Windows 10: My Feed & Top Sites

Discus and support My Feed & Top Sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a registry hack to stop ‘My Feed’ from running in Edge; also to login without having to use a password or pin. This is my personal computer &... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldyeller38, Sep 2, 2017.

1. My Feed & Top Sites

Is there a registry hack to stop ‘My Feed’ from running in Edge; also to login without having to use a password or pin. This is my personal computer & no one else uses it. Don’t like the login feature when I’m the only user.
    I noticed after the last updates there were many strange little discrepancies in several programs. I did a recovery after saving all my personal stuff on an external HD today, but can’t get to ‘Top Sites’ to show after following the instructions, which I already knew. All I get is My Feeds which I care nothing for.

:)

oldyeller38, Sep 2, 2017
  2. llynne Win User

How To hide news feed and home page settings

funny, when I went back to my home page the whole top sites had filled in and above the news feed was the hide my newsfeed button which was missing before. I tried the 'new tabs = blank page' thing and I got the search pane and grey writing for the top sites
    and news.... not a purely blank page like in explorer

llynne, Sep 2, 2017
  3. Old avatar still showing up on New Tab of Microsoft Edge

I changed my avatar yesterday, but my old avatar is still showing up under New Tab of Microsoft Edge.

However, when I show my top sites and feed, the new avatar is there.

Why is that?

ILoveWhoseLine, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

My Feed & Top Sites

Tony K, Sep 2, 2017
  5. HippsieGypsie; about 30 minutes ago I get a message that MS had done some kind of update & now Top Sites is back. Thanks for your reply; by the way really like your avatar or whatever they are called: reference to Romans, great book!

oldyeller38, Sep 2, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome, @oldyeller38. I hope I helped a little. And thank you for your kind comments. Yes, they are called avatars. I like yours as well. Is that the Good Book you're reading there? The reference in my signature is to remind me. *Smile

Wasn't altogether sure what it was you were looking for. Did that satisfy your need about Edge? Is that what you meant about sign-in or was it something else?

I see you're in IL. I'm in the McHenry County area. What parts do you live if I may ask?

Tony K, Sep 2, 2017
  7. HippsieGypsie, I had tied the above, but still would not work. Shortly after I made the post, MS did their updates on my machine & seems everything is back to normal. I'm slowly getting things back to normal for me. In answer to your question, yes it is my Bible. I use a free Bible program called eSword now. Due to vision issues, my monitor is my 32" TV connected via HDMI so I can blow up the fonts & read from a good distance from screen. I find it a great Bible study app & can't beat the price.
    You ask where I live in Ill; I live in a small town (Tallula) about 4-5 miles S.W. of Lincoln's New Salem State Park. Menard County.
    Again thanks for advice.

oldyeller38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My Feed & Top Sites

1. My Feed & Top Sites - Similar Threads - Feed Top Sites

2. my printer will not scan from the top feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer will not scan from the top feed: I am trying to scan a multi page document to me computer, but it is only scanning from the flat feed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-scan-from-the-top-feed/67fbef49-900f-4c0f-b9ba-d49f2ebb5f3b
  3. my printer will not scan from the top feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer will not scan from the top feed: I am trying to scan a multi page document to me computer, but it is only scanning from the flat feed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-scan-from-the-top-feed/67fbef49-900f-4c0f-b9ba-d49f2ebb5f3b
  4. my printer will not scan from the top feed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Top Sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top Sites: all top site boxes filled. want to add more. how do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-sites/b99d4034-5f36-45f7-b65c-0d31c7df0eaa
  6. New tab and top sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New tab and top sites: My computer updated today and now the top sites do not show up when I open a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-tab-and-top-sites/b69d074d-be84-4cf4-a049-babc3a268532
  7. color is gone from my top sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    color is gone from my top sites: I have about 9 top sites across my opening page , they were all colored with their logos now nothing, what can I do to get the color back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-is-gone-from-my-top-sites/47caff61-ae0a-4679-a507-d52d4a96004e
  8. Google will NEVER be found in my 'Top Sites'?

in Browsers and Email
    Google will NEVER be found in my 'Top Sites'?: Hello, I set my Edge browser to display a list of my most visited sites. 'Top Sites'. I used Google several times a day from day 1 yet it has never appeared on my top sites list. I have a single row of 8 top sites. Lots of empty space below and above. Any chance...
  9. How do I edit my top sites..

in Browsers and Email
    How do I edit my top sites..: How do I edit my top sites on Microsoft edge browser, add more or remove unwanted sites from my "Top Sites" ? Please look at attached image of my Browser to get a better understanding of what I am saying. Thanks 20182
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...