Windows 10: New 1TB HDD Partition help

Discus and support New 1TB HDD Partition help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need your help in setting up new hard drive. I am using 120 GB samsung ssd with 1 single primary partition in which i have windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackChmip, Aug 10, 2016.

1. New 1TB HDD Partition help

Hello everyone,

I need your help in setting up new hard drive. I am using 120 GB samsung ssd with 1 single primary partition in which i have windows 10 installed. I have bought another HDD of 1TB and created 4 partition to store data. After creating partition, i saw 3 primary partition and 1 logical partition.

New 1TB HDD Partition help [​IMG]

Please check it yourself. I only use ssd for my OS installation and on my HDD, i just want to store data, that's it.

Please check the screenshot and let me know if these partitions on HDD is ok.

Thanks a lot

:)

BlackChmip, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Rafay106 Win User

Blue Screen error (winload.efi missing or contains error)

Hello,

This is my first time asking question here and sorry for bad english.

PC hardware: i5-7400, mb - Gigabyte H270M-D3H, HDDs - 1tb seagate barracuda and 500gb seagate hdd.

At that time i only had seagate 1tb hdd. I dont know why but my 1tb hdd somehow converted to dynamic disk and i cant install win10 in it, all options are disabled format, delete, next, extend etc. I was installing win10 beccause my old win10 got some error
    and cant be loaded and i formated drive C by cmd ( dont know why, i just thought that could enable next button). So i purchased new 500gb hdd and installed win10 successfully on it and backuped all my data from 1tb hdd to 500gb hdd then i deleted all partitions
    of 1tb and converted it to basic disk with gpt partition style. Then i installed win10 on 1tb hdd and when i tried to copy all data from hdd my pc very slowed down and all partitions of 500gb hdd gone from This pc. Then i tried to boot my pc with 500gb hdd
    and it showed winload.efi missing error and 500gb hdd started makeing clicking sound. Then i changed power cable connted to 500gb hdd (which is unable to load win10 and making clicking sound and can't be shown its partitions when i boot from 1tb hdd) and clicking
    sound is gone and then i booted my pc from 1tb hdd and all partitions are accessible by opening This Pc icon. So i copied all data from 500gb hdd to 1tb hdd. Then i thought i should also install win10 correctly in 500gb (which is showing winload.efi missing
    error) and when i did installed win10 in 500gb hdd i can't boot from 1tb hdd now (it is showing same error winload.efi missing).

I was installing win10 in 500gb hdd again bcz if 1tb hdd shows some error or again converts to dynamic disk so i change boot option and boot from 500gb hdd and backup all data from 1tb hdd and i could try to solve error.

And then i tried to install win10 in 1tb hdd again and it always shows some error, after finishing last step of installation and restarting, like winload.efi is missing and sometimes other files also. I have tried 7-8 times to install win10 in 1tb hdd and
    i can't it always endup in showing some error. But i can install and run window from 500gb hdd. I also deleted all partitions of 1tb hdd and created again after copying all data from 1tb hdd to 500gb hdd but nothing happens.

The reasion is C drive is of 50gb only of 500gb hdd and other left size is D drive in which all my data is currently present.

So please guys help me i want to install win10 in 1tb hdd and make it my primary hdd and i want to use 500gb hdd as secondary hdd for backing up etc.

My current conditiong is i am able to run win10 installed in 500gb hdd and i can't install windows in 1tb hdd

Rafay106, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 refuses to apply new save location settings.

Every time I try to change the save locations for Apps, music, pictures, documents and movies, when I click "Apply", it reverts to the location being "This PC (CNew 1TB HDD Partition help :)". I have

C: (Boot Drive) SDA............................................................................(120GB SSD)

D: (Home Directory and Miscellaneous Storage) SDB...(1TB HDD)

E: (Videos) SDC.....................................................................................(500GB 2.5" HDD)

F: (Games) SDD0..................................................................................(~500GB Partition on 1TB HDD)

G: (Apps) SDD1.....................................................................................(~500GB Partition on 1TB HDD)

I: (Music) SDE0.......................................................................................(140GB Partition on 160GB HDD)

J: (Rip Temp (CDs)) SDE1.................................................................(768MB Partition on 160GB HDD)

L: (System Reserved) SDE2..............................................................(500MB Partition on 160GB HDD)

And approximately 7.5GB un-allocated space on what, for the sake of argument, I'll call SDE3, even though there's no partition there.

My question is, why won't it let me change the locations?

StephenWConklin, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Margister Win User

New 1TB HDD Partition help

It makes little sense to have completely separate partitions for different types of files - just create one partition on your 1TB drive and make individual folders inside

Margister, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Looks good to me.
    If you use OneDrive too, you could also place it's folder on the HDD too, that's what I did, because I have OneDrive synced between 2 PC's and 2 virtual machines, so data is being deleted and written all the time.
    Option 7 in this tutorial: OneDrive - Unlink in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    I have 3 disks installed(2 SSD's and HDD)

New 1TB HDD Partition help [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Grizzly Win User
    looks ok to me. If you do not need more than 4 partitions on the HDD you can make 4 primary partitions. If you want to add another partition beside the 4 you already have, you always can add in the logical partition (gotta reduce the one you have though). Primary partitions are limited to 4, while logical are only limited by the letters of the alphabet AFAIK....

Grizzly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New 1TB HDD Partition help

1. New 1TB HDD Partition help - Similar Threads - 1TB HDD Partition

2. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  3. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  4. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!: HiI just found today that I have a new bitlocker encrypted partition in my PC !! I never created that partition and when I try to open it , it display : Drive K: load key from usb drive !!. I only encypted drive E: with bitlocker but never have drive K: beforeHere is a screen...
  6. New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New encrypted 1TB partition appeared in my PC !!: HiI just found today that I have a new bitlocker encrypted partition in my PC !! I never created that partition and when I try to open it , it display : Drive K: load key from usb drive !!. I only encypted drive E: with bitlocker but never have drive K: beforeHere is a screen...
  7. Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD: Hello all, Ever since the beginning of using my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53, I have experienced stuttering whenever I doany kind of new task such as opening an application, opening a new tab, or even just scrolling through a loaded webpage.After doing a multitude of possible...
  8. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  9. 1TB HDD not Migrated

in Windows 10 Customization
    1TB HDD not Migrated: Why am I seeing this error? New 1TB HDD, and why is Windows not letting me use the HDD. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_ST4000DM&Prod_000-1F2168\4&1f5e0e69&0&040000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  10. Windows 10 Partition Help on 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Partition Help on 1TB HDD: Hi, I've got a 1tb hdd that I solely use for storing movies/video files. Atm it's divided into two partitions, one of them is 390gb and the other is 540gb, but the 390gb partition is full. I'd like to merge these two partitions into one larger partition without losing my...