Windows 10: new upgrade hangs just before asking for password

Discus and support new upgrade hangs just before asking for password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded my neighbor's computer from 7 to 10. All went well EXCEPT for a small glitch. I set it up without a password and it boots to desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by collieman, Feb 28, 2016.

1. collieman Win User

new upgrade hangs just before asking for password

I just upgraded my neighbor's computer from 7 to 10. All went well EXCEPT for a small glitch. I set it up without a password and it boots to desktop really fast. Upon her checking it out she wanted me to set up a password to keep her children from logging on to it. I did. The password works OK BUT just before the screen asking for the password the computer hangs at the time/date screen. The screen is a pic of a seascape/beach looking through a rock tunnel. I've seen this screen after a computer wakes up from sleep. It will go on if you tap a key. Does anybody know of a way to bypass/stop this screen from showing. She didn't have it with 7 using a password. I tried msconfig with no GUI boot but it doesn't work. Thanks guys.

:)

collieman, Feb 28, 2016

2. Setting up Cortana

Just upgraded to 10. Cortana asked for my Microsoft login. Couldn't remember password. Got code to reset password. It accepted the new password but then asked for the old password which I had forgotten once more before proceeding. How can I fix this?

JohnJohnson52, Feb 28, 2016
  3. NmEVivid Win User
    Windows 10 restore

I have an ASUS ROG I am currently trying to restore but it's hanging up on the just a moment screen and when I boot in safe mode everything asks for a Windows defaultuser0 account password. This is not a update/upgrade just a normal system restore.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

NmEVivid, Feb 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

As far as I know what you are seeing is normal behaviour. If there is a way of bypassing it to go straight to the password screen I'd be interested to know.

philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  5. cyberSAR Win User
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  7. collieman Win User
    Thank you! The lock screen site fixed the problem.

collieman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. new upgrade hangs just before asking for password - Similar Threads - upgrade hangs before

2. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  3. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  4. Just ask...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just ask...: Clean, uncluttered & efficient. Inquiries welcome. Thanks to some K/B shortcuts it works very nicely, too.The wallpaper is not the point, here... that could be anything.Cheers,Drew...
  5. Just ask...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just ask...: Clean, uncluttered & efficient. Inquiries welcome. Thanks to some K/B shortcuts it works very nicely, too.The wallpaper is not the point, here... that could be anything.Cheers,Drew...
  6. ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE: hey my desktop had gone for an automatic upgrade to windows 10. before i did not have any password on it but now it is asking me to enter a password and in that it was telling me to inter Microsoft password i did that too but it is not logging in [ i have tried so many times...
  7. Just asking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just asking: Does anyone know if i can connect a second monitor to my laptop? submitted by /u/us_airways_001-yt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf6uul/just_asking/
  8. New laptop asking for password!

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop asking for password!: Hi i recently bought an Acer aspire and way setting it up today. I got it all set up and was playing around with it. I turned off the password as im the only person using it and its not leaving the house. It went through and the computer said there was no password. All good....
  9. Make a drive ask for password before installing an application?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make a drive ask for password before installing an application?: So, a little context: We have five public gaming computers wich is free to use. The computers are running a 120 GB SSD (C:) with windows 10 and a 2 TB HDD (D:) wich is primaly used for installing games. They are set up with noe administrator user and a guest user wich is...
  10. just to ask

in Windows 10 Support
    just to ask: Hi all just to ask , every now and thin I have a window box flash . I can be playing a game and I will see it flash. I can close the game and nothing is there . or I can be just looking at a web page and it my happen, its so fast I don't know what it is, other than that...