Windows 10: My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options

Discus and support My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A quick introduction: I'm in the midst of trying to convert my BIOS from Legacy to UEFI. Every time I'm about to solve some problem (converting from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yohay1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Yohay1 Win User

My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options

A quick introduction: I'm in the midst of trying to convert my BIOS from Legacy to UEFI. Every time I'm about to solve some problem (converting from MBR to GPT, running commands in cmd, etc.), some new error occurs which compels me to keep searching for solutions on the web. One of the things I did was deleting files and folders that were told to be safe for deleting (pagefile.sys, the temp folder, etc.), but I restored them all once I realized it might cause other problems. I also deleted the recovery partition. Also, my D drive was deleted in the process of all this, which I don't know how or when did it happen.

Anyway, I'm now trying to access the "Advanced options" in the Advanced startup. As we all know, the "Restart now"button leads to "Troubleshoot", which leads to "Advanced options", which leads to five or six options. Here's how it supposed to look:

My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options 42d0ded9-b345-4ade-b3f0-9df5d8e14778?upload=true.png

But in my case, "Troubleshoot" leads to a screen named "Advanced options" which has only a "Startup Settings" option, which leads to a list of functions the computer offers me to do. This is how it looks:

My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options 6866ff9e-aa11-4afa-8635-1d8334023328?upload=true.png

It seems strange to me (not to mention frustrating), because only recently it worked fine - it showed the options that are depicted in the first image. So I assume that whatever caused this bizarre change, happened when I messed with computer's settings.

How do I restore it to its previous state?

Thank you so much

:)

Yohay1, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 31, 2019
  3. tracit99 Win User
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10  

I have not tried this, but this link may help you get back to a regular startup. Step 5 in Option 3.

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

tracit99, Aug 31, 2019
  4. feelulive Win User

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options - Similar Threads - advanced startup doesn't

2. Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing: Whenever I choose "Advanced Startup" from within the Settings menu, instead of my PC restarting and then letting me select an option, the menu immediately shows up. When I pick an option, my computer fails to restart itself, staying on a black screen after logging out. I'm...
  3. Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing: Whenever I choose "Advanced Startup" from within the Settings menu, instead of my PC restarting and then letting me select an option, the menu immediately shows up. When I pick an option, my computer fails to restart itself, staying on a black screen after logging out. I'm...
  4. Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  6. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  7. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Regular command prompt on Advanced startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regular command prompt on Advanced startup: Is it possible to access regular Command Prompt (non-administrator command prompt), through advanced startup? If so, how do i get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-command-prompt-on-advanced-startup/b480184b-f422-4c56-8214-c0274f294009"
  9. Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options: My Windows 10 features the latest updates. My recovery/advanced startup screens, however, lacks both Startup Repair and System Image Recovery options. The second is peculiar as I use System Image Recovery and the control panel says it's working fine. I've had this problem...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998