Windows 10: Night light has stopped working after new Windows 10 update ... again

Discus and support Night light has stopped working after new Windows 10 update ... again in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I previously posted with this issue here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PsychoPop, Jan 14, 2020.

1. PsychoPop Win User

Night light has stopped working after new Windows 10 update ... again

Hi, I previously posted with this issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/night-light-has-stopped-working-after-new-windows/c968fc2f-b461-45d9-b4ed-6459288befa3?tm=1568463961832

It was previously resolved by going back to a previous Windows build. However my system has been nagging me to update again for a while now, so today I did. Lo and behold, Night Light has stopped working again!

I tried to go and edit the registry as recommended here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_fix_windows_10_night_light_not_working_properly.html after backing up the registry of course but I don't have the location "Computer>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>CloudStore>Store>Cache>DefaultAccount" - in CloudStore there are no further directories for me. If anyone can tell me where to find the files this guide recommends be deleted $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate
    $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings,
    that would be a great help, as I can't find them have Googled etc.

I tried a work around by using f.lux to change my screen colour instead, which I used for years before Night Light, however this doesn't work either trying to use the program doesn't change the colour of the screen at all!

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks. I can't work on the computer without these filters.

:)

PsychoPop, Jan 14, 2020

2. Night light not working

Hi,

Night Light is still listed as a known issue on the update History page.

Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903 - Windows Release Information

Gamma ramps, color profiles, and night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where gamma ramps, color profiles and night light settings may stop working.

The only thing you can do is to wait to get this fixed.

Sumit-Windows Insider MVP, Jan 14, 2020
  3. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Night light has stopped working after new Windows 10 update ... again - Similar Threads - Night light has

2. Night light not working in Windows 10 Latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light not working in Windows 10 Latest update: Hi, i can't use the night light feature in Widows 10, i have tried several solutions, but the solution that i couldn't do was deleting 2 values in the registry editor, when i go to the registry editor the 2 values... aren't just there! i've updated windows 10 to the latest...
  3. My night light scheduling feature has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My night light scheduling feature has completely stopped working: All of a sudden it won't turn the NL on at the designated time. Turning it on manually works. What could it be? I've tried setting my clock myself to the time when it should turn on and it won't work. Restarted multiple times too. I'm on 20h2 submitted by...
  4. Windows 10 Night Light not Working

Windows 10 Night Light not Working: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 and after I updated my night light stopped working. Sometimes it turns on automatically and sometimes it turns off automatically. When I click turn on it doesn't work and same when I try to turn it off. I have tried reinstalling the...
  5. Night light has stopped working after Win 10 1909 update

Night light has stopped working after Win 10 1909 update: The option is there not grayed out, but nothing happens after switching it on the schedule is off, so it supposed to dim the screen regardless of schedule. What I did among things suggested online: Updated graphics card drivers. Updated display pnp monitor drivers....
  6. Night light stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light stopped working: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.329 and today, the "Night Light" filter stopped working. It was set as to schedule based on my location. Now, it shows as "On" even through it isn't working. Changing anything related to it on the Settings app have no...
  7. Windows 10 Night Light Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Night Light Not Working: Hey. For the past month or so I've noticed that Windows Night Light option isn't working. It's grey'd out and not clickable at all. I'm not sure whether it's related to Windows Update or not, but I'm guessing it is. System: Laptop model: Sager np8153-s (Clevo...
  8. Night light has stopped working after new Windows 10 update

Night light has stopped working after new Windows 10 update: Can anyone help with this please? Since installing the latest windows update last night, the night light has stopped working. I also can't use flux. I can't change the display colour at all. I've only been looking at the monitor for 15 mins and my eyes hurt already. This is...
  9. Windows 10 Night Light not working after April update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Night Light not working after April update: I installed the April update and now the night light is not working..It is turned on but nothing happening.. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-night-light-not-working-after-april/d4ec9cfc-8041-4b4f-b16e-93f678b56f12
  10. Windows 10 night light not working

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 night light not working: Like mobile phones and many other devices, computers running Windows 10 have a feature that can filter out blue light to make the screen easier on your eyes at night. This feature is appropriately called night light. Sometimes it doesn’t work as intended, however. The most...