Windows 10: Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

Discus and support Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All Symptoms: Shared a folder on my external drive to backup another family members PC over the network, tried to use macirum reflect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMDMan2016, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

Hello All

Symptoms:
    Shared a folder on my external drive to backup another family members PC over the network, tried to use macirum reflect to the image, it seen the PC, but couldn't access the folder, even after entering Admin account & password into on client machine.

Antivirus in use

Windows Defender On The Main Desktop, Laptop, 3rd Family PC currently using Avast Antivirus 19.5 (may switch when 19.6 releases and Avast supposely gonna remove more of it's files when uninstalled, shall see lol--if that ends up being the solution i take on this matter)

Main Desktop just clean installed to fix some issues

Any help is appreciated
    Thank you

:)

AMDMan2016, Jun 21, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error message that you get when connecting using Map Drive?
    2. What is the error message that you get when accessing the Network Share drives?
    3. Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?
    4. What changes were made to the Group Policy in 1809 Version?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to access the Shared Drives.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R Keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following key from the left pane.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System

• Right-click on System > Click on
      New > DWORD.
    • Give the DWORD name as EnableLinkedConnections and the
      Value data to 1.
    • Click on OK > Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.

If the computer is not connected to Domain Network, then I suggest you to please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

If the computer is connected to any Domain Network, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals, who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Network Share Drives on the domain-related computers.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

1. Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 - Similar Threads - Network share issue

2. Windows 11 Pro Network Sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Network Sharing issue.: I have shared the c drive for everyone, on two HP Computers, have enabled SMB File Sharing, and all other relevant Shares, Have Given access to everyone under advanced sharing. I can see the shared Drive, from the other Windows 11 Computer but no matter what I do It will not...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Network Sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Network Sharing issue.: I have shared the c drive for everyone, on two HP Computers, have enabled SMB File Sharing, and all other relevant Shares, Have Given access to everyone under advanced sharing. I can see the shared Drive, from the other Windows 11 Computer but no matter what I do It will not...
  4. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  5. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  6. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  7. Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?

Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?: Is it indeed possible to share files over a "public" network among computers in the same workgroup? If so, are there special tricks to pull this off? I have been advised elsewhere that, "[Microsoft] have broken networking in Windows 10" and that, "if you choose a Public...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1903 not sharing iPhone network via USB tether

Windows 10 Pro 1903 not sharing iPhone network via USB tether: iPhone not recognized as a USB network source Win 10 Pro 1903 This is more of an FYI for others with the same problem and with blackouts somewhat more important. I recall this working last year. Sharing via the USB would be the best choice to get the desktop browsing in a...
  9. Windows 10 1903 networking issue

Windows 10 1903 networking issue: So after the update, or after a 'reset network' process, the 'Network and Internet' - 'STATUS' screen shows 'Not Connected'. However, looking at the 'Ethernet' page, it says I'm connected. Checking the properties of my adapter and this desktop machine is on my local...
  10. Network Discovery Issue - 1903 W10 Pro X64

Network Discovery Issue - 1903 W10 Pro X64: Hi all, I have got a weird intermittent issue with a recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro PC which has been updated from 1803 to 1903. The PC shares a printer and files. Before the upgrade, their hasn't been any issue with the PC until after upgrading to 1903. Ever since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 how to setup computers shares

2. kb4551762 1903 x64 causing issue with shared folders

3. windows 10 1903 known issues network access

4. direct access causing network errors on w10 1903,
  5. nas drive cannnot be seen windoes 10 ver 1903,
  6. cannot view shared printer on network windows 1903,
  7. windows 10 pro 1903 broke network sharing,
  8. Windows 10 Pro version 1903 network folder sharing problems,
  9. win10 1903 not support smb,
  10. share folder with no password prompt 1903,
  11. windows 1o pro 1903 network issues,
  12. windows 10 cannot see nas on network 1903,
  13. error connecting to network shares through windows 10 network explorer after 1903 update,
  14. network sharing version 1903,
  15. windows 10 update 1903 cannot see all shared folders on server