Windows 10: My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything.

Discus and support My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything. in Cortana to solve the problem; Out of nowhere Cortana turned black and because the text is black I can barely read my searches. The person who formally held my position was very... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PaulMajor2, May 29, 2019.

1. My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything.

Out of nowhere Cortana turned black and because the text is black I can barely read my searches. The person who formally held my position was very disorganized with files so often this is the only way to find them.

I have tried:

-re-starting computer

-changing color settings

-switching to dark setting

-changing location to somewhere cortana is not available, logging off then back on, switching back to US

:)

PaulMajor2, May 29, 2019

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 29, 2019
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything. [​IMG]

Try0x101, May 29, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything.

dalchina, May 29, 2019
Thema:

My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything.

1. My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything. - Similar Threads - Cortana search turned

2. Cortana can't do anything

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  3. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  4. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  6. Can't turn Cortana on

in Cortana
    Can't turn Cortana on: How can I turn Cortana on in W10 - I get "Sorry but Cortana is not available in English Australia at this time" And no 3 dots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-cortana-on/623af38d-8c66-4b89-b36a-cdce40d66e4c
  7. Turned HDR on and now I get no signal on monitor and I can't see anything to turn HDR off....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned HDR on and now I get no signal on monitor and I can't see anything to turn HDR off....: I have an Acer 1080p 144hz monitor that's connected to my PC with an HDMI cable and in Windows 10 display settings I enabled HDR and my monitor just went black and then said No Signal. I manually restarted my PC and still No Signal, presumably because HDR is still on. I can...
  8. My PC screen turns black and can't do anything?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My PC screen turns black and can't do anything?: When I play a game like CS-GO, I get a still image and then the screen goes black. The PC is still running, but can't do anything. CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 GPU: AMD RX 570 Mein PC Bildschirm wird schwarz und kann nichts mehr machen?
  9. The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says

in Windows 10 Customization
    The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says: My search bar works fine but when the results show up it's black so I can't see what the options are. Please help me fix it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-cortana-search-results-turned-black-and-i-cant/50bb2572-08ba-4b83-8454-8ea00a7edd8a
  10. I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 PRO - I disabled Cortana in Group Policy Editor, which according to Microsoft, only disables Cortana, not the entire search feature. Unfortunately, on this laptop, if Cortana is disabled, then I can no longer type in the search bar....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant see anything on my searches