Windows 10: New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages

Discus and support New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I have just built a new Skylake i7 6700 machine and I installed Windows 10 by using the Win 8.1 USB installation on a new OS SSD, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by beepbeepcar, Oct 21, 2015.

1. New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages

Hello all,

I have just built a new Skylake i7 6700 machine and I installed Windows 10 by using the Win 8.1 USB installation on a new OS SSD, then using the Win10 upgrade tool. This didn't ask me for a clean install, but it was an upgrade on a clean 8.1 install. It's a full retail license for Windows 10 pro.

Since my new Win10 installation a few days ago, I have had repeated BSOD with different messages every time. It happens with me doing any different activities, browsing, using handbrake, watching youtube, watching an mp4 file, copying files, installing software, etc.

The messages include

ACPI BIOS ERROR

MEMORY MANAGEMENT

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

and several more.

I believe I have all drivers updated, by going through Device Manager and there is no exclamation mark. I've installed the drivers that came with my motherboard. Windows Update seems to be fine. I don't know if there's any other driver missing.

CPU and case temps are fine, CPU temp is 45 degrees under load and around 25-30 at idle.

This is an mini-ITX board, so I have only 2 RAM slots which are filled with 2 RAM sticks, so I have limited ability to move the RAM around.

I've uploaded the dump files as per the posting instructions. There are multiple dump files due to the many BSOD with different messages.

I really need to start using this computer for work and I would appreciate any help you can give to solving this so I can start!

Thanks!!

System specs

Skylake-S i7-6700 65w
    ASRock Z170 Fatality gaming mini ITX/ac
    Samsung 850 Evo 250GB m.2 SATA
    Corsair Vengeance low profile 2666MHz DDR4 2 x 8GB
    Asus Geforce 750 Ti Strix
    Corsair H60 all in one cooler
    Silverstone SX500-LG (small form factor 500w)

:)

beepbeepcar, Oct 21, 2015
  2. ji3patel Win User

Troubleshooting Windows 8 and 10 Failure to Start

Hi, I am building a brand new PC and bought Win10 Pro USB Stick for $199. Win10 keeps crashing within less than a minute with different BSOD error message each time.

I replaced the RAM thinking of bad RAM to no avail. I also replaced the Motherboard thinking it was bad motherboard, but again to no avail. Created a brand new USB stick using Media creation tool and tried "Clean Install" with "Custom Install" option, but
    Win10 still keeps crashing either on startup or within 1min once I login. On phone customer tech support (sounds outside of USA from accent) don't understand that that it's a brand new PC build with brand new Win10 install and keep asking me about the upgrade.
    Can you provide me any help?? Is there an phone number I can call where I can talk to expert who can walk me step by step to troubleshoot Win10 crashes?? Here's my PC config -

Processor: Intel i7-4700K (New Retail box)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 (New Retail box)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X series 2x8GB 1866 DDR3 (New Retail)

Thanks.

ji3patel, Oct 21, 2015
  3. upgrade win10 home to pro

current OS version is Win10 Home.

Is there any difference between Pro pack and Pro installation? I have Pro installation CD(brand new licence).

do I need get the Pro pack instead?

veronika241, Oct 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages

Hi beepbeepcar,

Welcome to the 10forums

There are a few 0xA(IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) with a read error.
    This can go 2 ways.
    A driver tried to acces an invalid memory address or wrong memory address
    A driver tried to acces a memory address that was corrupted Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: fffffa8e7c423f60, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield : bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) Arg4: fffff801fe8da5da, address which referenced memory[/quote] In your case, as there are some 0x1A(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) with the following
    Code: STACK_COMMAND: kb SYMBOL_NAME: ONE_BIT FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: hardware IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 IMAGE_VERSION:[/quote] it means that there is a faulty module/slot.
    my recommendation is to test your memory modules using MemTest86+, instructions are below.
    Other dumps (those I have checked) are mostly also being caused by memory problems.

Lets check if the drivers indeed are updated as you say, I have only checked for drivers dating NOT in 2015.
    There is 1 driver not in 2015, the Broadcom network driver.
    Code: bcmwl63a bcmwl63a.sys Fri Oct 31 20:18:04 2014 (5453E06C)[/quote] Unfortunately, Broadcom has no driver updates and I can't find drivers from the manufacturer of your motherboard.

New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages [​IMG]
    Note That this driver is not in 2015 does NOT mean it is causing problems!

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Hello thank you for your prompt reply.

I have run Memtest86+ v 5.01 on each individual RAM stick (I have 2) on different RAM slots (I have 2, it's an mini ITX board)

No errors in around 20 passes done in total.
    Screenshot of Memtest attached.

