Windows 10: My Surface Book was hacked while using Zoom

Discus and support My Surface Book was hacked while using Zoom in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My surface book laptop Windows 10 was hacked while I was on Zoom. I stepped away from my computer for 5 minutes, and when I came back multiple Google... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OM_796, Apr 28, 2020.

1. OM_796 Win User

My Surface Book was hacked while using Zoom

My surface book laptop Windows 10 was hacked while I was on Zoom. I stepped away from my computer for 5 minutes, and when I came back multiple Google Chrome windows were opened. The hacker opened some Microsoft Edge windows pertaining to the coronavirus tracker. Near the end he managed to open iTunes. I noticed he was trying to run a script. It looked like a program like Notepad, with text in green and purple font.

Within no more than 3 minutes, I locked my computer, covered my webcam and shut it down. I had to fight the hacker for control of my mouse. After a few minutes, I turned it back on and everything seemed fine. I changed all my passwords on a separate device including my Microsoft account, and ran MalwareBytes and BitDefender. Both came back clear. I did not check off scanning for rootkits on MB at that time. I have Windows Defender already installed which obviously didnt detect any danger.

The next day I paid for GeekSquad to remote in and do their own virus check, of which they found nothing. I still wasnt reassured, so I moved all my files to an external hard drive and completely wiped my laptop's hard drive. I've run Malware Bytes with rootkits, CC Cleaner, and Microsoft Safety Scanner which have come back clear. But I'm still very scared to use my laptop. Is it safe now?

:)

OM_796, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My Surface Book was hacked while using Zoom - Similar Threads - Surface Book was

2. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  3. Surface Book Shuts Down while Plugged In

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Book Shuts Down while Plugged In: When my laptop is plugged in, it shuts down even when I set it to “Never” in Power Options in Control Panel under “Plugged In”. This started happening awhile ago possibly after an update. I also have Ubuntu Linux installed to dual boot. I would just like my laptop to sleep...
  4. BSOD while using Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Zoom: Hi, I keep having BSOD on my Windows 10 machine when I am using Zoom. The Zoom session will run fine for 1 hourish before I get a BSOD. This is strange, cause my PC has been running fine. Can anyone help me please? Thanks Here is the link to the minidump file:...
  5. Zoom on a Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoom on a Surface: When will Zoom become available from the app store...... AKA using Zoom in windows s mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-on-a-surface/ecfad735-61b6-4b93-ace4-e41b3b4d81a5
  6. Zoom on a Surface

Zoom on a Surface: When will Zoom become available from the app store...... AKA using Zoom in windows s mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-on-a-surface/ecfad735-61b6-4b93-ace4-e41b3b4d81a5
  7. Face Book hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Face Book hacked?: I am being hacked 3 times a day I know as I have security notifications turned on. I have got other to check who don’t have that turned on and they are showing they are hacked. Can everyone check your not hacked in FB goto settings, security and login look at your logged in...
  8. Surface Book 2 Bluescreen while shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Bluescreen while shutting down: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 18305.rs_prerelease.181213-2133 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-bluescreen-while-shutting-down/af663989-d7a7-45c6-b415-42da0dbc38bd
  9. Surface Book battery drain while turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book battery drain while turned off: As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!! I ran a powecfg...
  10. Surface Book

Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....