Windows 10: New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit!

Discus and support New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My mother has a 9-year-old HP laptop and sadly, today it died after the new windows update. The thing that bugs me is, my computer had issues after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keldeo Star, Mar 14, 2019.

1. New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit!

My mother has a 9-year-old HP laptop and sadly, today it died after the new windows update. The thing that bugs me is, my computer had issues after the new update too, and it is newer at 1 year old.

When she turned it on today, it would not run, it gave her a blue screen, and it told her the new update had a critical error. Sadly she restarted it without knowing to write down the error number. She brought it back to before the update and now it is perfectly fine.

She does not download anything to it, the only outside world contact is her camera and it is a plugin one {it does not need an sd card for storage} All she does on it is play FarmVille

The new update screwed with my computer too, it changed settings, it made it run slower, and it even refused to turn on for the first few minutes after installation. {it was at full battery and plugged in!}

Even though the issue is somewhat resolved for both of us, I want to know if anyone else has been having this issue with new and old computers.

I would also bring awareness about this issue to others!

:)

Keldeo Star, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
  3. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit!

Cumulative Update KB4486553 for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 - March 1

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...2019-kb4486553

See also:

Direct download links for KB4486553 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog:

*Arrow Download KB4486553 MSU for Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 v1809 32-bit (x86) - 34.3 MB

*Arrow Download KB4486553 MSU for Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 v1809 64-bit (x64) - 64.5 MB

*Arrow Download KB4486553 MSU for Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2019 64-bit (x64) - 64.5 MB

New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit! [​IMG]
    Tip How to Find Windows 10 Version Number

How to Find Windows 10 Build Number

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit!

1. New Windows Update For March 2019 Killed My Mom's Computer For A Bit! - Similar Threads - Update March 2019

2. Windows update KILLED my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KILLED my computer: Hello, Latests windows update killed my HP laptop. I have tried several suggested solutions from HP support, including BIOS reset, however I cannot get past the HP logo screen. ONCE it allowed me to get to BIOS screen, however BIOS reset never completed. Currently...
  3. Windows update kills my computer

Windows update kills my computer: I am trying - desperately -to get my computer to stop windows 10 updates. Every time it updates, I get into an "automatic repair" "can't repair" loop. chkdsk says there's nothing wrong. Restore to a previous version doesn't work. So I have to re-install and wipe...
  4. Recent Windows 10 update (Oct. 2019) wiped my mom's computer

Recent Windows 10 update (Oct. 2019) wiped my mom's computer: My mom explained this to me in a somewhat confused rant so I'll do my best to relay her situation: on Saturday (Oct. 5) my mom turned off her laptop to find that, when she turned it on, her computer seemed to be factory reset (or something similar), showing none of her...
  5. June 2019 update killed my machine

June 2019 update killed my machine: Like many people, after an update on June 23rd, I restarted due to an update, but it left me a black screen, a literal black screen. No BIOS splash screen, so I cannot run it with safe mode; HDD light flashed for one second, then turned off permanently; DVD made a click...
  6. New to Microsoft 365 in March 2019

in Windows 10 News
    New to Microsoft 365 in March 2019: This month, we released new features in Microsoft 365 to help you boost teamwork, save time, and streamline your IT management. Here’s a look at what’s new in March. Collaborate more easily New features and services give you more ways to collaborate with colleagues and...
  7. Windows 10 March 2019 Update

Windows 10 March 2019 Update: Since this last update I have noticed many anomalies. Mostly with screen pages. For example, in page setup before printing the system hangs in the setup selection pages. These pages normal have an OK button on the very lower right part of the menu and you cannot proceed...
  8. New Twitter PWA update - March 25th 2019

in Windows 10 News
    New Twitter PWA update - March 25th 2019: See what's happening on the Twitter PWA. View new changes and fixes for mobile.twitter.com, Twitter for Windows, Twitter for KaiOS, and Twitter Lite on Android. We're constantly working to make the Twitter PWA a world-class experience, and we hope you enjoy reading about our...
  9. March 2019 Windows update

March 2019 Windows update: Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 amd64 2019-03 will not install after repeated attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/march-2019-windows-update/1b4395c5-d57f-4274-b63b-d9c74d2a7312
  10. windows update of march 2019

windows update of march 2019: Hello, my laptop was working fair before the update but after the update i have to compulsory use the task manager to start any thing for the first 10 minutes of the startup. i need a solution. Thank-You!!!!...