Windows 10: New icons after update.. what are they?

Discus and support New icons after update.. what are they? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently updated my windows and after transferring some files from hard drive I see these new icons next to files, they are showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2fan, Dec 20, 2017.

1. 2fan Win User

New icons after update.. what are they?

Hello everyone.
    I recently updated my windows and after transferring some files from hard drive I see these new icons next to files, they are showing up next to all files that I have copied to my desktop. Can someone please explain what it means and how to get rid of it

Thanks

New icons after update.. what are they? [​IMG]

:)

2. Strange icon after update of Nokia Lumia920

Top left on the display there are icons for 4G receiving and WiFi connection.

After updating OS a new icon is shown to the right of those two mentioned above.

It is a white square with three black horizontal lines, the middle one shorter.

Another new thing is a white dot blinking every now and then between 4G and WiFi icons.

What do these thing indicate?

Is there any information about what's new in the updated Windows 8 Phone OS?

Seppo Levonen, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Creators Update - what are the new Features, please?

Strange - I've just received this pop-up from Microsoft about checks they want to carry out
    before Creators is installed.

I presume it's a hiccup (huge job etc.), that it's OK for me to go through these steps and that when I've completed them they won't try to install Creators again! Any thoughts please?

New icons after update.. what are they? [​IMG]

Taffy087, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

They look like the Remote storage icons for Onedrive - There was a change with the FCU, allowing files to be held both locally and remotely, and also just remotely (to save space on smaller devices). The green tick item is still used for files kept in remote and local a cloud icon for those that are only on the Net, and the Icon you display for those that need synchronizing. Other systems may use the same overlays, Google Drive, Dropbox Etc

Use the Onedrive controls to select which files and folders are controlled by the Onedrive system

Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

There are lots more In Tutorials here for different aspects of Onedrive

Barman58, Dec 20, 2017
  5. 2fan Win User
    Your were right, I disabled Onedrive and they are gone.
    Thanks for help

2fan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New icons after update.. what are they? - Similar Threads - icons update are

2. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the new icon in the Search bar?: Recently, you might observe a new icon next to the search icon in the taskbar next to the "Type here to search" and this icon will change whenever you are connected to the internet. For example, you might see an icon like the following:This is a new behavior of Windows and...
  3. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the new icon in the Search bar?: Recently, you might observe a new icon next to the search icon in the taskbar next to the "Type here to search" and this icon will change whenever you are connected to the internet. For example, you might see an icon like the following:This is a new behavior of Windows and...
  4. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

6. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Cortana
  7. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  8. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  9. What is this new Icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this new Icon?: 21H1 19043.1023 Hello Forum, What does this new icon and why is having problems loading my feeds? Can I uninstall it? Thanks 180107
  10. No new icons after version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No new icons after version 2004 update: Hello, everyone... I have a question related to an array of new icons recently introduced to Windows 10. Speaking frankly, I really like to see the new appearance of Windows 10's icons as I've seen in Youtube and several websites. Because of this, I then decided to update my...