Windows 10: my password stopped working

Discus and support my password stopped working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all. Last night my password into my windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1 so I have no disk). I'm the only account other than the ones created by the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fishbait, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Fishbait Win User

my password stopped working

Hello all.

Last night my password into my windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1 so I have no disk). I'm the only account other than the ones created by the system.

It keeps telling me my password I'm entering is wrong. It's been the same password since I bought the machine. It worked fine the day before. It tells me to go to account.live.com/password/reset.

I am on another computer now. how do I use that password reset thing if I can't get into my computer?

I can network in and try but the password change feature wont work for the same reason.

Assistance please!

:)

Fishbait, Sep 6, 2015

2. My administrator password has stopped working

Hello,

I realize your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

To assist you better, share us more information.

1. From which user account are you trying to login to the system? Is it from the Microsoft account or local account?

2. Which software are you trying to install and delete?
    3. Is this issue specific to particular software?

For your information, having a Microsoft account will have the privileges to access Microsoft services (Office, Outlook, Skype etc. ) work together through a single sign-in.

I suggest you to change the user account control settings to never notify.

1. Press Windows + X , select Control panel.

2. Select Security and maintenance.

3. Select Change user account control settings in the left pane.

4. Scroll the bar to lower, and click on Ok.

Note: The option Never to notify option is not recommended.

Do let us know the update.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Sep 6, 2015
  3. My administrator password has stopped working

So I am able to log into my profile (I only have one) using my password but whenever I try to do anything like deleting or installing software it asks me to give my administrator password. I use the exact same password I use to log in but it wont accept
    it. I only have one password so its not that I'm using the wrong password.

Oscar Rogers-Thompson, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Fishbait, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

OPTION THREE in the tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to reset your Microsoft account password online. Be sure to leave the PC that has this issue connected to the internet and running for it to eventually sync with the new password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Fishbait Win User
    All that did was allow me to reset my password with microsoft.com.

What about the machine I can't get into?

Fishbait, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Be sure to leave the PC that has this issue connected to the internet and running for it to eventually sync with the new password.

Brink, Sep 6, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    If you sign in to Windows 10 using the same Microsoft account than the one you did the password reset, that same password works as your sign in password to Windows and is also now reseted.

Kari, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Fishbait Win User

OK! worked! Thank you!

Fishbait, Sep 6, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. my password stopped working - Similar Threads - password stopped working

2. admin password stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin password stopped working: my admin password stopped working ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-stopped-working/2c753538-98f1-4acf-bff2-641ce20bd1f2
  3. admin password stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin password stopped working: my admin password stopped working ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-stopped-working/2c753538-98f1-4acf-bff2-641ce20bd1f2
  4. admin password stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows password stops working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows password stops working after update: After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the...
  6. Password stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password stopped working: I have been using the same password for the last 4 years, and suddenly Microsoft takes it as wrong. I tried to enter it multiple times but it was not ACCEPTED in any way. I was forced to change my password and now I can't return to my old one, cause your software suddenly...
  7. Passwords have stopped working!

Passwords have stopped working!: Hello. I am soooo frustrated. My regular passwords to access sites have all been giving me 'password error' messages. Today, alone, I had to change my gmail password twice because it defaults to 'error'. What is going on? Sheila Kozmin Sarnia, Ontario...
  8. Picture password stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture password stopped working: I used to enter Windows using the picture password but this feature stopped working in the end of 2018. So I cannot log into Windows and my files. However I’ve found the True Key option, which wasn’t set by me. Is this problem related to the true key? Why did it happen?...
  9. My password not working

My password not working: I updated my computer then restarted. Now my password not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-password-not-working/f5303206-87bf-4011-9df6-75e11055ad84
  10. I changed my windows username, password stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I changed my windows username, password stopped working: I changed my username on Windows 10, and after a while I logged out. Then when I try to log back, it asks for password, but my old password doesnt work. I also tried putting blank password (not writing anything) but that doesn't work either. How can I return to using my...