Windows 10: Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on

Discus and support Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bokbokwhoosh, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on

Hello!

I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my screen changes from the normal tone to a more reddish one, just like what Night Light does, though Night Light is not enabled. Enabling and disabling Night light makes no difference to the screen temperature.

I tried reinstalling my graphics driver, but that didn't help. I've tried installing several older versions of the graphics driver, to no avail. I've also tried updating the BIOS to the latest version. My Windows is always up to date (as up to date at the automatic updates get me).

Once when I uninstalled my graphics driver, the issue went away until I restarted - and the driver reinstalled. Installing the app f.lux also helped for a couple of days - except for a flicker of reddishness now and then, it was mostly stable. But I'm back to the yellowish screen now.

The issue does not appear on the login screen, only after logging in. And it started noticeably after I disabled Microsoft Teams (where did it suddenly pop up from anyway?) from startup - though I cannot confidently say this exactly when it began.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, v. 1903, OS Build 18362.295. The issue started when I was on v.1809. I updated, but the issue persisted.

My display adapter is Intel HD Graphics 520, driver version 23.20.16.4973

My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1470.

I'm deeply grateful for any help!

:)

bokbokwhoosh, Sep 7, 2019

2. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on

Rohn007, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on

1. Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on - Similar Threads - Night light constantly

2. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't: So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all...
  3. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't: So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all...
  4. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  5. Night Light isn't working

Night Light isn't working: Hi, I've updated my Windows PC to 20H2 19042.630. Now the night light feature isn't working. It was working fine before. After updating to 20H2 isn't working give me suggestions to make it work....
  6. Night light turn on for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light turn on for no reason: hi, i have an issue with the night light. It turn on itself for no reason after few minutes from boot and i have to disabled by myself. By the settings is disabled, even the auto turn on. Someone haved the same problem? I can resolve without a reset? Sorry for bad english...
  7. Night Light will not turn on

Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Night Light doesn't turn on even though Windows says it's on

Night Light doesn't turn on even though Windows says it's on: Yeah I have no clue why, but even though Windows says that it's on, it's not. I check the settings and it clearly says "Night Light is on. Will turn off at 6:00 AM" I don't know why the colors aren't adjusting, as I have the color strength set to max and my monitor does...
  9. Night light never turns on.

Night light never turns on.: I tried to turn on night light on my windows 10 manually. But it doesn't turn on. I have the latest Windows 10 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-never-turns-on/1f1ca8ea-ad27-4d79-928c-34ca9808bb2d
  10. Night light wont turn on

Night light wont turn on: [ATTACH] The night light function doesn't seem to be working on my laptop (i have an Acer swift 3), I don't know how to turn it on? It was working at one point though but it is showing what is shown in the image above...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 night light strength settings