Windows 10: New folder icons missing

Discus and support New folder icons missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I was using Folder Marker for sometime and then i decided to uninstall it. Upon which some of new folder icons were missing. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by damster96, May 19, 2017.

1. damster96 Win User

New folder icons missing

Hey Guys,

I was using Folder Marker for sometime and then i decided to uninstall it. Upon which some of new folder icons were missing. I tried rebuilding Icon Cache and thumbnail cache but it didnt help much. Ive posted the screenshot below. I'm on Windows 10 Home Creator's Update edition. Please help me to sort this out.

thanks in advance

New folder icons missing [​IMG]

:)

damster96, May 19, 2017
  2. teppot Win User

N8 and several software icons missing - not a reboot issue

Hi,

On my N8 several software icons are missing and reboot of the device will not help on this. This issue started after the first Anna update. Some icons that are missing are old SW installations before Anna update, but also some of the new software installations
    are missing icons too. Some random icons are missing from main view and software menu too. To move the icon from one location/folder to other will not help to get icon(s) back. To start the target SW by pointing an empty icon works. Scrolling a long view on
    having several icons + missing icons was very slow and after I moved all missing icons to separate view/folder scrolling the main SW view is now ok but missing icons dilemma is not solved. Attached image is from the folder to where is moved all missing icons.
    Damn, I don´t wan't to reset the device.

Scr000013.jpg

teppot, May 19, 2017
  3. raph22fr Win User
    N8 : change folder icons

Hi, How can we change folder icons ?

Some have nice icons like "web tv", "tools", ... But new folders all have the same yellow icon.

I miss the "audio/multimedia" folder we had on 5800XP New folder icons missing :(

If that's not currently possible, I hope it will be one day !

raph22fr, May 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

New folder icons missing

Hi,
    1. What happens if you do this and customise the icon? Does that still work? And do you see the yellow folder icon there (bottom left)?

New folder icons missing [​IMG]

2. Clarification: When you create a new folder now, is the one you create as you show above, or are you referring to a New folder you had created before you uninstalled the program?

3. And how are you creating a new folder- what are you clicking on?

4. Try this even if it seems unobvious:
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

(add)

dalchina, May 19, 2017
Thema:

New folder icons missing

1. New folder icons missing - Similar Threads - folder icons missing

2. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  3. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some missing desktop icons and folders

Some missing desktop icons and folders: I had a shock a few days ago when I switched on my PC Windows 10 +all updates and booted up to the desktop. Instead of the usual 10 or so Icons, there were only 5 Icons. Even worse, when I started Windows Explorer, I found that My Documents was completely empty. Not a single...
  6. Unable to create new folders & Folder option missing "customize" which allows icons to be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create new folders & Folder option missing "customize" which allows icons to be...: updated to windows 10 pro .works well but since installed i cannot create new folders either on desktop or in any my sub-folders.I also have create some personal icons and previousely customized these folders with these new icons since upgrade, most of these folders have...
  7. PCs icons missing in Network Folders

PCs icons missing in Network Folders: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my Home network. Every PCs can access each others. However the PCs icons are missing in the Network folder in file explorer. To access a PC I have to type \\PC1, or \\PC-2, or \\PC-3, \\PC-4 to access each PC shared folders in the address bar or click...
  8. desktop icons folders missing

desktop icons folders missing: I accidently pushed something all my icons on desktop are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-folders-missing/527a04e5-6679-4ef3-9c15-69ae680eed23
  9. New folder option missing

New folder option missing: Despite carrying out all the suggestions I'v seen here and elsewhere to correct "New Folder" option not working including {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719} I still have the same problem. What else can i do to correct the above....
  10. "Downloads" folder icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downloads" folder icon missing: Hello all,I'm Aaron and I'm new in here. Nice to meet you all! xDI was at Google searching for a solution for my problem when I found you, guys. I looked everywhere, searched all tenforums.com, but couldn't find an answer. :SMy "Downloads" folder...