Windows 10: My Computer Slows Down at The Welcome Screen After I Stopped a Command Prompt Popup

Discus and support My Computer Slows Down at The Welcome Screen After I Stopped a Command Prompt Popup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I had the displeasure of removing one of my Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 690 external graphics card. I encountered bright, single colored screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenPlunkett, Jun 22, 2019.

1. My Computer Slows Down at The Welcome Screen After I Stopped a Command Prompt Popup

Yesterday I had the displeasure of removing one of my Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 690 external graphics card. I encountered bright, single colored screens until I changed the remaining card to Nvidia's single-use software settings. Windows was harder to fix. Thermaltake PSU software messages popped up every time I signed in. I thoroughly eliminated Thermaltake software from my computer. Surprisingly, my computer, formerly resting at The Windows welcome screen for five seconds now takes two minutes. I've tried running every DISM and Chkdsk command in safe mode, SFC/Scannow too. I've tried numerous clean boots. I' ve automated The Welcome screen with NETPLWIZ commands. The problem persists.

:)

StephenPlunkett, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 22, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

My Computer Slows Down at The Welcome Screen After I Stopped a Command Prompt Popup

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

My Computer Slows Down at The Welcome Screen After I Stopped a Command Prompt Popup

1. My Computer Slows Down at The Welcome Screen After I Stopped a Command Prompt Popup - Similar Threads - Computer Slows Down

2. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  3. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  4. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I hosed my Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hosed my Command Prompt: Hi, I was messing around with the color scheme, font size, etc., on the command prompt, and I managed to hose it big time. The screen appears to come up blank. I right click the top bar, and try to change the text color, but it keeps setting it back to black. I have gone...
  6. popup stop screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    popup stop screen: screen locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup-stop-screen/94a4ddc4-4a6d-46e8-aeda-6fa07523b9db
  7. command prompt flashing on this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    command prompt flashing on this computer.: a few weeks ago I clicked an adobe reader update. almost immediately thereafter, command prompt flashing began on this computer and I have found no simple way to stop it. please provide a series of steps that might allow me to eliminate this problem....
  8. Computer slows down after use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down after use.: Hello. I have a problem. After a week or two, there was a Windows 10 update and I update it. After some use my computer is acting weird. I use it for 1-2h and it starts lagging and I cant do nothing unless I restart my computer. The older Windows 10 wasnt lagging at all. I...
  9. Command Prompt gets welcome improvements in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt gets welcome improvements in Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows announcement is underway and Windows 10 is being unveiled. Out of some of the more exciting features unveiled, Microsoft proceeded to demo a feature that doesn’t usually get any attention during events like these; the good ‘ol Windows Command Prompt!...
  10. Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help: Since a couple of weeks now i have the command prompt popping up every hour or two. It's just a flicker, gone so fast that i cannot read what is causing the popup (the prompt seems empty btw). I looked in Task Scheduler but there are no tasks shown that did run in the last...