Windows 10: Need help to clear Run history.

Discus and support Need help to clear Run history. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've made sure there are no entries in the RunMRU key (there were none) and even tried deleting the key. Also restarted windows. There must be some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sleepless, Nov 4, 2016.

1. sleepless Win User

Need help to clear Run history.

I've made sure there are no entries in the RunMRU key (there were none) and even tried deleting the key. Also restarted windows. There must be some settings elsewhere. What can I do to clear the history?

Need help to clear Run history. [​IMG]

:)

sleepless, Nov 4, 2016

2. Clear run command history

Logoff and login back. Or restart Windows Explorer from Task manager (Process tab)

Alternately, open Folder Options and click Clear. Note that it also clears recent items in Quick Access.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 4, 2016
  3. Clear run command history

Hello Parag,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to refer the following article:

How to Clear the Windows Explorer MRU Lists

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/142298

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 4, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

That is basic Windows 101 stuff. It is right where it has always been in Folder properties in the Control Panel. It comes off of Internet Explorer, now Edge, which runs Explorer and also autocomplete for Windows.

bro67, Nov 5, 2016
  5. sleepless Win User
    Are you referring to this "101 Stuff"? Because clearing the file explorer history changes nothing with the Run history.

Need help to clear Run history. [​IMG]

sleepless, Nov 5, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Windows 101 is nothing more than stating that it is a easy fix and does not take going into the registry to perform anything. The File Explorer option has always been used to clear the history. You must have messed something up when you went into the registry. File Explorer History - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

bro67, Nov 5, 2016
  7. sleepless Win User
    sleepless, Nov 5, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

There is no other solution other than you messed something up when you used the AVG guide. You may want to roll back to a System Restore point before you messed things up. The Registry is not needed to go in and make any changes for this area, because you can royally hose the system up when you start messing around in the Registry. That is why any tool that makes changes to the registry always tells you to make a backup of it. If you do not, it is not the fault of the software or those who wrote the code for it.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help to clear Run history. - Similar Threads - Need help clear

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  4. How to clear Run command history in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Run command history in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will explain how to clear the Run dialog command history in Windows 10. The Run dialog box is a very powerful tool in Windows 10. You can use this utility to open your desired apps and documents directly whose path is known. All you need to type the app name...
  5. Run Box is Saving File History Even After Clear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run Box is Saving File History Even After Clear: the run box Win+R is saving recent file history even after I clear it. I've tried everything I can think of and followed every guide I could find, but nothing has been working. I have tried deleting registry keys RunMRU and clearing it from file explorer, but none of those...
  6. Run clear

Run clear: In my Windows from start menu run history automatically clearing. How to stop removing this history from run menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-clear/8dee0f68-3bc5-485a-80ed-c3f3007b8e8e
  7. Clear Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Search History: I don't mean Bing or Google. I refer to the word search from within File History. In the upper right corner. As I remember, I used to be able to hover over an item in the drop down list and hit the Delete key....
  8. clearing search history not clearing

clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  9. Clear web history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear web history: How do I completely clear the web browsing history on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-web-history/eb2401c4-163d-44bb-9cc9-771151d26339
  10. The access history in hive cleared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The access history in hive cleared: Hello. I had this in event viewer: Kernel-General16: "the access history in hive cleared Windowspowershell etc etc " My Windows 10 is 1809 and 9900K stock. In this time Battlefield 5 crashed without error in event log. Just exitted to desktop itself. My question. That...