Windows 10: My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903

Discus and support My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated my PC from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and everything worked fine, till I put it in Power Saving mode, after that my second screen would only show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SparkT7_7, Jul 5, 2019.

1. SparkT7_7 Win User

My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903

I updated my PC from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and everything worked fine, till I put it in Power Saving mode, after that my second screen would only show something for about 8 seconds after Starting the PC.
    I tried restarting, re-installing drivers etc. but it didnt help, after some time Windows stopped recognising the 2nd Screen in its settings. ( before I could still use it, just not see anything )
    The 2nd Screen works fine with the 1st screens cable ( HDMI -> HDMI ) but doesnt work with its own cable anymore (Displayport -> HDMI).

The Cables were not removed before that so they couldnt have been damaged.

System Specs :
    MSI 1060 6GT OCV1

Asus Prime Z-370 A

Intel i5 8400

16GB Ram @ 2333Mhz

Samsung Evo 860 250GB (Boot)

Toshiba P300 1TB (Mass Storage)
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Mass Storage)

Displays : 2 x PHL 273V5

Cable Connections,
    1st Screen : from HDMI port on the GPU to the HDMI port on the Screen.

2nd Screen : from DisplayPort on the GPU to the HDMI port on the Screen.

I hope you can help me, i've been searching everywhere for a solution and couldnt find anything.

:)

SparkT7_7, Jul 5, 2019
  2. badbaddog Win User

Asus Taichi 21 outer screen does not work

Mogyie, thanks for that. I gave my daughter a Taichi21 for Christmas and the Win8.1 update managed to trash it.

In Step 5 had to download BIOS 205 (TAICHI21A), 211 was rejected by WinFlash (downloaded in step 4).

I also had to download the Intel Graphics Driver from the VGA downloads. I had to run this after Step 9 to get the second screen to work.

You set me in the right direction, thanks.

badbaddog, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 5, 2019
  4. My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903

1. My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903 - Similar Threads - Second Screen stopped

2. Mic stops working after screen freezes for a second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic stops working after screen freezes for a second: This has started to happened just recently. I've had this laptop for over a year and had no issues until a couple days ago. When I am playing a game my screen would freeze for 1-2 seconds and then other people will not be able to hear me anymore. I have no issues with my...
  3. Mic stops working after screen freezes for a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic stops working after screen freezes for a second: This has started to happened just recently. I've had this laptop for over a year and had no issues until a couple days ago. When I am playing a game my screen would freeze for 1-2 seconds and then other people will not be able to hear me anymore. I have no issues with my...
  4. My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11: Hello, I've tried all the possible solutions online, from updating drivers, to rolling back drivers I use a DP connection to my Asus monitor from an MSI laptop.it was working fine for about 2 years and since the last update, it stopped working.I rolled back some windows...
  5. My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11

My second monitor stopped working after updating windows 11: Hello, I've tried all the possible solutions online, from updating drivers, to rolling back drivers I use a DP connection to my Asus monitor from an MSI laptop.it was working fine for about 2 years and since the last update, it stopped working.I rolled back some windows...
  6. Second Screen not working after Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Screen not working after Update: So I was playing like normal on my pc yesterday and everything worked fine. When I shut down my PC yesterday it did an update.Today after work I came home to find out my second monitor is not working.I'm doing a dual boot (with grub if that helps) with linux and windows.So I...
  7. Version 1903 update stopped my bluetooth working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Version 1903 update stopped my bluetooth working.: On 03 Oct 19 my windows got updated to version 1903. Unfortunately it broke my bluetooth completely. I can neither add a bluetooth device nor can connect to already paired devices. I did sfc/ scannow. Found some corrupt files but can not mend them. Please access to my log...
  8. Interactive Projector stopped working after 1903 update

Interactive Projector stopped working after 1903 update: Greetings everyone, I have a pretty sizable number of Epson Brightlink interactive projectors which after the last cumulative update for 1903 suddenly stopped allowing for desktop interactivity. I've managed to get one to function by removing the USB extension cable and...
  9. After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

After 1903 update audio jack stop working.: I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working. Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio...
  10. Windows 10 Mail stopped working after 1903 update.

Windows 10 Mail stopped working after 1903 update.: Hi, Window 10 Mail stopped working after 1903 update. Multiple email accounts in there deleted and now not able to add email accounts in there. Whenever tried to add an account , it gives error code 0X80054005. Already did the reset and re-installed. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second screen not working

2. after upgrade to 1803 screen saver stops worked

3. after 1903 second monitor

4. 2nd display quit working after 1903,
  5. windows 1903 multiple displays not working,
  6. second monitor not working after 1903,
  7. 1903 2nd display issues,
  8. whenever my screensaver activates my second monitor stops working