Windows 10: "New" Under Apps

Discus and support "New" Under Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove the "New" for newly installed apps under the Start menu? 9775 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Jul 29, 2015.

1. SightUp Win User

"New" Under Apps

Is there a way to remove the "New" for newly installed apps under the Start menu?

:)

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 29, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "New" Under Apps :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "New" Under Apps :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "New" Under Apps :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "New" Under Apps :)

musum, Jul 29, 2015
  4. snafufux Win User

"New" Under Apps

You have to run the newly installed programs.

snafufux, Jul 30, 2015
  5. SightUp Win User
    I know in Windows 8.1, you can run a .reg to just disable this "feature."

Surely Windows 10 has something similar?

SightUp, Jul 30, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    It will disappear over a short time.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  7. SightUp Win User
    There has to be a way to edit it though the reg.

SightUp, Jul 30, 2015
  8. "New" Under Apps

Why do you want to go into the registry and take a chance to mess thing's up ?
    Simply open the program and the dreaded "New" will go away by magic.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 30, 2015
  9. SightUp Win User
    Why do you fear the registry? It is pretty easy to work if you understand what is there and what specifically you are looking for.

SightUp, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Windows 10 does, but it's not for the same thing. *Sad

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

The only way I know of to remove the "New" notice for apps on Start is to open the app, or wait until it's no longer new.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Excuse me, I thought I would point out the extremely easy way to "Remove" the "New" which appears to scare you.

Obviously you are more well versed in all thing's 10.
    "New" Under Apps [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 30, 2015
  12. SightUp Win User
    No, that is not it at all. It's just I shouldn't have to if I do not want to. I am an extremely minimalistic Windows user. I delete everything I can, have nothing running in the background, and turn off all the bells and whistles.

SightUp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"New" Under Apps

1. "New" Under Apps - Similar Threads - Under Apps

2. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  3. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  4. Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening: I bought a license for Flight Simulater.I installed XBox-App and tried to install the programm. I come to the window where you select to install it on PC I click "start-Button" Xbox Window is opening absolutely black nothing happens after about 60 seconds the following error...
  5. Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening

Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening: I bought a license for Flight Simulater.I installed XBox-App and tried to install the programm. I come to the window where you select to install it on PC I click "start-Button" Xbox Window is opening absolutely black nothing happens after about 60 seconds the following error...
  6. Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...: I only want 1 folder to upload to onedrive app on android phone.I have unchecked the camera folder but all the pictures stays in the upload section and nothing else uploads now. Its stuck.I have cleared cache. I have force stopped the app. I have logged out and in. I have...
  8. Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...

Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...: I only want 1 folder to upload to onedrive app on android phone.I have unchecked the camera folder but all the pictures stays in the upload section and nothing else uploads now. Its stuck.I have cleared cache. I have force stopped the app. I have logged out and in. I have...
  9. Onedrive app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now its stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now its stuck.: I only want 1 folder to upload to onedrive app.I have unchecked the camera folder but all the pictures stays in the upload section and nothing else uploads now. Its stuck.I have cleared cache. I have force stopped the app. I have logged out and in. I have uninstalled the app...
  10. Onedrive app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now its stuck.

Onedrive app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now its stuck.: I only want 1 folder to upload to onedrive app.I have unchecked the camera folder but all the pictures stays in the upload section and nothing else uploads now. Its stuck.I have cleared cache. I have force stopped the app. I have logged out and in. I have uninstalled the app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NoNewAppAlert=dword:00000001