Windows 10: New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot

Discus and support New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed Windows 10 Pro 1809 and I only have one problem, and that is with booting. After a complete shutdown Windows will not boot on the first try.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Feb 9, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot

Installed Windows 10 Pro 1809 and I only have one problem, and that is with booting. After a complete shutdown Windows will not boot on the first try. The logo comes on, but the progression circle does not. So I must reset/reboot and then the computer boots properly into Windows.

To provide a complete picture, this is a dual boot Windows/Linux Mint 19.1 installation using Grub. But is not a Grub issue. Windows behaved this was even before Linux was installed.

:)

ineuw, Feb 9, 2019
  2. 4747 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4747, Feb 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. New installation never boots on first try, only after a reboot - Similar Threads - installation never boots

2. Bluetooth speakers never connect on the first try

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speakers never connect on the first try: Hey folks, I have a UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker. Every time I try to connect it to my laptop, it always takes at least a good half hour and multiple attempts to connect the speakers. When I turn on the speakers and turn on Bluetooth on my computer the settings will...
  3. Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD: Hi, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it. I cloned my current SSD onto the new SSD, then installed it into my laptop. When it started my laptop again, everything...
  4. Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot: For about a year now, a Synaptics Driver /has been installing through Windows Update nearly everyday, or every time Windows checked for Updates. It is the same driver every single time, dated 8/16/2017. [ATTACH] At some point it began restarting my computer every night,...
  5. My first try

in Windows 10 Customization
    My first try: A picture I added my touch to [img] 65549
  6. Only starts after reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only starts after reboot: Hi, After a complete and normal shutdown my PC start and hangs out with the Windows logo and round circles for ours. After doing a lot of reading and moving around, have detected that my systems starts perfectly ONLY when starts after a system reboot. This also happens...
  7. Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot

Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot: I have recently been trying to upgrade to windows 10 on a used alienware aurora r3 pc. I got my reservation, checked the windows 10 app every day, and finally, I was ready to get the upgrade, but I'm having issues installing it. After windows update downloads everything and I...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD after first reboot

Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD after first reboot: I am running win 8.1 64 bit. I have been trying to upgrade to win10 x64. I have tried both RS3 and RS4 builds. I have tried several times. I am able to get the upgrade to complete. However, each time after I do a first reboot after windows boots into windows10 and finishes...
  9. Win10 ISO install hangs at first reboot

Win10 ISO install hangs at first reboot: Wiped and repartitioned the drive and formated ntfs, made a bootable usb stick with ISO, it seems to install, but when the machine gets to the first reboot, it hangs with the cursor flashing in the upper left corner. This happens whether the usb stick is left in the machine...
  10. Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck: I upgraded to win 10 today from 7. After rebooting my screen now shows windows wallpaper (one of their scenic view wallpaper) as I had a custom picture and it displays the date and time in the left corner. See attached picture. I have no cursor and the keyboard doesn't work....