Windows 10: Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update)

Discus and support Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi...*Sad I have three PC's all running windows 10/64 bit... Two of them were running (Build 10525) this PC's auto downloaded the windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Raner Win User

Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update)

Hi...*Sad
    I have three PC's all running windows 10/64 bit...
    Two of them were running (Build 10525) this PC's auto downloaded the windows 10 update a while back and are
    curentley running (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36)...
    The one I am having a problem with is running (Build 10240) this computer is the reason for this post...
    For some reason this PC (does not or will not) auto download the windows 10 update (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36). It will auto download updates for the small stuff like for windows defender.
    When I manually check for updates and it says "Your Device Is Up To Date"...
    I did a lot of checking for some kind of answer for my problem but did not find a specific answer...
    My question is (Do i have to update from (Build 10240 to Build 10525) in order to get (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36) Or will it eventuley find and download the update on it's own...
    Side Note...
    Window 10 is activated... I bought the windows 7 pro key from Microsoft... I did the free upgrade to windows 10...
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version: 10.0.10240 N/A Build 10240
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    Original Install Date: 8/16/2015, 9:41:39 PM

I have updates set to automatic...
    I do not have defer checked...
    I do not have a old windows in this PC... I deleted it...
    I have plenty of disc space...
    ...Thanks...*Smile

:)

Raner, Dec 21, 2015

2. How can I manually download the November update? Automatic update installed 32 bit version on my 64 bit laptop.

We need some more clarification here. Did you do an in-place Upgrade from the old OS to Windows 10? If so and it's now 32 bit then your old OS had to be 32 bit too.

The fact you have a 64-bit processor alone is not significant since all modern processors are 64 bit. An important deciding factor for whether to change to 64 bit (allowed with every Windows license) is if you have 4 gb or more RAM. Any more will be
    wasted by 32 bit. But less than 3gb RAM tends to perfom better with 32 bit.

If that Upgrade is Activated in Settings>Update>Activation then you can at any time

Clean Reinstall Windows 10 Upgrade
    with the 64 bit media and it will reactivate.

MS release a statement saying they pulled the Fall Update 1511 Downloads because they want to roll it out only via Windows Update, so you can

Create Windows 10 Installation Media
    with the original ISO now available and will receive 1511 via Windows Update when it is pushed out to you.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 21, 2015
  3. 786Baraq Win User
    Recovery Drive Question Windows 10 All - Do we need to build new recovery drive when Microsoft update the number

Hello:

Does anyone know if the Windows 10 recovery drive is hardware independent or dependent. Also do we need to make fresh Window recovery drive every time Windows updates the rev number - starting

First release of Windows 10

1. Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 1511 (10586.17)

2. Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 1511 (10586.19)

3. Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit 1511 (10586.36)

My most important question is "When should I redo the recovery Drive" With every number (10586.36 ..so on) change or follow Build 1511 and next number? or these number does not effect recovery drive?

Thanks

786Baraq, Dec 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

No. I don't think build 10525 is even available for download from Microsoft.

At this point it probably isn't going to update on it's own. Why not download the version 1511 build10586 Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft and manually update?

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Dec 21, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    ............For some reason this PC (does not or will not) auto download the windows 10 update (Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36).......................

I have no answer as to why it won't find the 10586 update.
    The only suggestion I can offer you is to use one of the following 2 download links, download the ISO file and do an in-place upgrade install.

Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Download the ISO file > right click at the iso > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    You can keep the settings, files and apps.
    No product key needed.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Dec 21, 2015
  6. Raner Win User
    Thanks for the quick comeback guys...
    I went with... Option Two... Download Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool...

