Windows 10: New Edge Run Download Option

Discus and support New Edge Run Download Option in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Where is the option to run the download instead of saving it? submitted by /u/sarcinelli [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sarcinelli, Mar 20, 2020.

1. New Edge Run Download Option

Where is the option to run the download instead of saving it?

submitted by /u/sarcinelli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sarcinelli, Mar 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 20, 2020
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 20, 2020
  4. New Edge Run Download Option

Download issue with Edge browser

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to download any files through EDGE browser.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    You have to repeat it few times it worked for me hope it will help you to reset the Microsoft edge browser.

The download option will be available on the EDGE browser at the top right corner. Click on Hub (three horizontal symbol) and click on Downloads, there you will be able to click on Downloads folder and check where the download
    files are getting saved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

New Edge Run Download Option

1. New Edge Run Download Option - Similar Threads - Edge Run Download

2. Why are Multiple versions of the "new" Edge browser running ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are Multiple versions of the "new" Edge browser running ?: I have one PC, with one monitor, and only need to view one browser page. Since the New Edge, loading page takes longer, and any pictures/video takes longer. I have seen as many as 15 Edge's running using Task Manger. Are they in conflict with each other? Am I suppose to...
  3. New Chromium Edge running 29 tasks??

in Browsers and Email
    New Chromium Edge running 29 tasks??: I only had 3 tabs open, (one of the tabs to businessinsider dot com) trying to watch a video on business insider, and the video was buffering big time. I looked at task manager and there are 29 instances of Edge running! Is that normal? 163157
  4. New EDGE Clearing Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    New EDGE Clearing Options: I have turned off all clearing options because I want the userids to be saved so I do not have to enter them every time I visit a website. Now that all seems to be running ok except this little problem ... what is the edge setting that I want to be off so userids can be saved...
  5. New EDGE download

in Browsers and Email
    New EDGE download: I am using 1909 I tried 3 times to download EDGE and each time there were different results. This time it completely destroyed the favorites bar, knocked me off SKYPE and left me the IE 11, and removed all aps . I had to install Java to get IE working and that is where I am....
  6. Can't download new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download new Microsoft Edge: When I go to download the new Edge on Microsoft's website, I'm met with a 500 Error. It's as if the website does not exist or is taken down. Is this suppose to happen? submitted by /u/WigglyWastebin [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to download extensions on the new Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download extensions on the new Edge: So I upgraded my old edge to the new Chromium Edge. Everything is fine. But I am unable to install anything from MS extension store. Clicking on the extensions from the "..." menu opens the extensions page in the browser itself and not in the store app. The page says "try the...
  8. Edge will not download other browser options correctly .

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not download other browser options correctly .: Every time I try to download other browsers "Edge" comes back with a message "it couldn't be downloaded" and then when I retry I often get incomplete results with an "htm" on the end. Any ideas Thanks 23414
  9. Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option: We all know that IE, Firefox, etc have the option to copy the download link of an ongoing download job. But it seems Microsoft had something really great in mind and has apparently removed that feature from Microsoft Edge *Huh I wonder wheres the 'Edge'?? Can someone...
  10. Run Option in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Run Option in Edge: In other version of Windows IE could run a file instead of downloading it. Is that option available in Edge? 12198