My First Impression

Discus and support My First Impression in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pricetech, Nov 16, 2014.

1. pricetech Win User

My First Impression

NNOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ??

Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm back to two clicks (at least) to open a program. I'm an old man. I feel overworked when I have to click more than once.

I want my Start Screen back, dog gone it.

Other than that, I'll reserve judgment / rants / opinions for down the road when I've had a chance to torture test it a bit.

(sigh)

:)

pricetech, Nov 16, 2014
  2. bradbury---01 Win User

N97 - my first impressions

Yes, it does come with a stylus. Although, it's not built into the phone, so she'll have to drag it with her unless she can get by with using her nails or something else.

bradbury---01, Nov 16, 2014
  3. hybridtheory---01 Win User
    N97 - my first impressions

Hi

My g/f is based in the UK, do the UK models come with a stylus? Seems rather bizare they will supply some countries with a stylus but not others. Do they think some countries are not capable of using a stylus lol?

Baz

hybridtheory---01, Nov 16, 2014
  4. paulsalter Win User

My First Impression

paulsalter, Nov 16, 2014
  5. pricetech Win User
    Well, I guess I just yelled "calf rope" too soon. I should have done a search of Brink's tutorials before I complained.

Thanks Brink !!! and Thanks Paul for bringing it to my attention.

pricetech, Nov 16, 2014
  6. paulsalter Win User
    Hope it works ok, be interested in your thoughts as another start screen user

paulsalter, Nov 16, 2014
  7. Tony K Win User
    Welcome to Windows TenForums, Pricetech. It’s good to have you aboard. *Smile

I can see by your humor that we’re going to have some fun. *Biggrin

Tony K, Nov 16, 2014
  8. pricetech Win User

My First Impression

Might as well have fun. I can't spend all of my time playing with my grandkids, so I have to find some distractions while I'm at work. At least this kind of distraction I can justify since I'm testing a new OS.

Joe

pricetech, Nov 17, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    *Thumbs

Tony K, Nov 17, 2014
  10. lehnerus2000 Win User
    I assume that you unaware that these current previews are biased towards desktop users.

The touchscreen changes are supposed to be coming in another preview.

Why not pin the Apps and Programs you want to use to the mini Start Screen window?
    Right click on the App and/or Program and choose the "Pin to Start" option.

[​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2014
  11. pricetech Win User
    Yeah, I'm doing that this time. Just installed on my laptop so I can carry it with me. Giving the "mini" start screen a try.

pricetech, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My First Impression

My First Impression - Similar Threads - Impression

1. Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive: In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much for being an inbox app for Windows 10. 1. Really don't like that it now has general ads. That's a huge turn-off. 2. It...
  2. Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.: Having sold the guts of my old PC to help pay to create a new one, I must say I'm pretty impressed at how Windows 10 handles new hardware. I just went from a Core i5 2300 on a Gigabyte Z68 MB with 8GB 1333 DDR3 to a Core i5 6500 on an Asrock Z170 mATX MB and 8 GB 2133...
  3. Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions: My first impressions: Pros: Seems a bit faster overall - I did a complete system image backup in 00:02:09 (previously took 00:02:35) OS install uses less space (at least for my installation) Event viewer shows no new instances (I had two known issues before and they are...
  4. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...
  5. Impression of OS 10 to date?

in Windows 10 Support
    Impression of OS 10 to date?: I may be new to this Forum, however I get the impression from the number and variety of posts, that 10 has been rushed through and has too many flaws. This may have been that MS CEO demanded too short a timescale, Investor pressure, or the Code writers @ MS are just not...
  6. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  7. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...