Attachment 46207

My computer keeps crashing doing different tasks and after different lengths of time. There are many more error messages besides memory related messages. Please help!!

I have attached an updated file for the crash dump files, there are many.

What else can be the problem?

By the way, I am using Skylake i7-6700 processor and DDR4 2667Mhz RAM, is this supported by Memtest86+ 5.01? The website doesn't explicitly say.

Thanks! Your help is really very appreciated as this is now my only computer to use for both work and personal.

beepbeepcar, Nov 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please let me know what the frequency and voltage values of the RAM are, you can find them in the BIOS.

I recommend to update the Broadcom network driver
    Driver below is a Windows driver which is related to the network
    Code: Probably caused by : tcpip.sys[/quote] Driver Reference Table - bcmwl63a.sys
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a start end module name fffff801`2b670000 fffff801`2bdb5000 bcmwl63a (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Timestamp: Fri Oct 31 20:18:04 2014 (5453E06C) CheckSum: 0074A33B ImageSize: 00745000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Below result usually means hard drive or memory problems.
    Please test your hard drive with chkdsk
    Code: SYMBOL_NAME: ONE_BIT FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: hardware IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0[/quote]

Diagnostics Test
    HDD & SSD TEST

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

If all above doesn't help or give results, please read the instructions below carefully for running driver verifier

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Nov 3, 2015
  7. Thanks for your reply.

I have one stick of RAM in it right now (I have two, but I only put one in to see if there's any difference between the two sticks).

It's DDR4 and specced at 2666MHz, but the BIOS shows its running at 2133 MHz.
    It's at 1.2V.
    16-18-18-35

Does that mean anything useful?

beepbeepcar, Nov 4, 2015
  8. New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages

I'm not overclocking, never have, never will.

beepbeepcar, Nov 4, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. beepbeepcar, Nov 4, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately it doesn't rule out the RAM with DDR4 as MemTest86+ hasn't been tested on DDR4, updated for DDR4 and thus doesn't support DDR4.

I have to apologize for this mistake, I didn't look at the system specs. It isn't that frequent that someone uses DDR4.
    Please try running MemTest86
    MemTest86 - Offical Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool

12. My DDR4 RAM is rated at 2666Mhz but is only running at 2133 as shown on my BIOS. Is this relevant to my crashes and why is this?

Thanks!

By the way, everyone will be starting to use DDR4 from now on, as skylake requires it (DDR3 skylake requires new low voltage RAM sticks, so is pointless). New Win10 installs will increasingly be on skylake.

beepbeepcar, Nov 5, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Where does it state that the frequency is at 2666Mhz?
    The BIOS is the most frequent with this kind of values.

14. 2666Mhz is the frequency as labelled physically on the RAM stick. The model of the RAM, as sold is 2666Mhz. That's the specification of my RAM.

so why does the BIOS show it at 2133?

beepbeepcar, Nov 5, 2015
  15. derekimo Win User
    It's still running at the default speed,

Attachment 46522

Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 Memory Kit - Red (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R)

I believe you need to load XMP settings in the BIOS to get the 2666,

Attachment 46525

http://asrockus.pc.cdn.bitgravity.co...ming-ITXac.pdf

In this case, I would wait until you're BSOD's are solved before messing with that though.

derekimo, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. New Win10 Pro installation, multiple different BSOD messages - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro installation

2. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  3. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  4. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSODs with multiple different scenarios and error messages

BSODs with multiple different scenarios and error messages: I recently built a new computer and have been getting quite a few blue screens lately. The first one I got was after booting up my computer after it had been off for a few days. I got that one a couple more times and it tends to happen if I try to hibernate my computer...
  6. Multiple different BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple different BSOD: Hello, So I'm encountering a lot of blue screens, often with different reasons. How it cam to this: A few weeks ago my PC turned very slow, malewarbytes discovered some malware, but the pc stayed slow. Later I found out, that the watercooler wasn't working properly.. I...
  7. Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

Random BSODs with multiple different error messages: Hey lovely people, have this problem for quite a while now and can't seem to pinpoint it: My PC works fine for a day or two and then on the second or third day just crashes randomly, sometimes only once, sometimes multiple times after each other until its tuck in a loop of...
  8. Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install

Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install: In a span of 1 month: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Specs: B450m pro-vdh max R7 3700x RTX 2060 2x 16gb of 3200mhz Gskill Ram 1x 500gb m.2 nvme WDSN750 Black ssd 1x 480gb kingston...
  9. Multiple BSODs with different error messages

Multiple BSODs with different error messages: Hi twice while playing video games and once while not I've encountered 3 blue screens with different error messages. The first was memory_management, the second irql_not_less_or_equal and the last was page fault in nonpaged area. After the first two I updated my graphics...
  10. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...