Windows 10: new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup

Discus and support new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every week or two there's a new logon screen image, with the question "Like what you see" or something close to that. At the same time as this new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Jul 5, 2016.

1. rocket777 Win User

new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup

Every week or two there's a new logon screen image, with the question "Like what you see" or something close to that.

At the same time as this new image appears, the setting for requiring a password on wake up,

(via -> power options, choose what the power buttons do, change settings that are currently unavailable)

changes from don't require a password to require one. Is there a way to stop this from resetting - or sans that, is there a way to stop downloading a new image as that seems to be the trigger that resets my password setting.

:)

rocket777, Jul 5, 2016
  2. S.S_M Win User

"Require a password on wakeup" setting is ignored. (Windows 10)

On Surface Pro 3 and other tablets, Windows 10 ignore the "require a password on wakeup" and "if you've been away, when should Windows require you to song in again?" settings. Even when they are set to "Don't require a password" and "never" respectively,
    the lock screen still prompt for the password.

The only workaround is to disable the lock screen entirely.

Other users have noted the same issue:

Disable require password on wakeup (Windows 10)

Password after waking from sleep

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

S.S_M, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Dannfort Win User
    Password not required on wakeup not working

I have "don't require a password" set for the password required on wakeup, but I continually am asked for a password / pin every time I either come from wakeup or when using the close lid or power button. I am using the device all the time and don't need
    it to ask me for a password / pin every time I turn the screen off and back on to save battery.

Dannfort, Jul 5, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

In Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Background, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight:

new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup [​IMG]

This stops Windows Spotlight changing the lock screen background.

Kari, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Alphavet Win User
    Check your Windows on viruses.
    This is not default windows behavior.

Alphavet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup - Similar Threads - logon screen image

2. required password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    required password reset: I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four digits of my cell phone number. I then received a text and entered the code provided, which took me to a screen to enter my...
  3. Does WIn10 upgrade require a new password reset disk?

Does WIn10 upgrade require a new password reset disk?: I upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 pro a little while ago. This was an upgrade not a clean install. Do I need to remake my password resets ? I currently have one for every user on every machine. 143703
  4. Factory reset requires password but don't have it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset requires password but don't have it: Why did the instructions for resetting my computer not say, "You will need your password, not your PIN for this process."????? I haven't used my password for a year and a half, but I have my PIN. However, that won't work!!!!! What do I do?...
  5. Blue Screen on logon for a new Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen on logon for a new Install: I've recently built a new computer. Here's the build. I installed Windows 10 and when I logon, I get BSoD every single time. I've seen it throw many type of errors, here are a few that happen most frequently, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA...
  6. [Password protection on wakeup] - Is set to 'Required' more secure?

[Password protection on wakeup] - Is set to 'Required' more secure?: When I upgraded to Win10 from Win 8.1 this value changed to [Required], which is a pain because I like to just hit the spacebar and have the machine ready without the extra fuss (many times a day.) No one untrusted has physical access to the machine, but it wakes up at 4am...
  7. How Not to Enter Password Wakeup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Not to Enter Password Wakeup: Some might say, Windows 10 home can be frustrating. Ok!, When my desktop goes to sleep, I have to enter my password on wakeup. I've searched all over the internet...and that includes www.tenforurs.com and printed out some thirty pages on how it can be done, but, no luck. I...
  8. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  9. Passwords not recognised, reset required

Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...
  10. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...