Windows 10: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10

Discus and support Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 OneDrive is free online storage that comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10

How to: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10

How to Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10

OneDrive is free online storage that comes included with Windows 10 and used with your Microsoft account. Save your files to OneDrive, and you'll be able to get to them from any PC, tablet, or phone.

By default, you can choose which folders to sync in OneDrive with your PC. Windows 10 stores your OneDrive folder in your account's %UserProfile% folder (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") by default.

This tutorial will show you how to sync any folder to OneDrive that is not already in OneDrive for your account in Windows 10.

Thank you to our member cereberus for providing this idea.

Here's How:

1 Open a command prompt.

2 Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Folder Name" "Full path of source folder"

Substitute Full path of source folder in the command above with the actual full path of the folder (ex: "F:\Example Folder") you want to sync with your OneDrive.

Substitute Folder Name in the command above with the folder name (ex: "Example Folder") you want to show in OneDrive. This folder is a junction point of the source folder. It would be best to use the same name as the source folder to help know what it's linked to.

For example: mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Example Folder" "F:\Example Folder"

Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3 The source folder (ex: "F:\Example Folder") will now be synced with your OneDrive (ex: "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Example Folder"). Anything you copy, save, and delete in either of these two folders will also be applied to the other folder. (see screenshots below)

If you want to undo this junction point and stop syncing the source folder with your OneDrive, you would only delete the folder (ex: "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Example Folder") in your OneDrive folder. This will not delete the source folder (ex: "F:\Example Folder"), but will also delete it from your online OneDrive.

(Source folder location)

(OneDrive locations)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 20, 2017
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Caledon Ken, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sync Folder OneDrive

2. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  3. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  5. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  6. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  8. OneDrive Sync to specifc folders

OneDrive Sync to specifc folders: Hi. I'm trying to use a single OneDrive account to sync to a number of PC's and a NAS but only specific files/folders. The NAS does this perfectly but One Drive wants to synchronize files I don't want. The issue is and I see this as huge failing, there is a potential to hold...
  9. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  10. OneDrive files/folder sync

OneDrive files/folder sync: How do I get a newly created (by me) Video folder in OneDrive to save new content and sync with My PC >Video folder? Currently new video content is saved in QneDrive >Camera roll. OneDrive version 19.070.0410.0007 [ATTACH]...