Windows 10: Name a file with out underline

Discus and support Name a file with out underline in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline? 140784 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TRrose, Sep 24, 2019.

1. TRrose Win User

Name a file with out underline

When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline?

:)

TRrose, Sep 24, 2019
  2. TRrose Win User

When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline?

TRrose, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Bree Win User

Welcome to TenForums.

The underilne is not the text of the name, rather it indicates that if you click on the file you will open it (same as a browser underlines links). This is normal behaviour if you have set File Explorer's folder options to 'Single click to open an item'. Set it for a double-click to open and the underline will disappear.

See this tutorial:
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

4. Name a file with out underline

enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow below steps to enable shortcut underlines and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Select Ease of Access Center and scroll down the list and click “Make the Keyboard Easier to Use

3. Check the option Underline Keyboard Shortcuts
    and Access Keys under Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts.

Now you’ll see the shortcut keys are underlined.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Name a file with out underline - Similar Threads - Name file underline

2. Why these services have underline and numbers in its name, is it hacked? SOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why these services have underline and numbers in its name, is it hacked? SOS: So, unfortunely , i got hijacked, can some1 explain me why those services have underline and numbers in its name, i dont remember servicers ending with underline and numbers, please tell me what you know about please SOS. I successfully removed the malware/virus but are these...
  3. Why these services have underline and numbers in its name, is it hacked? SOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why these services have underline and numbers in its name, is it hacked? SOS: So, unfortunely , i got hijacked, can some1 explain me why those services have underline and numbers in its name, i dont remember servicers ending with underline and numbers, please tell me what you know about please SOS. I successfully removed the malware/virus but are these...
  4. Why these services have underline and numbers in its name, is it hacked? SOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File names not appearing and/or are slightly out of place.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names not appearing and/or are slightly out of place.: I opened my file explorer today and it looked like this, no names, and ones which had file names had it slightly out of place. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  6. underline in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    underline in taskbar: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 2004, the underline beneath the open programs on the taskbar is hidden below the bottom of the monitor. They are all present, which I can verify If I expand the taskbar to 2-line. But that has never been necessary before. I do not wish to reduce...
  7. Underline on file and folder names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Underline on file and folder names: All of my folders and file names are underlined -- how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underline-on-file-and-folder-names/f087662f-ecd5-4e1e-a609-190453b41949
  8. Taskbar Underline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Underline: Is there anyway to increase the taskbar underline or get rid of it? [img] 148391
  9. Underlining in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  10. Everything Is Underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything Is Underlined: Hello; My title probably brought you in to see what I am talking about, so here goes; Last week I downloaded a program from a website and left it alone as I had other things to do first, as I continued "Windows Defender" popped up In a very red box saying Trojan...