Windows 10: new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup

Discus and support new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every week or two there's a new logon screen image, with the question "Like what you see" or something close to that. At the same time as this new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Jul 5, 2016.

1. rocket777 Win User

new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup

Every week or two there's a new logon screen image, with the question "Like what you see" or something close to that.

At the same time as this new image appears, the setting for requiring a password on wake up,

(via -> power options, choose what the power buttons do, change settings that are currently unavailable)

changes from don't require a password to require one. Is there a way to stop this from resetting - or sans that, is there a way to stop downloading a new image as that seems to be the trigger that resets my password setting.

:)

rocket777, Jul 5, 2016
  2. S.S_M Win User

"Require a password on wakeup" setting is ignored. (Windows 10)

On Surface Pro 3 and other tablets, Windows 10 ignore the "require a password on wakeup" and "if you've been away, when should Windows require you to song in again?" settings. Even when they are set to "Don't require a password" and "never" respectively,
    the lock screen still prompt for the password.

The only workaround is to disable the lock screen entirely.

Other users have noted the same issue:

Disable require password on wakeup (Windows 10)

Password after waking from sleep

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

S.S_M, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Dannfort Win User
    Password not required on wakeup not working

I have "don't require a password" set for the password required on wakeup, but I continually am asked for a password / pin every time I either come from wakeup or when using the close lid or power button. I am using the device all the time and don't need
    it to ask me for a password / pin every time I turn the screen off and back on to save battery.

Dannfort, Jul 5, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

In Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Background, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight:

new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup [​IMG]

This stops Windows Spotlight changing the lock screen background.

Kari, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Alphavet Win User
    Check your Windows on viruses.
    This is not default windows behavior.

Alphavet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. new logon screen image causes reset of password requirement on wakeup - Similar Threads - logon screen image

2. Windows 11 logon requires password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  3. Windows 11 logon requires password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  4. Windows 10 - Self Service Password Reset on logon screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Self Service Password Reset on logon screen: Dear,We're trying to enable the SSPR feature at logon on our windows 10 pc. le SSPR Azure.We've read the following article:Self-service password reset for Windows devices - Azure Active Directory - Microsoft Entra Microsoft DocsThe link is activated, when we are clicking on...
  5. Windows 10 - Self Service Password Reset on logon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Self Service Password Reset on logon screen: Dear,We're trying to enable the SSPR feature at logon on our windows 10 pc. le SSPR Azure.We've read the following article:Self-service password reset for Windows devices - Azure Active Directory - Microsoft Entra Microsoft DocsThe link is activated, when we are clicking on...
  6. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...: When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a...
  7. small office network requires password to logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    small office network requires password to logon: I know how to go to Network & Security and go through Advanced Sharing to turn off password protection. Got that. I click to save and attempt to move on. But the second I go back to see if it was saved, it has reverted back to the turn on password protection. I have been...
  8. required password reset

required password reset: I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four digits of my cell phone number. I then received a text and entered the code provided, which took me to a screen to enter my...
  9. [Password protection on wakeup] - Is set to 'Required' more secure?

[Password protection on wakeup] - Is set to 'Required' more secure?: When I upgraded to Win10 from Win 8.1 this value changed to [Required], which is a pain because I like to just hit the spacebar and have the machine ready without the extra fuss (many times a day.) No one untrusted has physical access to the machine, but it wakes up at 4am...
  10. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...