I need to very careful with this PC it's got 4 drives in it and if I mess up it will take me a long long long time to
    get everything back to normal... LOL...
    Do I have to save the windows 10 key that is activated on my machine at this time...
    Or is it stored in my Microsoft account... I'm using now...
    Will my Microsoft account stay the same after the iso upgrade...
    Let me know what to expect during and after the upgrade...Thanks

Raner, Dec 22, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Once your Win 10 is activated, you can reinstall as often as you want, whenever you want. Activation will be automatic. There is no product key to safe-keep.
    Digital Entitlement :
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...-in-windows-10

All you need to do now is to make sure you install the windows updates which will update your version from 10586.0 to 10586.36

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  8. Raner Win User

Thanks davidhk
    I'm going to get download now...
    I'll wait a few days more see it the update shows up... If it does not... I'll go for it...
    I'm hesitating a bit because if I use the tool or iso upgrade it's going change all the tweaks I've done to get my windows 10 to feel just the way I like it...

Raner, Dec 22, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    That is a distinct possibility although I have no personal experience on such a situation.
    Since upgrade install allows you to keep your settings, I am sure at least some will get "carried over", but maybe some will not. I'm just guessing now.

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  10. Raner Win User
    Thanks davidhk
    I was just thinking is there a way to pull the upgrade from one of my other machines and use command prompt to install it in my machine...

Raner, Dec 22, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    No. You can upgrade only either via Windows Update or via an ISO file from MCT or Tech Bench.

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  12. Raner Win User
    Okkkkkkkkkkk... Just a thought... I hope this damn update shows up on it's own... If it doesn't... Well I'll let you know if a few days... How it went...

Raner, Dec 22, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Good luck.

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  14. Raner Win User
    I've been digging a bit dipper on the problem with my pc...
    Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688)
    Which is for version 1511... Is installed on my windows updates...
    Then I checked for KB3105213 CUMULATIVE WINDOWS update... It is not on in my windows updates files...
    I found this link on another post... windows10.0-kb3105213-x64_91e14ff09eba6211ad11baa59182d1770a94d753.msu
    I downloaded and when I run it is says this update is already installed... which it's not "Winver" shows Version 10.0 (Build 10240)
    I think that is why I can't get the windows 1511 update... The check for windows updates thinks I already have it but I don't...
    So as much as I did not want to use the Media Creation Tool looks like it's the only option I have left... I'll just have to reset all the settings again to get windows 10 back to the way it's set up now after the the update is done... Thanks for the help guys...

Raner, Dec 22, 2015
  15. Qwinn Win User
    For the record my girlfriend's computer, which is always turned on, didn't update to build 10586 until a few days ago so I guess the phased rollout is still going on.

Qwinn, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Need a bit of clarification on windows 10 (1511 Update) - Similar Threads - Need bit clarification

2. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  3. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows: See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. My question is, if I select the [Clean Install] option for reinstalling Windows from an Installation Media, will it...
  4. Need clarification for Windows Age restriction

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need clarification for Windows Age restriction: I am setting up Child account in Windows. I selected 'Allowed apps and games for 12 years Old' [ATTACH] I was expected they will show me all Apps / Games under the age 12 but while I checked it shows me allowed items as 12 years and up. I don't understand why do they...
  5. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender: Hi All, I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:- 2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId:...
  6. Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Clarification about Win 10 1607 Enterprise Security updates: We still have a few machines that we have not been able to upgrade from 1607 for various reasons (low disk space, incompatible app, users working from home, etc). Maybe it's the way I'm reading this, but I'm a little confused about whether or not we will be able to...
  7. windows 10 1511 update need help!!

windows 10 1511 update need help!!: trying to upgrade my windows 10 via windows update,it has failed many times now iam thinking of using the other ways to upgrade soIf I was to use media creation tool or iso clean install method would I need my activation key? This is because my computer came with windows 8.1...
  8. KB3167685 Flash Update fails on 1511 64-bit

KB3167685 Flash Update fails on 1511 64-bit: We are seeing one of the latest updates fail for Flash. I even downloaded it from the catalog and it failed to install. What should my next step be? Presumably one wants this to be installed. Nothing I've found seems to quite fit this current issue. This applies to...
  9. Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. Windows 10 on both of my machines have the this license. [img] If I upgrade, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Video Card, Will windows 10 reactivate or am I going to have to buy a new license key...Thanks......
  10. Windows 10 Clarification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clarification: Hi , Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused 1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be able to download) a hard copy of my OS for future use 2... I have also got build 10130 on my desktop will that upgraded to...