Windows 10: Name a file with out underline

Discus and support Name a file with out underline in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline? 140784 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TRrose, Sep 24, 2019.

1. TRrose Win User

Name a file with out underline

When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline?

:)

TRrose, Sep 24, 2019
  2. TRrose Win User

When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline?

TRrose, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Bree Win User

Welcome to TenForums.

The underilne is not the text of the name, rather it indicates that if you click on the file you will open it (same as a browser underlines links). This is normal behaviour if you have set File Explorer's folder options to 'Single click to open an item'. Set it for a double-click to open and the underline will disappear.

See this tutorial:
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

4. Name a file with out underline

enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow below steps to enable shortcut underlines and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Select Ease of Access Center and scroll down the list and click “Make the Keyboard Easier to Use

3. Check the option Underline Keyboard Shortcuts
    and Access Keys under Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts.

Now you’ll see the shortcut keys are underlined.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Name a file with out underline - Similar Threads - Name file underline

2. blue and underlined phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue and underlined phone number: phone number in Canva program can not change from blue and under lined and take me to "people" app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-and-underlined-phone-number/85ac86d2-df6d-408d-993a-d4e248e8fcd6
  3. File naming errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File naming errors: Sometimes I will be cleaning up file names. When I go to rename part of it, sometimes I inadvertently end up deleting the name. I used to not worry about it because if I tried to save it without naming it, the old name would just revert, and I could make my correction. With...
  4. file names

file names: When I name a file and use some caps and some lower case letters why is file explorer changing it to all lower case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-names/8467538b-d686-4ac9-9271-62ba146d174f"
  5. file name is invalid

file name is invalid: I have an older Asus laptop...several months ago after a windows 10 upgrade, I could only save files created in a Microsoft program (ie. Money, Word, Excel)....other programs (Open Office, Photoshop) would give me an error message "file name is invalid"...recently read a...
  6. Underlining in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  7. taskbar icon underlined

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icon underlined: Why do I have an icon on the taskbar underlined and how do I get rid of it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-underlined/a35c35ae-e56d-48c8-964d-f4e48b3cd809
  8. File name

File name: I noticed in Program Files {x86} all the files that start with the word Windows are first letter caps except this one - "windows.nt." It doesn't seem right to me. Shouldn't it also be first letter capitalized? I think I remember reading somewhere that it might indicate a...
  9. File names \

File names \: Hi, There is a file named \ in one of my folders, and I can't delete it using any means. I can't just ignore it since its inside a git project. I would really like to delete this file if possible. Thanks in Advance!...
  10. Everything Is Underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything Is Underlined: Hello; My title probably brought you in to see what I am talking about, so here goes; Last week I downloaded a program from a website and left it alone as I had other things to do first, as I continued "Windows Defender" popped up In a very red box saying Trojan...