Windows 10: My sister email is logged in under my account

Discus and support My sister email is logged in under my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a bit confused about how this could have happened, but my sister's email is connected to my windows account: how do I change that back to my own... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daggaron, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Daggaron Win User

My sister email is logged in under my account

I am a bit confused about how this could have happened, but my sister's email is connected to my windows account:

how do I change that back to my own account?

the weird thing is that when I log in online, my regular account shows up (with my email and password)

*** Moved from nl-nl ***

:)

Daggaron, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Aylin17 Win User

sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account

my sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account and now she is listed as the admin and all my files are under her account how can I change her from admin and get her out of my account but still let her use my laptop and not lose any info?

Aylin17, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account

Microsoft make it (too) easy to accidentally switch from a local account to a Microsoft account, though usually it's your own account that gets switched to. This Tutorial tells you how to switch back.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Once you've switched back your sister won't have a log in on your PC. If you want to let your sister log in in the future, you could create a second account for her. You can even set it up as a Microsoft account. You could also make sure it's a standard account, not an admin. There's a Tutorial for that too.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Aug 6, 2019
  4. My sister email is logged in under my account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

My sister email is logged in under my account

1. My sister email is logged in under my account - Similar Threads - sister email logged

2. Cant log in to my email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in to my email accounts: All of my email accounts all 4 of them, are getting hacked repeatedly. I can't receive any of the codes sent to my other verification email accounts because they change my passwords and so obviouslyI can't log in and receive the codes. No help at all anywhere and I am super...
  3. Cant log in to my email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log in to my email accounts: All of my email accounts all 4 of them, are getting hacked repeatedly. I can't receive any of the codes sent to my other verification email accounts because they change my passwords and so obviouslyI can't log in and receive the codes. No help at all anywhere and I am super...
  4. Cant log in to my email accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Account opened under my email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account opened under my email?: Hello,Recently I have been receiving emails that my Microsoft account password has been changed. I have never opened a microsoft account under this one email. I keep getting your password has changed every few months. If i try to log in and claim the account i will get an...
  6. Account opened under my email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account opened under my email?: Hello,Recently I have been receiving emails that my Microsoft account password has been changed. I have never opened a microsoft account under this one email. I keep getting your password has changed every few months. If i try to log in and claim the account i will get an...
  7. Account opened under my email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email: So, I have been using my pc for over a year now. I have logged onto everything with my email, let’s call it k@, from the Xbox companion app to the mail app, everything Microsoft related. I log out of my Xbox companion app to let my brother for once go one and talk to his...
  9. my email is under attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my email is under attack: my email is under attack, need to block my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-is-under-attack/8c2700cc-cfd7-42bc-9537-ebdef390a5d6
  10. sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account: my sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account and now she is listed as the admin and all my files are under her account how can I change her from admin and get her out of my account but still let her use my laptop and not lose any info? 70786