Windows 10: Need help with Command Prompt (attrib)

Discus and support Need help with Command Prompt (attrib) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been getting annoying error in a video game because a folder is set to read only. I can change it, I have permissions to, but checking the file again a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Irethius, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Need help with Command Prompt (attrib)

Been getting annoying error in a video game because a folder is set to read only. I can change it, I have permissions to, but checking the file again a second after changing it shows it reverts back to Read Only.

A solution online I found said I can try to use the command prompt to change it, but I can't seem to get the command to work, I just get the error "Parameter format not correct".

https://imgur.com/P0aRdTr

What am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/Irethius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Irethius, Apr 28, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Need help with Command Prompt (attrib) :)

4. Bree Win User

Need help with Command Prompt (attrib)

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Need help with Command Prompt (attrib)

1. Need help with Command Prompt (attrib) - Similar Threads - Need help Command

2. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  3. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  4. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Attrib Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attrib Command: I heard attrib command can delete virus. I haven't try this command before. If I use attrib command to delete virus in system32 by deleting S H R in command prompt. Is attrib command by deleting S H R in system32 in command prompt will damage my PC?...
  6. Attrib Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attrib Command: I heard attrib command can delete virus. I haven't try this command before. If I use attrib command to delete virus in system32 by deleting S H R in command prompt. Is attrib command by deleting S H R in system32 in command prompt will damage my PC?...
  7. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  8. Need Help w/ Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help w/ Command Prompt: Hey guys, I was screwing around with the command prompt properties and now command prompt doesn't work- just shuts down immediately. Can someone go into their command prompt properties and copy paste it in the replies? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/TheTendieRoid...
  9. Folders turn into shortcut but attrib command can't help

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders turn into shortcut but attrib command can't help: Hello everyone.I am having an issue with shortcut virus (I think) on a folder which I have copied from SD card. When the copying was done, I checked and opened the copied files and they were okay, but then the next day the folder turned into a shortcut like this. I have run...
  10. I need help! stuck in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help! stuck in command prompt: i need some help i am in comand prompt and i really dont know what i am doing 83738