Windows 10: My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar

Discus and support My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I restart my PC, the 'My PC' and 'Desktop' apps re-appear on the taskbar. I unpin them manually every time, but then the reappear after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PRovelstad, Dec 13, 2019.

1. My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar

Whenever I restart my PC, the 'My PC' and 'Desktop' apps re-appear on the taskbar. I unpin them manually every time, but then the reappear after a reboot. Is there any way to stop this?

:)

PRovelstad, Dec 13, 2019

2. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Gusgf Win User

My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar

Gusgf, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar

1. My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar - Similar Threads - Desktop apps keep

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  4. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  5. Apps in the taskbar not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps in the taskbar not appearing: The apps in my taskbar are partially visible. I have tried restarting the windows explorer but it doesn't seem to fix the issue. Please give an opinion. please note that the apps still work and are just not visible....
  6. Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.

Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.: Not sure why but some said it has to do with a roaming profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keeps-re-appearing-after-i-deleted/fa30aeed-83b7-49f0-8a2b-18e340537825
  7. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  8. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  9. Bloat apps keep re-appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bloat apps keep re-appearing: Hey all, I am running Windows 10 Pro X64 v1607 (July 2016 ISO) I recently formatted due to getting an SSD, and now im having issues with bloat apps self-installing themselves. I am using the following two tweaks to remove all the metro apps and disable consumer...
  10. My Computer Folders keep re-appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My Computer Folders keep re-appearing: Hey all, Both my Laptop and Desktop running Windows 10 have this issue i run the registry hack found here (Using 64bit as per my pc being 64bit) The folders re-appear after i reset my computer, they are never permanently disabled. i could have my computer silently...