Windows 10: New institute explores the future of Cortana

Discus and support New institute explores the future of Cortana in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today marks the establishment of the Cortana Intelligence Institute – a new, co-funded collaboration between Microsoft Research, Cortana Research and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New institute explores the future of Cortana

Source: New institute explores the future of Cortana - Microsoft Research

Brink, Jan 31, 2018
  2. Cr00zng Win User

From the link above:

That's a bit too ambitious for me and it would be nice, if there would be an easy way to disable Cortana...

:)

Cr00zng, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Windows 10 education edition

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The licensing agreement differs from institution to institution. I would suggest you to contact dreamspark for more information about the licensing agreement.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 31, 2018
  4. New institute explores the future of Cortana

new idea for a future version of the pc suite

not really, in itunes you can set an auto sync for everything but not one folder. but being a sync that would still pick up your new podcasts (wouldnt be to slow if you are not using a full 60gb for instance) New institute explores the future of Cortana ;)

you can do the same with windows media player 10, so maybe there is no need to do this for pc suite?

sister_bliss, Jan 31, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 31, 2018
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Easy is relative...

A simple radio dial and/or check mark to disable Cortana is easy. Hunting down group policy and/or registry settings are not for everyone.

By the way...

Your tutorial is excellent, maybe it should have more details on how to access the group policy editor. Logging in as administrator is one way, but running the policy editor as an administrator with a standard user account logged in works just as well.

Cr00zng, Feb 1, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you. The link in step 1 of Option 1 will include all that information.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New institute explores the future of Cortana

1. New institute explores the future of Cortana - Similar Threads - institute explores future

2. Institute management system software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Institute management system software: Here we are introducing a new Lms software for your Institution, Progbiz For educational institutions, a learning management system acts as the best option for efficient learning in this pandemic situation. Our best institute management system software in India has many...
  3. Institute management system software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Institute management system software: Here we are introducing a new Lms software for your Institution, Progbiz For educational institutions, a learning management system acts as the best option for efficient learning in this pandemic situation. Our best institute management system software in India has many...
  4. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer: Today I went to a folder in my Downloads, and the folders last modified date was 7/21/2185. I did not modify the folder in any way, please tell me what is going on![ATTACH]...
  5. For Changing cortana language,In future there can be a problem or not

in Cortana
    For Changing cortana language,In future there can be a problem or not: By changing the cortana language form default language to other language. In case In future there can be problem in cortana for changing cortana language...
  6. Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future: Microsoft insists Cortana for Windows 10 is here to stay and improvements for the digital assistant are planned. Microsoft recently added a new version of Cortana to the Microsoft Store and a new patent from the Redmond giant has revealed that Cortana might get better at...
  7. Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

Cortana and Edge, not Explorer: I want my Cortana to use Edge for web searches, not Explorer. I cannot finding anything in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/cortana-and-edge-not-explorer/a2926409-4f66-4b96-8bc5-dd78dbaa37d4
  8. Future of Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Future of Internet Explorer: Hi, I got confused about Microsoft Edge vs Internet Explorer. Is Edge engine based on IE's? / Does Edge depends on IE? Will IE still be developed or it has been discontinued? IE API can be used in 3rd party apps: Windows Scripting Host, as an embedded app, ... What now?...
  9. Cortana and Future?

Cortana and Future?: recently I read more about Cortana in random websites and according to them she is still in beta phase /alpha phase in certain regions and it's still not available for most of regions, Cortana analyzes the way we type, our voices and the data in our PC and sends them to...
  10. Microsoft Imagine for Institutions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Imagine for Institutions: What is Microsoft Imagine? Microsoft Imagine is the program that provides collegiate student developers, especially those who attend top CS universities, with the tools, resources and experiences needed to turn innovative ideas into reality. Welcome to Microsoft...