Windows 10: My First Impression

Discus and support My First Impression in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pricetech, Nov 16, 2014.

1. pricetech Win User

My First Impression

NNOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ??

Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm back to two clicks (at least) to open a program. I'm an old man. I feel overworked when I have to click more than once.

I want my Start Screen back, dog gone it.

Other than that, I'll reserve judgment / rants / opinions for down the road when I've had a chance to torture test it a bit.

(sigh)

:)

pricetech, Nov 16, 2014

2. N97 - my first impressions

Yes, it does come with a stylus. Although, it's not built into the phone, so she'll have to drag it with her unless she can get by with using her nails or something else.

bradbury---01, Nov 16, 2014
  3. N97 - my first impressions

Hi

My g/f is based in the UK, do the UK models come with a stylus? Seems rather bizare they will supply some countries with a stylus but not others. Do they think some countries are not capable of using a stylus lol?

Baz

hybridtheory---01, Nov 16, 2014
  4. My First Impression

paulsalter, Nov 16, 2014
  5. pricetech Win User
    Well, I guess I just yelled "calf rope" too soon. I should have done a search of Brink's tutorials before I complained.

Thanks Brink !!! and Thanks Paul for bringing it to my attention.

pricetech, Nov 16, 2014
  6. Hope it works ok, be interested in your thoughts as another start screen user

paulsalter, Nov 16, 2014
  7. Tony K Win User
    Welcome to Windows TenForums, Pricetech. It’s good to have you aboard. *Smile

I can see by your humor that we’re going to have some fun. *Biggrin

Tony K, Nov 16, 2014
  8. pricetech Win User

My First Impression

Might as well have fun. I can't spend all of my time playing with my grandkids, so I have to find some distractions while I'm at work. At least this kind of distraction I can justify since I'm testing a new OS.

Joe

pricetech, Nov 16, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    *Thumbs

Tony K, Nov 16, 2014
  10. I assume that you unaware that these current previews are biased towards desktop users.

The touchscreen changes are supposed to be coming in another preview.

Why not pin the Apps and Programs you want to use to the mini Start Screen window?
    Right click on the App and/or Program and choose the "Pin to Start" option.

My First Impression [​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2014
  11. pricetech Win User
    Yeah, I'm doing that this time. Just installed on my laptop so I can carry it with me. Giving the "mini" start screen a try.

pricetech, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My First Impression

1. My First Impression - Similar Threads - Impression

2. Laptop fanlarına etki edemiyorum! - I can't impress laptop fans!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fanlarına etki edemiyorum! - I can't impress laptop fans!: TR:Merhaba, ben laptop MSI GF63 RC kullanıyorum. Windows 10'dan Windows 11'e geçiş yaptım. Fakat MSI'in Dragon Center isminde bir yazılımı var. Ve bu yazılımla birlikte fanları hızlı ve yavaş olarak çalıştırabiliyorum. Fakat Windows 11'den sonra Turbo çalışmıyor. Yani...
  3. Laptop fanlarına etki edemiyorum! - I can't impress laptop fans!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fanlarına etki edemiyorum! - I can't impress laptop fans!: TR:Merhaba, ben laptop MSI GF63 RC kullanıyorum. Windows 10'dan Windows 11'e geçiş yaptım. Fakat MSI'in Dragon Center isminde bir yazılımı var. Ve bu yazılımla birlikte fanları hızlı ve yavaş olarak çalıştırabiliyorum. Fakat Windows 11'den sonra Turbo çalışmıyor. Yani...
  4. Co-pilot Impresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  5. Co-pilot Impresses

Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  6. Actually we're using PACS where we need thumb impression of patients , for this purposes we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Actually we're using PACS where we need thumb impression of patients , for this purposes we...: I have installed drivers but it showing connected but not scanning finger impression. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actually-were-using-pacs-where-we-need-thumb/8c191bb4-251e-4f7f-8129-301e5fc81679
  7. Actually we're using PACS where we need thumb impression of patients , for this purposes we...

Actually we're using PACS where we need thumb impression of patients , for this purposes we...: I have installed drivers but it showing connected but not scanning finger impression. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actually-were-using-pacs-where-we-need-thumb/8c191bb4-251e-4f7f-8129-301e5fc81679
  8. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed: purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install...
  9. how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed

how do i install steam on a new laptop with win 11 so far i am not impressed: purchased a new laptop and so far i am not impressed with win11 I am trying to install steam on it and it will not even open the file to install...
  10. Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 fails to impress Steam users: Yesterday we took a look at some comparative benchmarking tests on identical PCs with one running Windows 10 and the other running Windows 11. The results showed that there was not a significant performance upgrade attached to the newer operating system. Today, we are...