Windows 10: New Library

Discus and support New Library in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to establish a New Library for Win 10 info and shortcuts. I successively create Library, I open it and get dialogue "include... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rayal, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Rayal Win User

New Library

Hello,
    I am trying to establish a New Library for Win 10 info and shortcuts.
    I successively create Library, I open it and get dialogue "include folder"
    I create and include a new folder.My problem is if I then delete folder from original position, it also deletes from New Library. This apparently means I can never delete original folder and so will always have two copies of the new folder. Is there a workround to overcome this?
    I can "move" the new folder to an existing Library(Docs, music, etc) without any problem.Maybe I am doing something wrong,any help appreciated
    Thanx

:)

Rayal, Apr 9, 2017

2. How to add a Library in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to know how to create a Library in Windows 10. We’ll certainly help you with this.

Try one of the following methods to create a Library.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer
    and click on Libraries.

2. Right click on an empty area in the Libraries window, click on New, and click on
    Library.

3. Name the new library and include/add folders to the new library.

Method 2: New Library using File Explorer Ribbon.

1. Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer
    and click on Libraries.

2. Click on the Home tab, click on New item in the ribbon, and click on
    Library.

3. Name the new library and include/add folders to the new library.

Hope this will help you. Post back if you need further assistance. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 9, 2017
  3. GracePun Win User
    Removing an accidental shortcut of a Library

Hi,

I have accidentally created another library of my documents library and have moved it to the Pictures Library. How can I delete the new library without deleting the original Document Library?

Thanks

GracePun, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Library

Brink, Apr 9, 2017
Thema:

New Library

1. New Library - Similar Threads - Library

2. How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...: How can I move a song from my iTunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung Music library on my Galaxy S10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-a-song-from-my-itunes-library-on-my/6648df12-acf7-4492-9118-21a1bcff9963
  3. How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...: How can I move a song from my iTunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung Music library on my Galaxy S10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-a-song-from-my-itunes-library-on-my/6648df12-acf7-4492-9118-21a1bcff9963
  4. How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...: i accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how can I delete all the copies without having to do them one by one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-made-a-copy-of-every-photo-in-my/9bf98431-f699-42b0-855b-b999aeb86320
  6. I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...

I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...: i accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how can I delete all the copies without having to do them one by one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-made-a-copy-of-every-photo-in-my/9bf98431-f699-42b0-855b-b999aeb86320
  7. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add network drive folders to a library: I have four shared folders from the same Windows 10 Home machine, all the same permissions. Each shared folder is a separate drive volume custom letters, I:\, M:\, R:\, V:\. I am able to successfully set them up as network drives on two other Windows 10 Home machines, but...
  8. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

Unable to add network drive folders to a library: I have four shared folders from the same Windows 10 Home machine, all the same permissions. Each shared folder is a separate drive volume custom letters, I:\, M:\, R:\, V:\. I am able to successfully set them up as network drives on two other Windows 10 Home machines, but...
  9. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...

I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...: I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle for music audio or video then it only plays the first 2 songs and then stops playing.It's fine on my phone but on my pc both streaming and downloaded only play the first two songs then it...