Windows 10: Need help downgrading to windows 7

Discus and support Need help downgrading to windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get this message whenever I try to downgrade There is NO other accounts, I already checked. I also typed this in CMD just to make sure "Net... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kangoraouuri, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Need help downgrading to windows 7

I get this message whenever I try to downgrade

There is NO other accounts, I already checked.
    I also typed this in CMD just to make sure
    "Net user administrator /active:no

HELP !!

:)

Kangoraouuri, Aug 13, 2015

2. Need help with downgrading back to Windows 7

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to enter the Desktop or not?
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

You may use Windows 10 installation disc/USB to
    perform automatic repair by creating a Media Creation Tool. Use the link below to create the media tool.

Refer:
    Windows 10 ISO download

Note: Before performing the Automatic repair please go through the above link and follow the steps.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Need help with downgrading back to Windows 7

Don't worry anymore, thank you for helping. I now have Windows 7.

Jamie.Adams, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Need help downgrading to windows 7

Hello Kangorauuri, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I had a thought. Are you currently using a Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 10?

Since you are going back to Windows 7, Windows 7 doesn't support logging in to with Microsoft accounts, and could be the issue.

If this is the case, then you might see if switching your Microsoft account to a local account first, then see if you are able to go back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Hello, thanks for assisting me.

I followed the steps and I still get the same message :/

Kangoraouuri, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Kangoraouuri, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Need help downgrading to windows 7

This can be closed. I solved my issue by deleting the user profile completely.

Kangoraouuri, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Need help downgrading to windows 7

1. Need help downgrading to windows 7 - Similar Threads - Need help downgrading

2. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to window 7??: Hi,Currently I am using window 10 "Windows 10 Home Single Language" in my personal laptop. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade the same to window 7.1. From a long time, I am facing slowness and due to that I am not even using 50% of my disk capacity.2. It...
  3. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade to window 7??: Hi,Currently I am using window 10 "Windows 10 Home Single Language" in my personal laptop. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade the same to window 7.1. From a long time, I am facing slowness and due to that I am not even using 50% of my disk capacity.2. It...
  4. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Downgrade to the Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to the Windows 7: My computer came with Windows 7, which I love. I wanted to try Windows 10, so I did the backup & got no error messages & it said the backup was complete. Next, I installed windows 10 with no problem, but I don't like it and want to go back to windows 7. When I try to restore...
  6. Need help downgrading explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help downgrading explorer.exe: I updated this netbook i have from windows 7(x86) to windows 10(x86) 2004 ... The problem at first was that it uses the Intel GMA 3600 driver and that driver doesn't work with windows 10 the fix is to delete ModernUI/UWP apps (WindowsApps and SystemApps folder) Because the...
  7. Windows 7 Downgrade

Windows 7 Downgrade: I have a Canon MP240 Pixma printer. I was told by Canon that I need to downgrade to Windows 7 to get a driver so my printer will work. Please tell me how I can do that. It is critical....
  8. Help downgrading to Windows 7

Help downgrading to Windows 7: Hello everybody, Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of restoring Windows 7 my computer freezes. Any help to prevent this, or to stop the process entirely so that I could use an alternate...
  9. Downgrade To Windows 7???

Downgrade To Windows 7???: Is it possible to "unallocate" my Hard Drive and Install and run Windows 7? I'm wondering if my pre-installed windows 10 hardware will "warmly welcome" the downgrade install with "open arms"? What complications might I encounter? Are there any preliminary actions I...
  10. Downgrade to Windows 7

Downgrade to Windows 7: I have found it necessary to Downgrade back to W7 from the W10 upgrade. Selecting Settings/Update & Security/Recovery does not present me with "Go Back to Windows 7". I am presented with "Advanced Startup" and then "Restart Now" Can anybody please help 55460