Windows 10: Name that feature: Nudge windows back from the edge with mouse pointer

Discus and support Name that feature: Nudge windows back from the edge with mouse pointer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's a feature that I've enjoyed off & on through Windows 7 and 8... but it seemed to come & go randomly, perhaps as a side-effect of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by punchme, Nov 15, 2015.

1. punchme Win User

Name that feature: Nudge windows back from the edge with mouse pointer

There's a feature that I've enjoyed off & on through Windows 7 and 8... but it seemed to come & go randomly, perhaps as a side-effect of Windows Updates. In my current Windows 10, the feature does not seem to be present, and since I can't seem to figure out based on web searches what it was ever called, I have no clue if/how to re-enable it.

Here's a description. Imagine you have a window that's just off the edge of the screen, such that a small portion of it is actually completely out of view. When this feature is in effect, what I've found is that if I move my mouse pointer up against that edge of the screen, it nudges the window fully back into view, such that it's now fully visible, but the window's edge is flush with that side of the screen. I found this very convenient, as it's way quicker and more precise than dragging the window by its top bar and trying to line it up with the flush-with-the-edge precision.

Anyone have a clue what I'm describing here and how to configure it? Thanks!

--
    Phil

:)

punchme, Nov 15, 2015

2. 10532 Build Mouse does not work correctly within Edge. The mouse pointer is off from the mouse selection

I received the new 10532 Build and now my mouse does not work correctly within Edge. The mouse pointer is off from the mouse selection. Any Ideas on a fix.

SalvatoreKitko, Nov 15, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    File Explorer window size

Use the mouse pointer to grab an edge of the window and re-size it as you like.

BulldogXX, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 15, 2015
  5. punchme Win User
    Thanks for the reply/link, Brink. Alas, while what you linked to is a handy trick that I learned/used in the past, it's not what I was thinking of.

I've attached some screenshots that try to better illustrate what I'm describing. Notice the placement of the Command Prompt window in the "before.png" attachment, such that its scrollbar is just out of view off to the right of the screen. Well, when this particular feature was in effect, I'd find that just by moving my mouse pointer up against the right side of the screen, adjacent to the right side of such a window, it would nudge the window leftwards such that it would now look like what's in the "after.png".

Ring any bells?

--
    Phil

punchme, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. punchme Win User
    Nope, it's not Aero Snap either. I mean, all the Aero Snap features are currently enabled and it's not doing what I'm describing, and I read all of the text at the page you linked to just to ensure there wasn't some subtle, Registry-enabled sub-feature within Aero described that was disabled by default, but I don't see it.

I'm guessing I may just be out of luck. This is not the first time I've asked "folks who know Windows better than I do" about this behavior and got looked at like I have two heads. Perhaps it's a side-effect of some other piece of software I commonly install and I just have no idea which one. It may have to remain a mystery. Perhaps someone will stumble across this thread some day and know the answer.

punchme, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I must admit that I don't know what this feature could be from. Hopefully, someone may and will post for you.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Name that feature: Nudge windows back from the edge with mouse pointer - Similar Threads - Name feature Nudge

2. nudging mouse causes windows to disappear..or become transparent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nudging mouse causes windows to disappear..or become transparent.: Another update, another annoyance. Since the last update windows Chrome, word..etc have been going all jellyfish every time the mouse is nudged. A faint outline of the window remains, but the content is somewhere in Windows dreamland. It is driving me nuts. All I have to do...
  3. nudging mouse causes windows to disappear..or become transparent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nudging mouse causes windows to disappear..or become transparent.: Another update, another annoyance. Since the last update windows Chrome, word..etc have been going all jellyfish every time the mouse is nudged. A faint outline of the window remains, but the content is somewhere in Windows dreamland. It is driving me nuts. All I have to do...
  4. mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot: i don't know how this happenedI have 2 monitors, never had this problem appear before today. It's offset like in the image this is ms paint.Same problem under photoshop, same offset distance. I tried restarting the comptuer, i tried changing all the pointer settings, changing...
  5. mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer is offset from mouse pointer hotspot: i don't know how this happenedI have 2 monitors, never had this problem appear before today. It's offset like in the image this is ms paint.Same problem under photoshop, same offset distance. I tried restarting the comptuer, i tried changing all the pointer settings, changing...
  6. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Pointer Disappears in Microsoft Edge: Split from this thread. Disabling the hardware acceleration and restarting Edge didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappears-in-microsoft-edge/6205f7c0-82ef-4afb-968c-45c26a796a47
  7. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Pointer Disappears in Microsoft Edge: I know there are quite a few of these complaints floating around, and I've done my due diligence trying to resolve the issue myself with the help of this forum and the previous threads posted on the subject. However, none of the tips or suggestions have helped. I'm on my...
  8. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  9. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  10. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e