Windows 10: new user account can't see pictures

Discus and support new user account can't see pictures in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a new user account for my spouse but we aren't able to access pics that are on the computer. I can't figure it out, any help appreciated. 93154 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sawtooth, Sep 10, 2017.

1. sawtooth Win User

new user account can't see pictures

I created a new user account for my spouse but we aren't able to access pics that are on the computer. I can't figure it out, any help appreciated.

:)

sawtooth, Sep 10, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Deleted Data

Hi Neil, this is happening much too often at the moment, I think you are logged into a temporary account . . .

Please open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Users

Do you see 2 user accounts that look like yours?

Open each folder and check inside Pictures, Documents . . . etc. and see if your files are there

If your files are there:

Create a new user profile with Admin privileges

Copy all your data from the old profile to the new profile (Documents Library, Pictures Library . . . etc.)

DaveM121, Sep 10, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Win 10 - How do I transfer all programs and settings from one user to another on same PC

It's easy to transfer your user data to a new user account (Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, Desktop, Downloads.) Simply copy them to the corresponding folders in the Public user, then move them from the Public user to the new user account. Not only is
    this easy, if tedious, it helps you avoid situations where you have to reconfigure folder access controls. That's a task you would like to avoid.

Most applications get installed to every user account. Applications that are installed to only one user account can't be moved to another user account - they have to be re-installed in the new user account.

Configuration settings that are only applied to one user account can't be moved to another user account. They have to be re-configured in the new user account.

As you go about setting up your new user account, be mindful to only make configuration choices that are supported in Windows. Unsupported configurations may work, for a while, but they will ultimately create big problems. Don't ask me how I know this, okay?

BulldogXX, Sep 10, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Where are the pics if they are in another accounts profile you wont have rights to see them the simple way is to login with the account that can see them and copy them to a folder in c: away from the profile ie c:\photos the new user can then see them

Samuria, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. new user account can't see pictures - Similar Threads - user account can't

2. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  3. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  4. User Account Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  5. New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows Installation created new user account and I can't link Documents, Pictures,...: So I reinstalled WIndows 10 on my PC, but in doing this it created a new User account called 'Mail4.' My old user account was 'Brandon Pyle.' Both accounts show up in file explorer although the mail4 account is not registered as an account i can actually sign into and...
  6. Can't see moved files on new account?

Can't see moved files on new account?: Moved files from one account to onother via drag and drop user folder. Now Im not seeing said files! File folder in question: Documents What am I doing wrong. Are the files lost forever?...
  7. User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Picture: Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra'...
  8. in the user file i can't see my account user file.

in the user file i can't see my account user file.: I hide my account folder by mistake and when I tried to unhide the folder in the view ribbon, I only got the default user and not my user. [ATTACH]...
  9. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  10. can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user": when I create a new user account I can't log into it error: profSvc service failed I saw posts about changing something in C;/Users/Default User But I don't seem to have such a folder. I defined view settings to show hidden files and also system files, but I don't see...