Windows 10: Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by XP1, Dec 2, 2015.

1. XP1
    XP1 Win User

Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

The Recently added list on your Start menu shows the latest new desktop apps and Windows apps installed.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, the Recently added section has been updated so that it will now show 3 entries instead of just 1, and can be expanded to see the entire list of new apps.

This tutorial will show you how to remove apps from the Recently added apps group, and how to completely turn on or off the Recently added group on your Start menu in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Remove Specific App from Recently added List in Start Menu
    • Option Two: To Clear All Apps from Recently added List in Start Menu
    • Option Three: To Add or Remove Recently added Group on Start Menu

EXAMPLE: 'Recently added' apps list in Start Menu

Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove Specific App from Recently added List in Start Menu
    This option will let you remove individual app(s) from the Recently added list on your Start menu. Recently added will then show the previous last recently added app.

1 Open your Start menu *Start.

2 Right click or press and hold on the app you want to remove listed under Recently added, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Remove from this list. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Clear All Apps from Recently added List in Start Menu
    This option will clear the Recently added list on your Start menu, and remove Recently added on the Start menu until you install an app next to show in the list.

1 Open your Start menu *Start.

2 Right click or press and hold on any app listed under Recently added, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Clear list. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add or Remove Recently added Group on Start Menu
    This option will let you completely add or remove the Recently added group on your Start menu.

1 Open the Settings app, and click/tap on Personalization.

2 Click/tap on Start on the left side, and turn on (add - default) or off (remove) Show recently added apps on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Recently added apps not on the start menu, settings are set to show recently added apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can. This problem can occour if the files is corrupted during download.

First I suggest you to perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if that helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Nachappa C K, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Recently added apps not on the start menu, settings are set to show recently added apps

In Windows 10, I have my settings set to show recently added apps. The word new appears in the start menu next to all apps icon but when I open the start menu the word new does not appear next to any of the apps or folders and when I open each folder, the
    word new does not appear in there either. So how am I supposed to figure out which apps are new and which apps are old? Do I have to memorize all the apps and then when I get a new one I say to myself oh I never saw that one before, it must be new. IDIOTS!

Thanking you in advance,

BeverlyHVK, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello XP1,

Be careful. Deleting anything in the TileDataLayer folder can often break live tiles on Start.

Brink, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Leandro Win User
    Can we have a .reg file to disable recently added and most used items from start menu, please?

Leandro, Dec 18, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Leandro, *Smile

I'm afraid that recently added is not set via the registry to be able to use a .reg file. For now, you can turn it off in Settings using OPTION TWO in the tutorial above.

OPTION THREE in the tutorial below can let you do so with most used using a .reg file though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option3

Brink, Dec 18, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Dec 18, 2015
  8. premier69 Win User

I don't want to remove the recently added group, I want to make it more useful by allowing more than 1 program in that list, how do I choose a higher number?

premier69, Jan 7, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 7, 2016
  10. Macco26 Win User
    It seems my Windows installation disregard anything I set for "Show recently Added apps". It does not show anything. Despite I've installed some apps and win32 programs.

The PC is brand new and if I remember I had this viewable in the first days. I don't remember if it was in another account though (I had to recreate another from scratch).
    Latest official build updated and nothing has changed.
    Anything where I can investigate into?

Macco26, Jan 27, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Macco,

I'm not sure of what else to check. If you have this turned on, it should show recently added apps in Start. Sometimes it may take a bit to show up, but it should.

Brink, Jan 27, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    UPDATE:

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the Recently added section has been updated so that it will now show 3 entries instead of just 1, and can be expanded to see the entire list of new apps.

Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  13. Macco26 Win User

I've not wrote before, but some cumulative update of some time ago (the past or the other before) seems have already solved this in my current TH2 build (1 row, of course) without me doing anything.
    Thanks Brink as always.

Macco26, Apr 27, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news Macco. Thank you for posting back with your results. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Recently

2. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  3. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  4. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  5. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion: Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to automatically clear so it can give room for newcomers after some period. But I want the items in the list to never get auto-deleted so when I expand the list, I can scroll through all of my installed apps over time. How...
  6. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  7. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...
  8. Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Recently added list on your Start menu shows the latest new desktop apps and Windows apps installed. Starting with...
  9. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10...
  10. Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recently added apps uninstall

2. WIN10 REMOVE RECENTLY ADDED apps from start menu

3. remove contents of recently added start menu

4. how to delete recently added apps,
  5. how to add tools to recently added in start menu