Windows 10: New app options in start menu

Discus and support New app options in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my laptop, my start menu now has a new look with app options. For example, in Outlook, I can navigate straight to New Email Message (see photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertGrether, Sep 25, 2018.

1. New app options in start menu

On my laptop, my start menu now has a new look with app options. For example, in Outlook, I can navigate straight to New Email Message (see photo attached). However, on my desktop, these options don't appear. I am running the same build of Windows (10.0.17134) on both computers. Any one know what the difference is between these two devices and how to enable on the desktop?

Thanks. New app options in start menu 94d5cb36-cfc0-414a-8756-f4ff4fea3db7?upload=true.png New app options in start menu 7df6a765-7c43-4eec-888a-213679c968de?upload=true.png New app options in start menu f0fdf534-010b-427f-ac11-d8e67746e2ef?upload=true.png

:)

RobertGrether, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 25, 2018
  4. New app options in start menu

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

New app options in start menu

1. New app options in start menu - Similar Threads - app options start

2. What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?: What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?If you click on it not only it doesnt starts the appropiate app's uninstall wizard but it opens the "Uninstall or change a program" window the one that's still the same since windows 7 and...
  3. What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?: What's the point of the "uninstall" option on the context menu of an app on start menu?If you click on it not only it doesnt starts the appropiate app's uninstall wizard but it opens the "Uninstall or change a program" window the one that's still the same since windows 7 and...
  4. New installed apps start menu problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New installed apps start menu problems: So apps newly installed from Internet like teams whatsapp and many others aren't showing up in Start they're no icons for these app so i can't open but they're listed in my app list as installed help please....
  5. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/804392cb-25db-4e9f-a587-c44ae4d45317
  6. Flickering start menu options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering start menu options: I just started having this issue a couple days ago and I'm not even sure how to google the issue to even try to fix it. I have tried unplugging my keyboard to see if it was a weird key being held down issue but no luck. Does anyone have an idea what the issue may be? Also...
  7. How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?: Hello All, After the nightmare update we have all be enjoying, which has reset a lot of my customisation and fonts as well as killing one app, I have also got all my apps showing in my start menu instead of the convenient 'All Apps' button which made my start menu so neat...
  8. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps appearing on Start Menu: The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download updates or not. However I noticed that new apps like People, Phone Companion, Calculator appeared on the start menu after...
  9. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  10. Adding Options To Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Options To Start Menu: I don't know about anyone else but I had a plain looking start menu that was tiny with no options. It's easy to fix.. Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like. I was going to make a tutorial on this but it seemed too...