Windows 10: new highlights

Discus and support new highlights in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all. Does anyone know if there is a switch to stop the Windows 10 start menu from showing newly installed programs like this [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nt62, Nov 15, 2016.

1. nt62 Win User

new highlights

Hello all.

Does anyone know if there is a switch
    to stop the Windows 10 start menu
    from showing newly installed programs

like this

new highlights [​IMG]

Also, does anyone find that a newly installed listing may be
    blocked from use until a sign out or a restart of explorer?

thanks

:)

2. MarkTebb Win User

How can I edit 'highlights' in new Photo App update (Nov 2016)

Did you even read my question? I want to know information regarding the new update (Nov 2016) that just came out for the photo app. You sent me a link that is for the old app. Again I am wanting to know how to change the highlights in a picture (as well
    as shadows) in this new update version. I cannot see a button to do that anymore and am pretty frustrated so far with the update! Its way more slow, and the rotation editing doesn't work!

MarkTebb, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Auto correct not working

Have a new Dell. Have turned on the Highlight misspelled words & auto correct. Highlights appear but no auto correct.

aaronand Sara, Nov 15, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

new highlights

Brink, Nov 15, 2016
  5. nt62 Win User
    Thanks ... am aware of that setting.

It's the actual installation listing >
    example > install a program > the program is listed in the start menu
    the program has a header listed with several sub listings >
    all are listed as NEW and stay until all are clicked

This seems to be a problem carried over from Windows 8.1

example: If one installs 7 programs, then as many as 7 plus all sub links are listed as NEW.

AND, these listings may be blocked > NO effect from clicking until signing out or restarting explorer.

new highlights [​IMG]

6. nt62 Win User
    Was bugged by 10 and server > both using builds 14393 seem buggy.
    Currently running Windows 7 on another device.

Doesn't that fix only apply to the "recently added" view?

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's correct. The setting I posted will only affect the "Recent added" section in All Apps.

The only way that I know of to remove "New" from a listed app is to open the app.

Brink, Nov 15, 2016
  8. nt62 Win User

new highlights

Problem solved > not really > fixed however > installed alternate start menu

nt62, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

new highlights

1. new highlights - Similar Threads - highlights

2. Mouse left-click items in Task manager doesn't highlight the item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left-click items in Task manager doesn't highlight the item: Recently, I noticed by chance how I'm unable to highlight any items in Task Manager by left-clicking with the mouse. Same issue reagardless what category I try, like startup apps, processes etc.I learned the item I click actually is selected. Because after clicking let's say...
  3. Mouse left-click items in Task manager doesn't highlight the item

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left-click items in Task manager doesn't highlight the item: Recently, I noticed by chance how I'm unable to highlight any items in Task Manager by left-clicking with the mouse. Same issue reagardless what category I try, like startup apps, processes etc.I learned the item I click actually is selected. Because after clicking let's say...
  4. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  5. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  6. Clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text I'm writing a book and need to do quite a lot of copy and paste !!!...
  7. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  8. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  9. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. in my laptop there is no showing the search highlights but i enabled in the settings and i...

in my laptop there is no showing the search highlights but i enabled in the settings and i...: can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-there-is-no-showing-the-search/6a886431-8cae-4343-b2fa-d9c79d5ccd21