Windows 10: Night Light not toggling automatically if the scheduled time passes during sleep

Discus and support Night Light not toggling automatically if the scheduled time passes during sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having a strange issue with Night Light. Basically, if the time for Night Light to turn on (sunset) passes when my laptop is asleep, it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/11tracer, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Night Light not toggling automatically if the scheduled time passes during sleep

I'm having a strange issue with Night Light. Basically, if the time for Night Light to turn on (sunset) passes when my laptop is asleep, it will not turn on when I wake it up. Conversely, if Night Light is on and the scheduled time to turn it off passes (sunrise) while it's asleep, it will not turn off when it wakes. In both cases I have to toggle it manually for it to start working again.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix it? My laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, with Windows 10 1903 and Intel HD Graphics 620, if that helps.

submitted by /u/11tracer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/11tracer, Oct 29, 2019
  2. yahanna Win User
    yahanna, Oct 29, 2019
  3. ram93 Win User
    Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Hi,

Tried out the methods in comments sections but problem still exists. Here, is what i have noticed.

SCENARIO 1.

Night light set ON time 2100 HRS and OFF at 2115 HRS.

1.if the computer is ON @ 2115 HRS night light turns off automatically. (correct)
    2. If the computer is shutdown @2110 HRS and switched ON @ 2120 HRS. Night light is off at login. (correct)
    2. if the computer was put to sleep @ 2110 HRS and resumed @ 2120 HRS, night light does not turn off. (incorrect).

Basically night light dosen't work properly after a sleep or hibernate happens.

ram93, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Night Light not toggling automatically if the scheduled time passes during sleep

Night light

Hi there,

Check the settings for night light, as below

Go to Start > Settings > System > Display > Night light setting

Check Schedule, to see if toggle Schedule night light to On

If it is on, simply turn it off, and that should resolve your issue.

Thanks!

Ryan Licchelli, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Night Light not toggling automatically if the scheduled time passes during sleep

1. Night Light not toggling automatically if the scheduled time passes during sleep - Similar Threads - Night Light toggling

2. Night light schedule not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light schedule not working: So I have night light on a scheduled to turn on at 10 pm and turn off at 7am. When I have my pc running in the evening it works. It automatically switches on at 10 pm. But every time I turn on my pc in the morning. Usually around 8am it hasn't turned off automatically. And I...
  3. Night light not firing on scheduled time AGAIN in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light not firing on scheduled time AGAIN in Win11: After fiddling with this feature on Windows 10 numerous times, uninstalls, reinstalls etc to finally resolving it somehow not sure how for good, I have now faced the exact same issue in freshly / clean Windows 11 install.Absolutely the same - the scheduled time approaches and...
  4. Night light not firing on scheduled time AGAIN in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light not firing on scheduled time AGAIN in Win11: After fiddling with this feature on Windows 10 numerous times, uninstalls, reinstalls etc to finally resolving it somehow not sure how for good, I have now faced the exact same issue in freshly / clean Windows 11 install.Absolutely the same - the scheduled time approaches and...
  5. Night light not firing on schedule time AGAIN in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light not firing on schedule time AGAIN in Win11: After fiddling with this feature on Windows 10 numerous times, uninstalls, reinstalls etc to finally resolving it somehow not sure how for good, I have now faced the exact same issue in freshly / clean Windows 11 install.Absolutely the same - the scheduled time approaches and...
  6. Night light not firing on schedule time AGAIN in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light not firing on schedule time AGAIN in Win11: After fiddling with this feature on Windows 10 numerous times, uninstalls, reinstalls etc to finally resolving it somehow not sure how for good, I have now faced the exact same issue in freshly / clean Windows 11 install.Absolutely the same - the scheduled time approaches and...
  7. Is there a way to automatically set night light at a specified time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to automatically set night light at a specified time?: I'd like to know if there is any known function that can set the night light to activate at a certain time, whether it is a Windows-based function or 3rd party. Sometimes I like to watch TV shows from my laptop late at night before going to bed and the night light reduces the...
  8. Night light schedule not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light schedule not working: The "set hours" (not location) option for night light scheduling is not working on my Surface Laptop 3. When the time hits for it to turn on, it doesn't and I have to do so manually and when morning hits for it to be turned off, I again have to do it manually. How do I fix it...
  9. Night Light won't turn on on schedule

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light won't turn on on schedule: Night Light won't get activated on schedule - see screenshot for details. Deactivation works as expected though. OS version: Windows 10 1909, but before upgrading from 1803 I experienced the same problem Intel GPU driver version: 26.20.100.7463 Night Light works as expected...
  10. Keyboard Shortcut Toggle to Night Light?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcut Toggle to Night Light?: Is there a direct keyboard shortcut to toggling on and off Win10's Night Light? 91040