Windows 10: Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.

Discus and support Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had everything networking together and working great with Win 10 1809 prior to doing the upgrade. Now I'm experiencing some issues. All PC's have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FuSchnickens, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.

I had everything networking together and working great with Win 10 1809 prior to doing the upgrade. Now I'm experiencing some issues. All PC's have upgraded to 1903 and I don't see the other computer PC2 on my main computer which I'll call PC1. But on PC 2 I'll see PC1 under network and if I click on it I'll see the users folder and if I click that I see nothing in it. I go into advanced sharing settings and turn off public folders is checked off so I turn it on and save the setting. I reboot try again and keep getting the exact same thing. I go back to advanced sharing settings again and turn off public is checked off again. I turn it on again and save it. Bottom line is that I cannot get the setting to save with turn on public folders. It keeps reverting to turn off public folders setting. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch with Win 10 1903. Why can't I see PC2 on PC1 but I can see vice versa. Has anyone else had these types of issues with Win 101903?

:)

FuSchnickens, Jun 17, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Public Network

It's good to know that you have already contacted your service provider. This helps us to further isolate the issue. Before we can conclude that a hacker has gotten into your computer and making changes to the system, we need to identify first, whether or
    not this is a system issue. There are other Windows 10 users, although not common, who are experiencing the same issue as you and found different resolutions that you can try. Try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the network location using the Settings App.

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Click on Ethernet.
    • Click on the network where you're connected.
    • Turn on the option to Make this PC discoverable. This turns your public network location into a private one.

Method 2: Change the network location using Windows PowerShell.

We have a found a thread with a similar issue to yours. Check the Answer provided by
    NiklasE rlhm in this thread and check if it applies.
    Other Community members have found it helpful.

Method 3: Refresh network adapter connections in Device Manager.

You may follow the steps provided in this article. Note that the steps in the article
    are supposedly for Windows 7, but should still work with Windows 10, although, the step-by-step provided might be a bit different.

Should you encounter any further issues, please do get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Jun 17, 2019
  4. redturtle Win User

Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.

Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10  

Hi Brink and thank you for the welcome Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings. :)

I tried what you suggested but when doing this, i noticed that whenever i am connected to my VPN, the Windows network shows up as "unidentified network" instead of network 1,2,3 or whatever. So when i went into regedit and looked for networks, i found some but none called unidentified.
    There was one network with the value 0 so i changed it to 1 (private) but after checking, my VPN connection still shows as public.

I am not really sure why it says unidentified network in Windows when i am connected to the VPN but it seems that this is the cause for the problem. If i could only find the VPN network in the list of networks in regedit, i think i would be able to change the value to 1.

Hmm..not sure how to proceed with this. Any ideas?

Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings. [​IMG]

redturtle, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.

1. Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings. - Similar Threads - Networking issues since

2. Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private: I have Win10 Home Ver 10.0.19045 Build 19045 I have my xfinity network switched to Private but am running into trouble with switching my VPN from Public to Private. I've been attempting to install GPEdit.msc, and I haven't had the chance to check out windows firewall which...
  3. Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private: I have Win10 Home Ver 10.0.19045 Build 19045 I have my xfinity network switched to Private but am running into trouble with switching my VPN from Public to Private. I've been attempting to install GPEdit.msc, and I haven't had the chance to check out windows firewall which...
  4. Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. public or private network settings

public or private network settings: windows 10, network created as private to enable sharing of network devices, but the public network takes over when rebooting, how to make the private settings stay primary? aslo the subnet pickups up the wifi factory address as 192.168.7.1 and locks to 255.255.255.0 no...
  6. BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys: Back in June 2016 I sought help from this site for a similar problem. I have seen issues with release 1607, 1803 now 1903 I followed all the steps published on the Microsoft websites … ran the MS update troubleshooter, replacing SSU, deleting Anti-Virus, have sought to fix...
  7. win 10 upgrade 1903

win 10 upgrade 1903: i have 1809 x64 win 10 version and windows update tells me that i can upgrade my version to 1903 when i press download and install it runs normally until the installation process when it stops at 82% and give this error Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error...
  8. Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade

Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade: I downloaded and installed the latest Win 10 - 1903 feature upgrade this morning. 1. I was forced to log back in to much of my gaming software. 2. After the upgrade I was left with a light blue glaring desktop background that had to be deleted, it was just too bright...
  9. win 10 changes my network to public

win 10 changes my network to public: hi all win 10 keeps changing my network to public every time i reboot my computer which isn't that often so not sure how long its been doing it,at least 3 weeks. any one got a fix for this. i know how to change it to private but it doesnt stick thank you bradley 127806
  10. Setting public to private networks

Setting public to private networks: I have a VPN for internet traffic which has a virtual adaptor, that is set to private. But the real adaptor is set to a public network and I want to set it to see other devices, therefore I want to change it to private how do I do this in build 1809? Winver says I have win...