Windows 10: New Windows 10 family laptop used by a child

Discus and support New Windows 10 family laptop used by a child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have a new HP machine with Windows 10 that will be used primarily by a 12 yr old child in our family. I need to learn the basics of how to set up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Brian101010, Jan 3, 2020.

1. New Windows 10 family laptop used by a child

We have a new HP machine with Windows 10 that will be used primarily by a 12 yr old child in our family. I need to learn the basics of how to set up family so we can set controls with it. I just turned the machine on for the first time and stepping through the set-up and it is asking me to sign-in with an email, phone or skype. Should I sign in with my personal email or my child's email? I don't know how this info will be used later if I want to set controls on it. Can someone point me to so decent tutorials?

:)

Brian101010, Jan 3, 2020

2. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

New Windows 10 family laptop used by a child

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Hi Amy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that your child’s account is already linked to Microsoft Family, you can add your child’s account to your laptop by following the steps from the section
    Add an existing child account on your PC to your family from the article

Add members to your Microsoft family.

However, for additional information refer to the article
    Set up accounts

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

New Windows 10 family laptop used by a child

1. New Windows 10 family laptop used by a child - Similar Threads - family laptop used

2. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  3. Leaving a family as a child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Leaving a family as a child: My parents are divorced and my ex-dad has slight control over my account there are certain things i can and cannot do. I am also listed as a child under my family including only me and my ex-dad. I would like to leave the family but can't because i dont have access to his...
  4. Error adding child to family

Error adding child to family: Trying to add a child to my family group. After going through and giving consent, I get this error screen. MS support has told me there's nothing they can do about it and they referred me here. Is anyone able to help with this?...
  5. Family Settings after child used PC

Family Settings after child used PC: Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a work PC. All was fine for over a year. The owners young son then came along and used the machine and somehow activated the Family Settings. Now anytime the owner the original user tries to access Firefox, a box pops up stating...
  6. Leave family as a child

Leave family as a child: My parents made me a new account without my permission and now they have changed my age so that I'm not old enough to make any changes. Do you know what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-family-as-a-child/afdbfd1a-27e1-45cf-a99a-a30ff36c8c42
  7. Family Group setup for child

Family Group setup for child: Hello, I am looking to setup a child account however, it is asking for an email. My child does not have an email account and when I select the option to use my email instead, it does not let me proceed. It says that there is already an account assigned per my email. There...
  8. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...
  9. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop: I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists....
  10. Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10: How to: Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10 How to Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10 One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free...