Windows 10: New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot

Discus and support New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed Windows 10 Pro 1809 and I only have one problem, and that is with booting. After a complete shutdown Windows will not boot on the first try.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Feb 9, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot

Installed Windows 10 Pro 1809 and I only have one problem, and that is with booting. After a complete shutdown Windows will not boot on the first try. The logo comes on, but the progression circle does not. So I must reset/reboot and then the computer boots properly into Windows.

To provide a complete picture, this is a dual boot Windows/Linux Mint 19.1 installation using Grub. But is not a Grub issue. Windows behaved this was even before Linux was installed.

:)

ineuw, Feb 9, 2019
  2. 4747 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4747, Feb 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot - Similar Threads - installation never boots

2. PC only boots up sometimes; Not booting on first try

in Windows 10 News
    PC only boots up sometimes; Not booting on first try: [IMG]Have you ever experienced a frustrating situation when you press the power button On, your Windows computer boots up sometimes and never boots the first time? You try again and again, and it finally starts. This is an issue that many people have faced. In this post, we...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only at first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only at first boot: For a solid week now I've been having issues while booting my pc.Everytime I turn on the PC in the morning I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod. This happens only at first boot thought, if I reboot the PC it works just as usual. In the past months I've been been dealing...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only at first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only at first boot: For a solid week now I've been having issues while booting my pc.Everytime I turn on the PC in the morning I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod. This happens only at first boot thought, if I reboot the PC it works just as usual. In the past months I've been been dealing...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only at first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD only on first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only on first boot: I've got a problem with my PC crashing only on the first boot. Basically I turn it on, it works for a 10-15-30min and then suddenly crashes. Sometimes it crashes while i'm doing something chrome, games, word, basically any program but it also crashes when i'm doing nothing no...
  7. BSOD only on first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only on first boot: I've got a problem with my PC crashing only on the first boot. Basically I turn it on, it works for a 10-15-30min and then suddenly crashes. Sometimes it crashes while i'm doing something chrome, games, word, basically any program but it also crashes when i'm doing nothing no...
  8. BSOD only on first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot: Hi all, This is a brand new PC build. Here are the parts used: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 Motherboard: MSI Mortar B550 RAM: 8X2 Gb Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GVKC Video Card: Nvidia RTX 2060 Storage: Western Digital m.2 It posts fine and I am able to enter BIOS...
  10. Bluetooth speakers never connect on the first try

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speakers never connect on the first try: Hey folks, I have a UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker. Every time I try to connect it to my laptop, it always takes at least a good half hour and multiple attempts to connect the speakers. When I turn on the speakers and turn on Bluetooth on my computer the settings will...