Windows 10: My YOGA 500 has just stopped seeing media on smart cards

Discus and support My YOGA 500 has just stopped seeing media on smart cards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 3 smart cards that I have been using to download photos and video from trail cameras on many occasions this year. For a long time the smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenGRF, Jun 2, 2019.

1. My YOGA 500 has just stopped seeing media on smart cards

I have 3 smart cards that I have been using to download photos and video from trail cameras on many occasions this year.

For a long time the smart card slot on my YOGA 500-15IBD, windows 10 has not recognised any smart cards (i.e. nothing happens when I put a card in the slot. If I so this when explorer devices and drives window is open then monetarily the USB drive :E flashes up and immediately disappears).

Thus I have been using a plugin USB card holder, which has been working, until last week when it stopped working.

I have tried uninstalling the disk drive card reader in device manager, restarting, but it does not help.

Can you help please?

:)

StephenGRF, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Disable smart card Surface LTE

Hi Jishua9,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

Please try the below suggested steps and let us know if it helps.

1. Right click on
      Start menu and select Run.
    2. Typegpedit.msc
      and press Enter.
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\SecurityOptions.
    4. LocateInteractive logon: Require smart card
      policy setting.
    5. Double click on the Policy and select
      Disabled option.
    6. Click onApply
      and OK to save changes.
    7. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not,
      restart the system.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

My YOGA 500 has just stopped seeing media on smart cards

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

My YOGA 500 has just stopped seeing media on smart cards

1. My YOGA 500 has just stopped seeing media on smart cards - Similar Threads - YOGA 500 has

2. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  6. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  8. Bluetooth not working on Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working on Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop: We have two of these laptops and neither will connect to bluetooth properly. Or rather, You can turn on bluetooth and pair the devices, but they don't connect. When I then click Connect, I get a message saying "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still...
  9. Bluetooth not working on Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth not working on Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop: We have two of these laptops and neither will connect to bluetooth properly. Or rather, You can turn on bluetooth and pair the devices, but they don't connect. When I then click Connect, I get a message saying "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still...
  10. computer stopped reading smart card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer stopped reading smart card: Hi Up to yesterday I have been using a smartcard for over a year. Yesterday I played around with permissions to folders. today the computer no longer reads the smart card. It works in other computers. Any ideas? p.s. when booting up the computer the smart card lights...