they lose anything on their new computer accounted? Anything I have done from my hotmail user account will that be there? Can I do the factory reset without any discs associated
    with the computer and not lose anything that is on the computer (internet explorer, windows 10 etc...)

What at is the easiest way to do this?

ALRnca, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

If all programs are closed you will still get some "polling" of your Internet connection, only way to stop it is to unplug the Ethernet cable to the Modem or Router or turn off the Wi-Fi if that is what is in use. Or turn off the Modem or Router.

Berton, Mar 17, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Lots of things. Have you turned off all the live tiles on your Start menu? If not, you have give them implicit authority to check the internet at start up - the Weather and News tiles, for example.

What Apps have you allowed to run in the background? By default it's all of them.
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps

Then there's Windows Update that automatically checks for updates, which includes automatically updating Defender definitions.

6. marsmimar Win User
    marsmimar, Mar 17, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    It also may not mean "Converses with the internet" but with other network device like modem or router. Specially so with WiFi connection. Just like mobile phones it needs to stay in touch and tell it that it's still "alive" and ready to work with it.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2017
  8. Stevekir Win User

My Task Manager shows how much is running in the background, so its not surprising that many keep in touch with the Internet (as others have said).

Thanks for the explanations.

Stevekir, Mar 17, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    Task manager shows network, not necessarily internet, Even if you turn internet off in the router, it will still show some traffic.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2017
  10. EliteData Win User
    download wireshark and find out what queries are being sent/received over your network.

EliteData, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Computer Converses with the Internet without my authority - Similar Threads - Computer Converses Internet

2. Microsoft charged my account for $15.81 without my authorization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft charged my account for $15.81 without my authorization: My account was charged 15.81 while I was sleeping at 9:pm I did not authorize this transaction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-charged-my-account-for-1581-without-my/26641d6c-ea94-43b7-b911-b982197b2a0e
  3. Microsoft charged my account for $15.81 without my authorization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft charged my account for $15.81 without my authorization: My account was charged 15.81 while I was sleeping at 9:pm I did not authorize this transaction. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-charged-my-account-for-1581-without-my/26641d6c-ea94-43b7-b911-b982197b2a0e
  4. Can't use computer without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use computer without internet: Freshly installed OS; recently moved to a new app and I dont have internet access yet; when i try to login it says 'You'll need internet connection for this'. I want to access my OS and files and keep writing my graduation thesis. I tried holding shift and restarting and...
  5. Cannot log into my computer without internet access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into my computer without internet access: So, I was having an issue with email and the MS tech suggested a download, but after downloading it, I lost internet access. When I start my computer, I get to the login screen it asks for my password, and after I enter it I get a reply that it is incorrect. I know the...
  6. Microsoft took 82.95 out of my chequing account without my authorization. In addition,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft took 82.95 out of my chequing account without my authorization. In addition,...: Microsoft took 82.95 out of my chequing account without my authorization. In addition, this caused NSF and myself owing a total of 333.00 to an insurance company. Please tell me how you are going to rectify this! Who do I contact, because I BET you won't take of YOUR ERROR ON...
  7. money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission: Dear Sir or Madam, Money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission. When I purchased this new computer a few weeks ago, Microsoft allowed for a "Free Trial Period of Office 365". Not once in the agreement did it say that money would be taken from...
  8. Desktop background changing without my authorization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop background changing without my authorization?: I’m running a virus scan but haven’t found anything. The other day it happened and changed to the main windows theme. Figured it was just a fluke and changed it back. This morning I turned it on and the image was switched to a Star Wars background. As well, my task bar is...
  9. Windows 10 will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet.: Windows will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet. If internet is down I cant use my computer. How to fix this windows major flaw?? * Moved from IE11/Win 10 * Original title: windows 11 will not allow me to log on to my compter without internet....
  10. Avast Software showed up on my computer without authorization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avast Software showed up on my computer without authorization: Looks like it was installed on July 13, 2019. I never authorized it. Some people are saying it has something to do with CCleaner which is not something I have either. Others are saying it came with a Microsoft update. Trying to get to the bottom of it....